Wiltshire Council Employee Reviews about "restructures"

Updated Oct 9, 2018

Found 5 of over 97 reviews

4.1
Wiltshire Council Leader Philip Whitehead  (no image)
Philip Whitehead
Pros
  • "Benefits like the holiday package, pension and flexible working are massive plusses too(in 25 reviews)

• "The ability to work from home, and flexible working means a better work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "hot desking(in 6 reviews)

• "Restructures happened every 2-3 years(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "restructures"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Supportive, innovative and flexible

Feb 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working arrangements within the organisation are amazing and have allowed me to manage my home and work life, which is extremely helpful, especially with a young child around. The organisation is incredibly innovative. Having recently been accepted on to the organisations new staff engagement group it is evident that there are genuine initiatives to encourage staff to become more involved, providing opportunity to ‘have a voice’. I am engaged with the organisation’s objectives and feel that my opinion is truly valued. I have always felt supported by both my manager and colleagues and this support has given me the confidence to enrol onto a professional qualification so that I am able to develop further in my chosen career.

Cons

Inevitably, there have been restructures within my area of work, however, during this time I continually felt well informed. Manager communication remained honest and transparent.

Resource Advisor

I'm really glad to hear you are part of our new employee engagement group, and seem to really enjoy working at Wiltshire Council. It's also great to hear you feel supported by colleagues and your manager. We look forward to you helping make the council an even better place to work through the engagement group, and cant wait to see what initiatives the group introduce. Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good place to work

Oct 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Offers good flexible working conditions.

Cons

Restructures happened every 2-3 years.

Resource Advisor

Thank you for your review!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Modern and Progressive

Feb 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working is a big plus in helping to minimise stress and achieve that elusive work/life balance. Place is always buzzing with activity, and there are opportunities aplenty to get involved in all sorts of things. Good ambience, air conditioning, lots of free space, pleasant environment. Managers approachable and do listen.

Cons

Service restructures seem sadly to be necessary in times of austerity, but do impact on staff morale and job security.

Continue reading

Resource Advisor

It's great to hear your feedback, and thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel, we promise we will keep listening!

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Pros

Lots of opportunity to make a difference Great people to work with Budget concerns did not stop Council doing the right thing

Cons

Office politics can be tiring Budget issues can lead to restructures and job uncertainty for people who are working hard and delivering fantastic service.

Continue reading

Resource Advisor

Thank you for all your intense activity over the last 5 years! It's great to hear your balanced and positive feedback, thank you for taking the time to review us.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good place to work

Sep 30, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working part-time at Wiltshire Council for 8 years. I enjoy working here and have found them to have good flexible working patterns and policies. It is a forward thinking organisation using up to date technology.

Cons

Constant restructures due to budget cuts from Government.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Strategic HR Manager

Thank you for your review - it is great to hear that you enjoy working here and that our flexible working policies are of benefit to you. The budget cuts do mean that we have to constantly look for more efficient ways to deliver services – in many cases new technology can help us deliver these changes but as you point out this can also mean a need to change our structures which we do understand is difficult for the staff involved.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews