Found 29 of over 267 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great products and people." (in 33 reviews)
- "Great benefits" (in 15 reviews)
- "People and culture are good." (in 12 reviews)
- "There is a reason why the company has low staff turnover: the work life balance is great, the pay is reasonable and the industry is fun." (in 7 reviews)
- "great people who are trying their best in difficult circumstances" (in 4 reviews)
- "Bad management everybody is lost" (in 6 reviews)
- "Leadership is disjointed and direction not clear." (in 6 reviews)
- "Structure is relatively flat, hence limited career progression" (in 4 reviews)
- "bonus and increment almost non" (in 3 reviews)
- "Huge lack of alignment with the acting CEO and marketing management team, possibly too many 'yes' people in posts which means chaos has trickled downwards." (in 3 reviews)
Reviews about "management"Return to all Reviews
- 1.023 Feb 2020Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Great Brands and Simon Hunt is a fair and honest leader.
Very cliquey and toxic due to NYC management team. These are people with power that has gone to their heads and made them out of touch with the majority of their employees. Want to succeed? Succumb to the clique and become part of those who have nothing to do but spread rumors and choose thier next victim. Horrible new hires with little experience come and go. At least 100 in the past 5 years like a revolving door have left this place.8
- 5.011 Feb 2018Anonymous FreelancerFormer FreelancerElgin, Scotland
There was a genuine feeling of a family business. It was apparent all the staff were happy to be there and management appeared to appreciate all the employees.
Had some mildly stressful moments.
- 5.03 Apr 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Fun industry to work in Highly professional management team Excellent portfolio of brands
No long term compensation plans Not many opportunities for career progression2
- 4.04 Nov 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Good company to work for lots of benefits and perks to the job and you’re well looked after
When I left was in transition between small company and corporate company and some big hitters came in senior management which changed the company feel1
- 1.012 Aug 2022Brand AmbassadorFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Brands are good and well respected. Employers at the brand homes and production are great and many good employees.
If you have a disability, do not work for WGS. They are not an inclusive work environment and will bully you and lie in order to get you out. Management care about keeping their friends in regardless of ability and experience. Sadly the company has gone down hill since the new CEO & Chairman took over and family members who lack morals.
- 5.015 Nov 2020Research and Development ScientistCurrent EmployeeGirvan, Scotland
Good place to work. Very innovative and dynamic
Management style is classic and can create frictions. However people is very professional and focus2
- 1.021 Jul 2022Finance ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Product allowance, although limited or largely unavailable Previous CEO and CMO were honest and earnest. Still good leaders and role models around the business but they are not given opportunities
Poor excuses for why top management is still white and male. Opportunities for women are limited or dampened down by comments related to “strength” and requirements suggesting aggression is more preferable to technical ability. Incredibly BBU finance not questioned why top talent has left and the remaining white middle class British males have been promoted into central team roles at the expense of strong young talent.2
- 3.026 Feb 2021Commercial TeamFormer Employee
Team relationships are very strong, uplifting, and inclusive. Continuing Education is advocated and provided. The benefits are fantastic.
The brands have the potential to be outstanding but are often sabotaged by upper management decisions. The HR Department.4
- 5.015 May 2023Treasury AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCumbernauld, Scotland
Great company to work for in general.
Management can be inflexible and trying to force office working