Workday Employee Reviews about "great culture"

Updated 19 Jan 2021

Found 147 of over 2K reviews

4.2
Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri
1,299 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great culture with industry leading technology stack(in 147 reviews)

• "great company with good benefits & culture(in 76 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Developers use a proprietary language(in 48 reviews)

• "Compensation is obviously not as great as other top companies but for living in Pleasanton, I think it’s definitely great(in 43 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great culture"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Amazing

23 Oct 2020 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People & Customers first, great culture

Cons

I can't think of any

2. 4.0

Workday

15 Nov 2019 - Senior Associate Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and perks. Flexible working. Strong company values. Office snack programme. Travel opportunities.

Cons

Pay is lower than market average offered by partners.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sales

18 Aug 2018 - Sales in Richmond, London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great focus on customer satisfaction, not just lip service - company bends over backwards for the employees with great culture, continuous dialogue, mentoring, free snack programme - the executives are some of the nicest bunch I’ve ever worked for - always have time for you - genuinely focus on employee satisfaction

Cons

- we all work VERY hard - but that’s to expect I guess - as we are growing, there is increasing focus on more sales more focus more customer sat more more more more.... but that’s to be expected of course!

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Regional Sales Manager

3 Jun 2015 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive culture, great products, great people rewards can be high.

Cons

We are challengers in the market, displacing long term political relationships.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Growth Challenges

8 Sep 2020 - Senior Manager in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great product, great benefits, great culture... I mean enough can't be said about how great the company is, especially as it relates to it's people

Cons

I've noticed this as of late, that a lot of the original folks that help make this company great, are now leaving. While interacting with these individuals, it relates to a similar experience I had. Now, the company would rather hire externally than provide individuals who have been at the company with an opportunity to take on a new role. Years ago, people didn't look at your years of experience but rather what you were doing at the moment and whether you can deliver value in an area we needed to focus on. That has changed... It seems like to grow, you have to be coming from the outside. Folks that have been here for a while don't seem to receive the same type of respect they used to give or take the same amount of risk or believing in someone. I really hope this can be fixed because Workday is a great place to work but the people who helped get it there should not be forgotten.

19 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with a lot of growing pains

23 Aug 2020 - Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that treat employee very well at the company level. Leadership is very sincere in nurturing a great culture. There is a culture of innovation. You work with the nicest people in the company in general. The product we offer are top rate and you can feel proud to show it off to anyone. Higher level managers I had were very kind and were sincerely nice. Unlimited time-off was great and usually easy to request when reasonable and does not interfere with work. There is a fun pets at work culture. In general I felt the sincerity of the organization to be an outstanding company, but actions of a few managers can vary.

Cons

Pay is at the low side compared to other companies. Middle manager I had was domineering. When I left, there seems to be an addiction to adding more processes and procedures that overly complicates simple things. Recent managers are unnecessarily micro managing trivial things. There are groups I worked with that were visibly political and catty. Favoritism was very evident towards some employee who were very good at sucking up. It was becoming bureaucratic by the time I left. Managers were instructed to have a formal meeting with employees every week, taking valuable time away from productive work. I experienced the usual office politics of people attacking behind my back which I will end up hearing later on from a manager.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great Employer, Not Super Exciting Industry

6 Jan 2021 - Senior Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Lots of perks -Good work/life balance -Great culture - precovid -Proved to be covid-proof

Cons

-Pay isn't as competitive as other tech companies -HR / Finance software industry isn't super exciting -Culture faltered during covid

8. 5.0

Great Company

19 Jan 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture with industry leading technology stack!

Cons

Large growth over the past few years makes it feel more like a large corporation

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for out of college!

14 Jan 2021 - Applications Developer in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great teams. Highly recommend Workday for new grads or parents.

Cons

Easily to become complaisant in current role.

10. 5.0

Good workplace

19 Jan 2021 - Corporate Sales Development Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and fun to work at.

Cons

Hard to negotiate salary increases. Comp is a nightmare to work with.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 147 Reviews