White Clarke Group Milton Keynes Reviews

Updated 13 Apr 2021

4.5
White Clarke Group Group CEO Brendan Gleeson (no image)
Brendan Gleeson
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good company

13 Apr 2021 - Business Analyst in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people, decent working environment

Cons

Can't think of any at present

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you are happy working at WCG.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great training - Hands on work - Good opportunities - Flexible working

10 Feb 2021 - Business Analyst in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic training. Company provides time to get into the role and bring in external training. Hands on work - the BA role is very encompassing of the SDLC and is great exposure for an end-to-end delivery from Requirements Engineering through to Delivery. Great opportunities - opportunity to meet clients at client site, within the UK or even abroad within Europe. Flexible working - company is open to working from home and have VPN set up to do this.

Cons

HR team didn't come across well. Upper management seems like a closed circle.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Review

6 Apr 2021 - Test Analyst in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team spirit and helpful

Cons

There is nothing to mention.

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback, we pride ourselves in having great people across the business and team work is paramount to our success.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Nice people

26 Jan 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice and friendly people working here.

Cons

Unfortunately, not very well organised

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your comments. We are currently implementing further processes to drive the business forwards and ensure our operations run smoothly.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Unsupportive HR & Management Structure

21 Jan 2021 - Service Delivery Manager in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you get along with the ‘top floor’ you get along fine. Clients extremely patient

Cons

No management support Little career development HR not supportive All the care about is making money for the directors and shareholders, no thought about customer satisfaction or service

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great friendly family oriented company

10 Sep 2019 - Test Lead in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone that I work with go above and beyond their roles to ensure the quality of the software is improved with each release. Everyone is friendly and will always offer assistance to new starters so that they can pick up the software well, and new employees are given a great deal of support as they learn more and more. Great communication between teams, so that items are not missed between integrations. There are some fantastic events put on by the company that involve not only the actual staff, but their families too (Summer BBQ at Woburn safari park, or playing crazy golf). There is an active Social committee that are always looking for events to organise, along with fizz Friday on the last Friday of the month, fancy dress events, and great company Christmas parties. The company provides a good opportunity to progress your job role, and due to the openness of the SMT are always looking for ideas and suggestions on how the company can improve.

Cons

The bonus scheme, whilst excellent to those that were fortunate to receive it, has caused bad feelings from some that didn't get it, which I felt was unfair to people that do a lot of work at WCG for other people who then feel let down.

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback. Quality of our software is what drives us in everything we deliver for our clients so it is great to hear this feedback. We review the bonus process annually and are committed to ensure we are rewarding all employees in a fair and consistent manner, we will continue to monitor and review this process so thank you for your feedback.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Business Analyst

21 Oct 2020 - Business Analyst in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Travel opportunities Experience to work on large scale projects

Cons

Questionable senior management Challenges with transitioning to becoming a proper software house

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback, we are consistently reviewing our management training to support our senior managers in ever changing times, thank you for your feedback.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Challenging and engaging environment

2 Oct 2020 - Operations Director in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and work life balance Challenging cutting edge technical work Truly global organisation Great history and people

Cons

Just gone through organisational restructure which will take some time to bed in.

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback shared with the business.

9. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Friendly place and welcoming atmosphere

3 Mar 2020 - Apprenticeship in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have enjoyed my assessment day for a Software Developer Apprenticeship role. I have received a warm welcome at the reception, had an informative presentation about the company and the role, took a part in some group exercises. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly, put me at ease and I really enjoyed the experience. Some cool company merchandise was handed out to the participants, this was a really nice touch.

Cons

No downsides, as only came for an assessment day :)

White Clarke Group Response

Thank for for your comments, we are delighted you enjoyed the experience

10. 3.0