Found 143 of over 155 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Hybrid and flexible working." (in 12 reviews)
- "Great team of people and nice customers" (in 10 reviews)
- "The work life balance is fantastic, I work from home for a couple of days a week (depending on my diary), which is great when I’m working on projects and want to avoid the open plan office." (in 7 reviews)
- "Supportive colleagues." (in 6 reviews)
- "Good benefits and welcoming service" (in 6 reviews)
- 5.027 Oct 2023Family KeyworkerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSalisbury, England
Really enjoyed working for WIltshire Council. Colleagues were excellent and very professional, they worked tirelessly to improve outcomes for some of the most vulnerable in society. Inter departmental working is very good.
Roles can be subject to erratic government policy and whimsy - usually not evidence based and can result in some detrimental impact on staff morale. Not really an issue with the organisation, more a systemic issue with how policies are devised in Westminster.
- 1.021 Nov 2023HR Support SpecialistFormer EmployeeTrowbridge, England
You get a manageable workload
Slow pace, difficult to get things done, people have their own agendas.
- 5.08 Oct 2023Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA)Current Employee
Team work Well led Lots of CPD Great career progression Flexible working hours
Pay rises - Lots of public spending cuts means less frequent pay rises.
- 5.018 Sept 2023Swim TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMelksham, England
Flexible working hours Annual leave Relaxing job Fulfillment Develops problem solving
Often understaffed Issues with management Rigid schemes of work Customer service Unpaid overtime ork
- 1.018 Aug 2023OD Consultant - Inclusion and DiversityFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsTrowbridge, England
- Innovative and forward thinking in tech and ways of working - Flexible working - Large organisation so potential to build good networks - Good benefits inc holiday, staff rewards etc. - If you are white and can fit in, it's a great place to work.
- Not an inclusive culture for most ethnic minority staff and in my opinion, covert and institutional racism thrives, along with a fear culture of victimisation for speaking out and gaslighting. - Toxic culture in some departments. - Huge pay disparities between tier 2/3 (corporate directors and heads of service) and middle managers, even bigger compared to junior roles. - Homogeneous organisation where many managers hire and promote in their own image. - Blame culture. This is based on my own individual experience and that of some others from an ethnic minority background - it is not speaking for everyone as each individual has their own experience and each team and department has it's own culture. There are positives but from my experience, the negatives far outweighed them, taking a toll on my mental health and hence the overall negative score - for me. There were some really good memories but it was a journey of hell and back every couple of years and no matter how hard I tried, I could not fit in or feel like I belonged. I faced microaggressions from day 1 (literally) till my last days there. I was denied simple recognition for many achievements, denied development opportunities and told I would not go further in my career. There is no other explanation of my treatment other than race/religion as there was not a single mark on my performance or character. All of this has left me traumatised. I wrote about my experience in a blog post, which was shared with the Chief Executive and senior leaders but was dismissed as lies despite countless former and current employees/colleagues testifying to it, including former directors and a former chief executive.
- 4.017 Sept 2023Finance OfficerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTrowbridge, England
Nice culture Respected at work Local authority benefits
Large caseload Pay for the amount of work Work life balance
Wiltshire Council Reviews FAQs
Wiltshire Council has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 155 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Wiltshire Council to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
88% of Wiltshire Council employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wiltshire Council 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.