Wise Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 13 Nov 2020

4.4
Wise CEO Kristo Käärman
Kristo Käärman
Pros
Cons
  • "Autonomous teams means that often you need to "lobby" with other teams to get things done(in 35 reviews)

• "there are many questionable team leads who might have great technical knowledge but really not mature enough or ready to tackle human issues(in 18 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A good place to be"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Psychologist in London, England, England

I have been working at Wise full-time

Pros

Great mission, great people, lots of autonomy, lots of opportunity to play to your strengths.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment

2. "Working at TransferWise"

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in London, England, England

I have been working at Wise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, collegiate team, work ownership, great remuneration, team support, great work/ life balance.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

"Great place to unleash potential"

I have been working at Wise full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fantastic young, flexible culture to really help you develop (especially coming from a large financial organisation where I was previously) - Fast-paced, quick moving environment which keeps you on your feet with plenty to do. - Lots of opportunity to travel (within reason), which coming from an organisation which used to have travel bans, is so refreshing. - Great opportunity make an impact to actual customers. The customer is always the mission - and this focus never changes. You feel like you can actually transform a product to help customers. - Really good environment to work in. The office is great, people are super friendly and Friday lunch + drinks in London is great.

Cons

- Very young culture (perhaps if you are older - you may struggle to fit in culturally) - If you like structure, and process - this place isn't for you - No real clarity on career development. Not a deal breaker if you are new, but if you are the type of person who likes to have a long term career plan mapped out, you may struggle.

Continue reading

"great culture, meaningful work"

I have been working at Wise full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is what makes TransferWise. Great people who truly believe in the mission and a team that's enabled to execute with very few barriers (what we call autonomous teams). The business's ambition + the ability to impact give a strong sense of empowerment and the engagement levels are unmatched. Your career at TransferWise is truly what you make of it, the culture and structure within the business enable this to an extent that I have not seen elsewhere.

Cons

It can be overwhelming and chaotic at times, but what do you expect from a (very) fast growing business? There's a lack of process in some areas and your impact can be determined by your ability to understand how things get done within this environment. However this also gives a lot of flexibility/autonomy once you've figured this out.

"Software Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in London, England, England

I have been working at Wise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Workplace, great people, awesome culture. In the interview process 90% you will be interviewed by the VPs and at least one of the founders. Don't get scared, be honest, direct, simply put: be yourself. The guys here are one of the most open environments i've been. As an employee you are highly autonomous and the people you work with are just great.

Cons

- the interview process was long - the

"Time to start acting like a real company"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Wise full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great people who are passionate about the mission - lovely offices - trusted to get your job done with flexible working conditionds - freedom to get the job done

Cons

- lack of any strategy or decision making by the 'leadership' team is starting to slow us down and - benefits and pay not keeping up with rest of London - no real chance to progress at careers, all about short term delivery as the only priority.

August 7, 2018Marketing Manager

Hi thank you for your honest feedback, we're always keen to make sure our people can talk to us about opportunities for improvement and acknowledge the things that work well. Looking at your points under cons, it would be great if you felt comfortable to have a conversation with myself or one of our people ops team where we can discuss this further. It might be that we can bring clarity to things we have in place in these areas, discuss room for improvement specific to your experience or actually take tangible feedback and actions forward as needed. If you're unsure who to go to, the people team page on Confluence will help you. Best, Kate D.

7. "A great company to work for"

Current Intern - Intern in London, England, England

I have been working at Wise for less than a year

Pros

Great people, goal oriented, customer focused, free lunch on Fridays

Cons

In my opinion, not much really

8. COVID-19

"They will fire you because of your disability"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Tampa, FL

I worked at Wise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people Good office Good benefits And good location I guess

Cons

Do you have a disability? Do you need assistance? Do you need FMLA? Well then be prepared to be fired. Anyone who ever has applied for it were shortly after terminated from the company. So they WILL find any reason to get rid of you and in Florida they don't need much. They over work customer service who already basically does every other departments job. They pretend to care for transparency but hides where the money they are saving from the virus. The benefits and awesome but they have been slowly taking them away one by one. The systems you have to rely on are a nightmare to navigate. They let anyone be a manager even if they have no management experience at all. And once you are one then you are immune to any "feedback" or repercussions of any kind. The training is awful. They don't teach you any customer service skills at all and barely help anyone new. At the end of the day since COVID 19 hit they been trying to fire CS agents as much as they can. Not only to save cost but so they can give them reduced benefits and pay.

November 26, 2020People Team Lead

Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We absolutely do not encourage or tolerate discrimination, of any kind, within the organization. I would appreciate you sharing more about this particular experience in order to assist you. If you’re up for a confidential chat, please email employerbrand@transferwise.com and the team will connect us. Thanks, Russ.

"Think twice"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Support Associate in Tallinn

I have been working at Wise full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people, nice office, good opportunities to grow, great mission, okay salary

Cons

you can take a break only if you reach the required numbers otherwise there are negative consequences for you the work schedule in not flexible, you are being told when to work and what to do in which hour (email, phones, side projects), you can give preferences, but there is not guarantee that you will get them

November 24, 2020People Team Lead

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback about your experience at TransferWise so far. It sounds like you’re not having the best time and that’s something we don’t want our people to go through. Our goal is to always grow for the better and that is best done with feedback such as yours. If you feel comfortable coming forward to discuss the things you’ve highlighted, I’d be happy to chat to you confidentially or connect you with another member of the People team. Please feel free to reach out on Slack. Jihan

10. COVID-19

"Great company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist (HR Specialist) in Tallinn
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Wise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people to work with - Great company culture - Autonomous teams, which means that teams can decide what they really need to work on - Flexible working (can work from home if needed), mostly wfh during Covid - Employees are given stock options - Team lunches - Great offices - Dogs are allowed in offices - Summer Days

Cons

- Salaries are okay, but could be better, especially when comparing to other companies in the market - It's a very fast-paced company, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can get very stressful at times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews