Wolseley Canada Inc. Reviews

Found 91 of over 104 reviews

3.3
Wolseley Canada Inc. President Sébastien Laforge
Sébastien Laforge
Pros
  • "team working, a great place to learn(in 6 reviews)

• "Great work environment overall, Very friendly helpful team with the opportunities to constantly learn new things(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Repetitive work, lack of communication(in 2 reviews)

• "The Leadership Team lacks vision and ability to build or execute a strategy(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting work and progressive company

Nov 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management cares about the employees and so many opportunities exist for career advancement.

Cons

Sometimes there's a lot on the go so the pace is fast but never a dull moment either.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0

Great place to work!

Nov 22, 2021 - Director in Burlington, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The company is winning in the marketplace - Great employee benefits (lots of improvement over the last few years) - The company is big on collaboration at all levels - Totally different company than it was a year or two ago thanks to new leadership across the board and a lot of positive enhancements.

Cons

Because the company is growing rapidly there are always a lot of projects on the go. It can be hard to keep up.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great People

Nov 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, great team work and positive changes

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say. I’ve had a great experience with my manager and the company

Wolseley Canada Inc. Response

Thanks for sharing this honest review, and for choosing to grow your career at Wolseley!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Nov 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Place to Work!! Moving in the right direction with employee engagement and recognitions.

Cons

Salaries need to be reviewed, lower then industry norms

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, great place to learn

Nov 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the recruitment process, through onboarding, starting at Wolseley has been a great experience. Colleagues have been eager to help me learn, answer questions and are very receptive to new ideas. Leadership is very responsive to employee feedback.

Cons

The company is growing quickly - good news...but some growing pains around processes. This is only a sign of good things to come.

Wolseley Canada Inc. Response

Thanks for sharing this review. Wolseley is growing, and we are hoping to grow our team as well!

6. 3.0

Its OK

Oct 22, 2021 - Warehouse Associate in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chilled out but don't have any future prospects

Cons

Usual big company politics stops any growth

Wolseley Canada Inc. Response

Thanks for sharing this review. We’re making positive investments so associates can grow their careers here and promote from within whenever possible. In the last year alone, we’ve seen more than 400 internal promotions. We encourage you to speak to your leader about growth within Wolseley, including future development opportunities

7. 2.0

Feels like us vs. them

Sep 23, 2021 - Counter Associate in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big company so lots of locations to work from. I love working with customers and feeling like I'm really getting to know what they need and be a good partner to them. Lots of SKUs so never run out of recommendations to make.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like HQ in Burlington doesnt care or understand what happens in branches. They seem out of touch with the decisions they make and how those decisions actually play out for us who interact with customers every day and have to deal with the blow back.

1 person found this review helpful

Wolseley Canada Inc. Response

Thanks for sharing this honest review. We really value associates who make customer service a priority. We’ve recently introduced Wolseley Connectors, a group of individuals from the branches, DCs and offices who will share feedback with leadership to ensure all perspectives are considered for new initiatives and programs. We’re looking forward to hearing more from the field.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok but disorganized

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ok pay, upper management is understanding of work/life balance

Cons

Completely disorganized internally - obligated to cover $80/month for Ltd insurance.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Has gone very down hill

Oct 3, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in Burlington, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Used to be good Decent salary

Cons

Extreme discrimination Lack of good management to say the least

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Aug 11, 2021 - Showroom Consultant in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Comprehensive benefits and stock options available - Job security - Training and certification offered if requested in my experience

Cons

- Performance reviews and raises are not given on a regular basis, you will have to be persistent in order to secure either.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 91 Reviews