Western Union Reviews

3.6
Western Union President, CEO and Director Hikmet Ersek
Hikmet Ersek
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior management has a disconnect with employees and their is a lot of politics with the organization due to which department work in Silos(in 36 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be a challenge(in 35 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Corporate Global experience"

Current Employee - Internal Audit Senior in Denver, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multicultural environment at the Global level

Cons

I don’t want to answer this question

March 6, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

We're glad that you love our global and multi-cultural environment, and we thank you for 5+ years of service. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we're glad to have you on our team!

2. "Really enjoyed working with this team"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in London, England

I worked at Western Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked with a great team of people, and felt a lot of support from the business to both expand my skill set and also adapt to challenges faced by covid

Cons

I don't have any complaints it just wasn't the right role for me

"Poor "clicky" management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Western Union full-time

Pros

If you get a good manager its great.

Cons

If you face doesn't fit or you aren't in the "click" then don't expect much

"Face has to fit"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate

I worked at Western Union full-time

Pros

Salary and benefits good holidays

Cons

Not friendly office and no atmosphere

January 8, 2021Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you mentioned salary and benefits as pros! We do our best to take care of all our employees by providing competitive salaries and a variety of benefits, along with opportunities to achieve work-life balance. However, we're disappointed to hear about your experience with our work environment, as we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive org culture where all employees receive the utmost support. We take employee feedback seriously, and as we continue to influence positive change in the organization, we will share comments like yours with the appropriate teams.

5. "Great company"

I worked at Western Union full-time

Pros

Great environment, good bonus system

Cons

Low salary, not many opportunities

October 19, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review. We're thrilled that you appreciated the work environment and bonus system while you were with Western Union. We strive to foster an environment where employees are fulfilled in their work and are taken care of well through our Global Total Rewards program. However, we're sorry to hear about your experience with compensation and career growth. We do our best to provide competitive compensation packages based on annually reviewed salary market surveys and analysis and allocate opportunities equally based on contributions, skills, and experience. We appreciate feedback from both current and former employees and we will be sure to share it with the appropriate teams to continue driving positive change in the company.

"Awful environment, shoddy management, poor company."

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Western Union full-time

Pros

Salary, benefits and work-life balance.

Cons

An environment that limits connection and creativity, but encourages treachery, deceit, sniping and negative competition amongst its staff. One of the worst environments I'd worked in.

October 13, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

First, we thank you for 10+ years of hard work at Western Union. We’re pleased that you mentioned salary, benefits, and work-life balance as pros. However, we are sorry to hear about your experience with the work environment. We do our best to foster a culture where employees can collaborate and feel supported with the work they are doing. We understand that management can have a significant impact on our employees, and believe that everyone in our community deserves to be treated with uncompromising trust and respect. We appreciate feedback, and we will share your thoughts with our leadership teams as we continue to drive positive change in our organization.

"Good to start your corp journey"

Former Employee - Key Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Western Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great colleagues, good salary and benefits

Cons

Poor leadership- no direction, strategy changes every few months. A lot of lay offs used as a cost saving initiative. No career development

September 14, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad you mentioned salary, benefits, and work environment as pros to working at Western Union! However, we are sorry to hear about the cons you experienced in terms of leadership, layoffs, and career development. As Western Union is going through a very transformative time, we want all our employees to feel supported as we understand the impact that leadership can have on our employees. Given our globally-minded nature, we are constantly reviewing key considerations for where our jobs should be located and the demand for the roles we need to achieve business results. We also strive to provide opportunities for our employees based on knowledge, skills, and contributions. As we continue to drive positive change in the organization, we will definitely share feedback like yours with the appropriate teams.

8. "Manager"

2.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at Western Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Short hours which means I get to do other things

Cons

Early start so trains have to be on time

September 10, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We want all our employees to have fulfilling careers and achieve a healthy work-life balance, and we're glad you are experiencing this. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you continue to have a positive experience as a #WUEmployee!

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Manager in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary package for job, excellent room to grow and develop if you want it and drive. Always feel valued even when during with executive groups. Very friendly atmosphere felt welcome from day 1

Cons

Global approval is lengthy but show me a global company that isn't. So all in all none

July 21, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your 5-star review! We're happy you mentioned compensation, career growth, and our company culture as pros to working at Western Union. We're glad you are having a great time as a #WUEmployee, and we're glad to have you on the team! #WOOTWU

"It’s ok"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Western Union full-time

Pros

Great people in the office

Cons

Not a team oriented atmosphere

May 7, 2020Senior Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to see that you enjoy working with your fellow employees, and we agree - we have the best people on our team! However, we're sorry you don't feel we have a team-oriented atmosphere. Collaboration is a crucial element to how we work at Western Union. We encourage you to share your thoughts with us through the following avenues - by discussing your experience with your manager, by answering our monthly WU Listens survey, or by emailing us confidentially at careers@westernunion.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,297 English Reviews