William Grant & Sons Employee Reviews about "scotland"

Updated 3 Dec 2020

3.8
William Grant & Sons Interim CEO Giles Wilson
Giles Wilson
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Great Brands, amazing people, great career support(in 13 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, small enough to connect with most people(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor work life balance and not enough employees(in 4 reviews)

• "Ops leadership in NJ is weak and cow toes to what NY and Scotland want(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "scotland"

Return to all Reviews

"On surface looks good"

1.0

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at William Grant & Sons

Pros

Great brands and some really passionate people who are working very very hard to live the values and legacy

Cons

Unfortunately this company just looks good on the surface and scratch it and you find at the main site in Scotland terrible behaviour, culture and politics!! Most of the good people who are not tied to final salary pensions are looking to leave!!

Continue reading

"Great Springboard into the Industry"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Ops Team Member in Edison, NJ

I worked at William Grant & Sons full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I had a relatively positive experience working at WGS. The US Ops Team leadership took to me to ensure that I was always challenged and supported. I was able to work various roles and gain invaluable experiences. The people I worked with were some of the best people I've met and I keep in contact with some that have really changed and influenced my life. The benefits in the US Business were great and the HR team did a great job of adapting and adjusting to ensure we had some of the best benefits out there. Talent development was the main aspect that kept me at WGS. The US Ops team wholeheartedly believed in talent development.

Cons

The glint of an amazing job can be dulled very quickly at WGS. Often times, they (Corporate WGS- Scotland, more specifically Leaders at SBP in the Packaging Supply Chain Team) are late on extending/conferring promotions, raises, adoption of new ideas, and just general appreciation for the work being done. Culturally, there are "token" members throughout the organization to spread the Gospel that WGS as a whole is Inclusive. The US accounts for the majority of the inclusiveness. However, throughout the organization, the inclusion of "thought diversity" is scarce and even frowned upon/shunned. Don't go in with any ideas of your own. If the Senior leadership team didn't think of it, they don't want to hear about it. Long term career wise: get in, get your experiences, work on your talent development, and get out. Don't expect average pay in the US Ops team.

"Operations an afterthought"

2.0

I worked at William Grant & Sons

Pros

Great products, generous product allowance, great company events, typically get full bonus

Cons

Operations is the abused child of the org. Commercial will blame Every problem on operations and ops leadership will act like a punching bag and take it. Ops leaders talk a good game, but little action. You WILL be expected to do the work of two people, with no additional comp. and don’t complain about it or you will be out. Leaders will give the right platitudes but it’s more talk. They don’t care, just work harder. People leave crying at the end of the day during Q4 because they are driven so hard and told they aren’t doing enough. There’s a reason there are few long term employees here. US is run by 3 people, 2 in NY, 1 in Florida. What they say goes, cross them at your own risk. Ops leadership in NJ is weak and cow toes to what NY and Scotland want.

Continue reading
  4. "Family run spirits company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Whisky Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at William Grant & Sons part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay, excellent training, solid support

Cons

Don't get to Scotland as much as I would like

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Popular Careers with William Grant & Sons Job Seekers