White Clarke Group Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Oct 21, 2020

Found 8 of over 131 reviews

4.2
White Clarke Group Group CEO Brendan Gleeson (no image)
Brendan Gleeson
Pros
  • "Work Life Balance is utmost priority for the company(in 16 reviews)

• "Offers a healthy work environment(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lack of transparency from senior management and internal politics(in 7 reviews)

• "I can't think of any cons about WCG(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

237.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=White Clarke Group~37495
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New starter and induction

Nov 2, 2019 - Project Manager in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people, easily approachable senior management. Everyone willing to help with knowledge transfer and coaching. Nice building to work in every day

Cons

A lot to learn quickly. Don’t know what I don’t know but that’s not specific to WCG it’s the case with all new roles. A few negative people but not many, again you find that everywhere

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your comments, we take great pride in our office environment, we like to offer big open spaces to work in and the flexibility our great office space gives us. We strive to ensure our roots are firmly demonstrated through our values and we maintain the family feel we were established with.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Business Analyst

Oct 21, 2020 - Business Analyst in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel opportunities Experience to work on large scale projects

Cons

Questionable senior management Challenges with transitioning to becoming a proper software house

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback, we are consistently reviewing our management training to support our senior managers in ever changing times, thank you for your feedback.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overall a good experience

Jul 8, 2020 - Service Delivery Manager in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People who work there are really talented and hardworking

Cons

Lack of transparency from senior management and internal politics.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Engaging work and great culture

Jul 23, 2019 - Business Analyst in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at White Clarke is great. Compartmentalized which helps avoid internal scope creep and they are very good at dealing with client scope creep. The on boarding process for non juniors was very thorough. There are regular office events. IT department is very helpful and quick. Technology is very up to date. Travel opportunities and it doesn't feel like you are burning bridges if you say no. Everybody at the office seems very happy with their day to day. Many prospects and projects you can jump in if you have the bandwidth. Flexible hours. Great work life balance. Senior management is very communicative.

Cons

1st time juniors seem to struggle, they don't know how good they have it here and it creates a weird atmosphere when they leave. No cantine on site at the Milton Keynes office. Will update if needed.

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback, we are in the process of redesigning our on-boarding process for junior employees to allow them further opportunities across the business, keep an eye out for internal communications of how you can be involved in this.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Business Analyst

Feb 2, 2016 - Business Analyst in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined the company as a graduate with no relevant experience and have been supported heavily by WCG with a large amount of internal and external (formal certification) training. I have been given the opportunity to travel the world and experience different working cultures (and alcoholic beverages) in several European countries as well as in China. The company is growing fast but is still small enough to enable good work to be easily recognised and rewarded senior management.

Cons

Some of the back-office processes (holiday booking, performance management etc.) are still struggling to cope with the rapid growth the company has made over the last few years and this can be a source of frustration; however these issues have been recognised by senior management and efforts are being made to improve this.

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to post this- very happy that you are enjoying your time with WCG.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

It’s ok

Jun 1, 2019 - Analyst in Global Village
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great they are the reason that I stayed Some of the greatest managers I’ve worked with Working from home and flexibility

Cons

Some of the senior management do not have vision or forward thinking They are still on physical paystubs instead of digital Accounts payable is always late for overtime and expense check processing

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

TOXIC COMPANY AND OUTDATED TECHNOLOGY

Apr 19, 2019 - Web Developer in Blacktown
      Business Outlook

Pros

Convenient office location North Sydney.

Cons

Outdated technology and methodology. Many employees provide feedback on improvements but management is too proud to listen. They only care about getting money in their pockets they dont care about employees. They make us work long hours even though you make them aware of your personal circumstances. Managers will bully us if we don’t do as told. You only get promoted based on relationship with senior management.

3 people found this review helpful

White Clarke Group Response

White Clarke Group have an open door policy that allows employees the opportunity to share their feedback and ideas with stakeholders, as a global team we would be keen to explore your comments further with you. The recent changes within our structure allow employees the exposure to various stakeholders across the world and opportunities for Q&A with the CEO at the townhall events . The R&D team are investigating new and innovative technology and methodologies and we are developing our product to keep ahead of the market.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

very high turnover rate, overworked QA, under average salary for developers

Sep 24, 2013 - Solutions Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

its a very warm and friendly culture. small cozy Toronto office (less than 35 employees) with small teams (4-5) which are mostly in maintenance mode.

Cons

overtime work is not compensated because this UK-based company doesn't fall under any of Toronto's regulated industry (like telecoms and banking). QA does 2 jobs: QA and BA (business analysts) for the price of 1 leading to overworked QA and compromised products for clients Senior management gets promotions while less senior staff get token raises. No pension, no severance package, under average health insurance package. there is a ~15% turnover rate per year coupled with stagnant salaries which is quite discouraging i left White Clarke for a Canadian bookstore chain where I'm compensated to the industry average.

9 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for your comment, we have made a number of changes to harmonise as part of our global reach over the past few years- I hope you have felt the benefits of this.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews