Cover image for Wiser

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "A seemingly great culture on the surface(in 17 reviews)
  • "I've really expanded my network since joining the team and the people are all incredible!!(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great opportunities to take on clients and lead projects(in 10 reviews)
  • "Amazing team(in 10 reviews)
  • "Everyone is so friendly and wants to be your mate!(in 9 reviews)
Cons
  • "Everyone at Wiser cares extremely about their job and it is fantastic to see such passion but I felt this could possibly lead to an uneven work/life balance.(in 4 reviews)
  • "pay is a bit lower than expected(in 3 reviews)
  • "High performance culture = work the skin off your bones, work weekends, live love wiser(in 3 reviews)
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 137 of over 170 reviews

Updated 11 Nov 2023

11 Nov 2023
      Account Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wiser really does live up to the promises it makes - to combine culture, performance and change the way people think about work. I was pretty sceptical of the bold visions at first but in nearly two years, I’ve need nearly all of these goals achieved. The people here are smart (really smart) but they’re also kind, real and fun to work with. That’s pretty unique.

Cons

As with any fast growing company, you need to lean into the pace of change.

1. 2.0
        28 Oct 2023
        Former Employee, more than 1 year
        Business Outlook

Pros

The people are quite friendly and hard-working and there is a genuine community of people with good intentions. There can also be quick progression.

Cons

You're very likely to be overworked and underpaid for the work you do. Work-life balance is not a priority and unless your social life is based within Wiser, it will likely take a big hit. Complaints are often swept under the rug or vaguely addressed by the idea that people who may have these sort complaints are not Wiser or "purple" or 'high-performance' enough. The description of what makes a person Wiser/purple is problematically vague and leaves room for manipulation or pressure to overwork to fit the bill. There is also a preference to hire people who have limited working experience outside of Wiser so they are more easily moulded to the ideal Wiser employee. That is why when people arrive with more experience they often do not enjoy it or leave rather quickly. The quick progression (more of responsibilities than salary) coupled with the limited experience and murky training puts people in leadership positions prematurely.

2. Join the Wiser team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 2.0
          10 Oct 2023
          Former Employee, more than 1 year
          Business Outlook

Pros

1. Salary - Please expect to be burnt out to earn this though 2. Career Progression 3. Exposure to high profile clients

Cons

1. “Cult-like” culture. You will be hired/disregarded on your ability to be ‘moulded’. 2. They actively recruit inexperienced candidates (with little to no work experience) to inevitably exploit them in the workplace. Anyone who has worked a normal corporate job will spot the red flags within 1-3 days of working here. 3. Employment focused agency … with no HR. 4. They will use your “interview task” to propose ideas to new clients even if you’re not hired. Not the only workplace that do it, but something to note. 5. A working day will easily be 7am to 8pm. Everyone is active on Slack and Whatsapp during these times. They’ll use the term “flexible working” to replace “overworked” 6. Black/brown grad students. Do not lose or change yourself in this environment to fit in. You have value. The job market is rough I understand - but take what you can and plan your next move.

7 Jun 2023
            Talent Lead
            Business Outlook

Pros

I've had the pleasure of working with and for hundreds of companies over my time in recruitment/ talent & I can wholeheartedly say I've never seen a place like Wiser, and that naturally comes with its challenges. The real highlight of Wiser is it's people, given the variety of verticals we work across it'd be understandable if some parts felt a little secular but the quality and energy of the people who work here make it an absolute joy across the board (And I don't just mean the ones that I've interviewed 👀). I've been given the chance to throw myself in at the deep end from day one and it's led to a crazy amount of development for me both as a person and as a recruiter but at no point have I not had the support i've needed to sustain that.

Cons

The crumpets always get cleared out before I get to the office on a Wednesday... All sarcasm aside, Wiser prides itself on being a high-performance environment which does mean that you'll probably have a very different story to tell your uni mates on a Friday at the pub when they ask how your weeks been. Some weeks it will be 'We had a load of reindeer outside the office that we got to feed' or 'I was in Barcelona for a project kick off with *insert big name brand here*' and sometimes it will be 'I had a last-minute dash to put together a deck for a pitch so that's why I'm so late to the pub'. If you're open to taking the *occasional* rough with the smooth then there is no better place to hone your craft, develop yourself and find yourself inspired by amazing, people every single day.

10 Nov 2023
              Account Leader
              Current Employee, less than 1 year
              Business Outlook

Pros

- So many learning opportunities, get thrown into projects early doors and get given lots of responsibility. - Flat structure with lots of access to senior people. - Great culture! Fab office vibes, great people to work with & learn from, encouraged to grow & learn. - Great office, the tropical rainforest for quiet working is a vibe, Wiser breakfasts every morning to keep us fed & watered, smoothies throughout the week.. all these little things really make a difference.

Cons

- Very fast-paced, can be a pro & a con, some people love this!

8 Sept 2023
                Project Manager
                Former Employee
                Business Outlook

Pros

- Such a good place to start your career, It's definitely not the easy option but if you can do well at Wiser, any job afterwards will feel easy in comparison! - So many lovely people - my team culture was amazing, felt like I had a group of best friends and that made the stressful moments fun - Cool clients and interesting projects to work on - Office energy is so good. Music, dogs, a lot of snacks and nice people. This is the bit I miss the most, not many other offices are like this

Cons

It can be really full-on, a lot of deadlines, more responsibility than I expected for my level. Definitely not a 9-5 vibe - if you're the type of person who wants a 9-5 you'll fall behind here

30 Aug 2023
                  Senior Project Manager
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Coming straight from uni onto the Becoming Wiser programme was the best career decision I could have made, as it encouraged me to shake off the uni lifestyle and think about what I want from my future. It's hard to coast when you're surrounded by ambitious high performers and have direct access to learn from the leadership team and their network. From day one I was trusted to organise our teams internally and deliver quality creative work. In little over two years, I've now managed projects for over 20 big-brand clients. It's truly exposure you wouldn't get in another graduate role and to do it alongside people I happily spend my weekends with is a real treat.

Cons

If you want a job that you don't care about then it isn't the place for you.

4 Jun 2023
                    Current Employee, more than 3 years
                    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Wiser from a corporate job, it was definitely a big step change and after a few weeks felt like I'd never really experienced my limits before. Looking back on it, it was a whirlwind couple of years and I progressed faster than at any point in my career. The culture at Wiser is all about reaching your potential and bringing up the people around you. Company politics can still be present (even though the leaders say there isn't) but it's the least political work environment I've ever been in. Working under a management team that push themselves harder than the people around them always inspiring but there is no where to hide. The vibes and energy that you get when spending any time with them is infectious. The reality is, if you're willing to put a shift in - you'll change for the better and progress fast. If you're not up for that or not capable, it can be really tough.

Cons

When you're part of something incredible, when you're inside looking out, you feel incredibly proud. As soon as you're not a part of it, you want to hate it from the outside looking in. That would be my summary of what I'm reading on this Glassdoor page...read into that what you will!!

1. 1.0
                      22 Mar 2023
                      Early Talent
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits & some forward thinking mentality

Cons

Destructive! I truly was traumatised from my experience at wiser. It completely destroyed my confidence and most importantly my mental health. There is a real lack of maturity in processes, management and neuro diversity. Unless you’re like a ‘Wiser’ original or in the clique you’re shunned, intimidated and disrespected. Steam rolled, ignored or just outright made to feel stupid when offering input (even colleagues and myself who have a lot of experience or value to be able to add) I have a huge amount of experience, work extremely hard and am proud for my expertise and management ability which is recognised anywhere I have worked and quickly picked straight back up once in a new role. Outside of its internal culture, clients should be wary, behind the scenes your work is managed poorly, rushed and I truly think risk a car crash situation at some point. People in very senior jobs with senior titles managing large brands with very little experience. Check LinkedIn pages for people managing your work. Gaslighting is upsetting, it was toxic and it was the worst decision I’ve ever made in my career. They hide a lot of the negative with cringe outwardly facing ‘benefits’ and the true picture is people working with zero structure, knowledge or work life balance.

28 Jun 2023
                        Happiness Executive
                        Current Employee, less than 1 year
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Wiser is one of a kind, but an incredible place that I’m proud to be a part of. The people, energy, vibes are exactly what I was looking for in my next role. The quality of work, and being around people who push themselves to be the best has only ever encouraged me to want to be at the top of my game and management have supported my journey every step of the way. The no shame culture makes me feel safe to share ideas, ask questions and live by our be real value. Some days definitely feel like a challenge when you’re moving at 100mph, but it’s all part of learning and progressing. I’ve always felt valued for the work I do and wins big and small are celebrated. My team and management have supported me when things get tough in and outside of work. My Wiser journey has only just started but I’m exited for a future here.

Cons

It’s a high performance environment which comes with highs and lows. You need to be prepared to work hard

Viewing 1 - 10 of 137 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Wiser Reviews FAQs

Wiser has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 170 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Wiser to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Wiser employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Wiser. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

79% of Wiser employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wiser 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Wiser Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Analytical Chemist

Do you experience that how long the hiring process would take at Thermo Fisher? I got my second interview with hiring manager at the beginning of November but I haven’t heard nothing from them. When I’ve emailed them to check in they just said that the process would be slow, no time frame. I would be able to get an offer soon from other company but work as contractor. Should I wait for Thermo Fisher?

8 Comments

KPMG

Booz Allen Hamilton Recently applied and I've been referred for an interview! Any tips on interviewing with Booz Allen? And if I am being asked to complete clearance and background upfront, is this a good indicator for being hired?

3 Comments

Alex L.

Applied for a job a few weeks back, got a call from HR yesterday morning about an interview next week. She mentioned she'd shoot me an email with all the interview details, but so far, my inbox is empty. Assuming I'll hear from her early next week, is it normal for them to expect me to show up for an in-person interview on short notice, like couple days?

3 Comments

Glassdoor has 170 Wiser reviews submitted anonymously by Wiser employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Wiser is right for you.