Wesser Employee Reviews about "team leader"

Updated 16 Feb 2019

3.3
Wesser Managing Director Martin Wesser (no image)
Martin Wesser
Pros
  • "Expectations in terms of output for fundraisers is high but the pay/rewards reflect this(in 7 reviews)

• "It's a really social role and the company organise lots of events outside of work so you're always meeting new people(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Having said that, my team leader was great at offering training and advice when asked or needed which was really helpful(in 7 reviews)

• "It gets tiring having to walk from door to door at some point(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "team leader"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "10/10 fundraising company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Charity Fundraiser

I have been working at Wesser part-time for less than a year

Pros

Perfect for students! Live in role which covers all costs but food! Supportive and caring team leaders! Ambassador role for uni students! Seminars are great for learning more about the company and how to excel! Best fundraising company I have worked for! Exceptional pay!

Cons

Can be a difficult job, however supportive team leaders help to improve you to excel! Those who can do the job go far as well!

"St. John’s Ambulance door to door"

I worked at Wesser full-time

Pros

Good pay if you are good at meeting targets.

Cons

Disgusting team leaders, making fun of gay people.

February 25, 2019Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience with us and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail. The HR team are available by telephone on: 01462 704 878. Alternatively please feel free to email: enquiries@wesser.co.uk

"awful"

Former Employee - Door to Door Fundraiser in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Wesser full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing. I have really messed up my life doing this.

Cons

left us stranded in Scotland, the job seemed promising enough and too good to be true...... it was! I moved with my partner to Scotland for the job 400 miles away from home, my first day after driving for 4 hours I was straight into work, didn't have time to unpack for 3 days as the second we woke up it was training time and then out to work until 8. Team leader was way too positive so positive it left a negative effect. I did well on my first day but fundraising in Scotland is not a good idea, I was left close to tears after almost every door. The pressure that was put on me to meet the targets was too much. My partner got fired for not meeting the targets so I quit with him. After firing him we were left stranded 400 miles away from home with no way of getting home and no money. Worst experience of my life.

September 24, 2018Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive fundraising experience. We employ over 500 fundraisers in the UK every year and feedback of this nature is very rare. Our fundraising administration team would welcome the opportunity to discuss the above noted issues to aid us in providing the highest quality of training and support for future fundraisers. The team are available by telephone on: 01462 704 860. Alternatively please feel free to email: enquiries@wesser.co.uk

4. "Don't be scared by reviews"

4.0
    Former Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Wolverhampton, England

I worked at Wesser full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team environment Nice accommodation Thorough training Confidence building Living somewhere new Raise money for charity Before joining Wesser I read the reviews online and was a bit scared about what I was getting myself into. A lot of what people complain about I found isn't the case anymore, and all in all I had a fantastic experience. This is a demanding job in the sense that it's quite all consuming - you pack up and move somewhere, and live and work with a whole new group of people. Because of the hours - 12-8pm plus travel time - it can be hard to have a work life balance, but if you get on well with your team it's great fun. I really did enjoy the job itself - it's nice being outside, walking lots and getting to meet new people. I definitely felt a sense of pride that I was doing something meaningful with my summer job, not just pulling pints or stocking shelves. It can get tough when the weathers bad or you've had a lot of no's - no matter how good you are rejection is a huge part of the job. Having said that, when you do get sign ups, the sun is shining and you've had a good day it feels fantastic.

Cons

Lack of job security - need to hit targets Unsociable hours Can get repetitive My only real complaint is the job security - you can be put 'on target' which means you have to achieve the sign ups for the week or you are sent home which can be quite stressful. I managed to avoid this myself but it seems to be pretty common. Having said that, my team leader was great at offering training and advice when asked or needed which was really helpful.

Continue reading

"Horrendous place to work"

Sales in Leeds, England

I worked at Wesser

Pros

The only thing I actually enjoyed while working for Weser was a few of the people I met that I am still friends with today.

Cons

Not being told about the money that I would have to pay out and ended up not having enough money for food then sending a 19 year old girl out by herself in a place she Dosent know. Anything could have happened to me, then when you get something stolen from you nothing happens about it. I received no proper training and was left to get on with it then got slated when I didn't do as well as they expected and having my accent (I'm Scottish) slagged by one of the team leaders constantly (usually wouldn't annoy me but it was constant) the best thing I done was leave. Apart from a few of the people I met it was the worst job I've ever had.

"ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!"

Door to Door Fundraiser in London, England

I worked at Wesser

Pros

Met a couple of down to earth people

Cons

This was my first job after graduating law school. After the warm interview, I was quite optimistic about the job, even referring it to my friends. I was aware of the inescapable challenges of a door to door fundraising role but after selling me dreams of a comfortable and fun working and living environment, plus the prospect of a good pay, I was willing to try it. The company also tried to create the picture of this being a competitive role and made me believe I was lucky to have gotten it but in actual fact this is the kind of role that hardly anyone wants. The job started with a training at Letchworth in a very dreary looking hotel. It seemed like the standard simply went down the hill from the interview. From the training I got to the house which again was below my standards. I wasn't expecting 5 star quality accommodation but a clean, minimalist environment that didn't feel like someone's grandmas house would have been nice. Everyone in the house smoked despite the supposed no smoking policy and cats occasionally paid us visits in the kitchen despite the no pet policy both of which left me feeling sick and disgusted. The worst part was everyone smoking in the car on the way to work. Furthermore, the fact that they couldn't provide each house with wifi was inexcusable. The job itself is so challenging that you absolutely NEED an extremely comfortable environment to balance it out. The company itself was disgustingly unprofessional. Once you don't hit high numbers which considering the nature of the job is an unrealistic expectation, they begin to put pressure on you to meet their targets at all costs. They use the disguise of 'objective handling' which in reality requires you to forcefully persuade people and play on their vulnerability. I told my team leader I was leaving at the end of my first week which to be honest was a stretch as I was ready to leave from the first day. They then asked me to meet a certain target on my working day in order to stay the full week. This was a clear strategy to get me to leave earlier rather than the full week's work since no one else was given this ultimatum. Lastly, nothing about this company says that they care for the charity. It seems completely profit motivated. There are other ways to raise money for charity better suited for today's society...

September 5, 2016Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. We employ over 500 fundraisers every year and feedback of this nature is rare. Our fundraising administration team would welcome the opportunity to discuss the above noted issues to aid us in providing the highest quality of training and support for future fundraisers. The team are available by telephone on: 01462 704 860. Alternatively please feel free to email: enquiries@wesser.co.uk

7. "Terrible times."

I worked at Wesser

Pros

Literally, this was the worst job ever. The only pro was that I was able to just pack up and leave after a week. Normally I would stick any job for three months to really give it a go but I genuinely hated every moment of this job the whole time.

Cons

The company is an utter sham. They drop you off in the middle of nowhere (outskirts of city) and send you knocking doors-they left me as a female completely on my own-no other team members in the area as my team leader had to go to a meeting in a different city hours away. In the interview they promise you everything and make it seem really easy. It's hard. It's hard to sell a lie when you know it's not true to people hit hard by the recession. It made me feel like a really awful person.

August 23, 2016Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. We employ over 500 fundraisers per year and feedback of this nature is rare. Our fundraising administration team would welcome the opportunity to discuss the above noted issues to aid us in providing the highest quality of training and support for future fundraisers. The team are available by telephone on: 01462 704 860. Alternatively please feel free to email: enquiries@wesser.co.uk

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.