Workday Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 25 Feb 2020

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri
Pros
  • "Great culture of caring management(in 124 reviews)

• "It's a great company with great employees that is on a track to success(in 66 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Still best employer ever"

5.0

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great company culture - People collaborate positively - Best solution/product - Fun combined with hard work

Cons

Work-Life-Balance New people managers who don’t understand core values

Workday2020-02-25
  2. "Great people, bad work life balance"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Amazing people to work with. Great opportunities for training.

Cons

Really bad work life balance.

Workday2019-11-15

"Culture fading with growth"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Engagement Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Used to value work/life balance

Cons

Work/Life balance has been negated by growth outpacing staffing

Workday2019-09-26

"Possibly a good place to start your career??"

1.0
    Former Employee - Director
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great benefits - Competitive salaries - For people just starting their careers, might be a good stepping stone - Great snacks!

Cons

- In general, weak, inexperienced management - lots of favoritism - Product challenges are creating an internal pressure cooker-type environment - Zero work-life balance

Workday2019-10-23

"Could Be a Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Genuinely some amazing people Great place for graduates to get on the ladder Shares are a great investment plan Good benefits Ok Salary Internal mobility to get away from the proprietary language Agile coaches to advance teams

Cons

Ruinous middle management in some teams. Policy of 'owning your own career' while well intended at the top, is get out of jail free card for middle management to not do their job. While there are some amazing people, rapid growth led to the original culture becoming diluted. Poor work / life balance. Proprietary language limits external career opportunities. Incidents of bullying and bad managerial conduct are not dealt with.

Workday2019-05-22

"Great place to work - no kidding!"

5.0

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm encouraged every day to do what I love to do with all the creativity and skills that I possess.

Cons

This is a very competitive workplace. You have to be the absolute cream of the crop to advance. That sometimes leads to work/life balance conflicts.

Workday2019-05-20

"It's a big company."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of benefits and perks available.

Cons

Work life balance varies significantly by org.

Workday2019-03-28

"It is a Great Place to Work - Not So Much if You're a Recruiter"

2.0
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is truly a great place to work *with exceptions. Benefits Stock C-Level Leadership

Cons

The TA Team consistently exceeds its goals, quarter after quarter & year after year. The pace is daunting and more importantly, relentless - quarter after quarter & year after year. Fluidity is part of any organization, especially within an org with constant growth, however the Top of TA sets unrealistic and ever changing expectations with no regard for the how much the team has achieved. There is a line between being consistently very busy and consistently overwhelmed. As as a whole the team enjoys and even welcomes being challenged. Little regard for work life balance. If you have ever had a friend who had a parent that was never satisfied, even if your friend brought home the 1st place trophy. It is very much like that! A former manager once stated “(the leader) is looking for reasons to not pay out bonuses”. When the team smashes yearly numbers and a C-Level has to remind the SV-Level to congratulate the team, there is an issue. It is certainly not a morale booster.

Workday2019-03-06

Workday Response

March 15, 2019Workday Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We value it and will keep this in mind. We strive to approach recruiting in a different, and innovative, way, and value our employees’ efforts to make this happen. We’re sorry to hear that you don’t feel recognized for your hard work and will work to improve this. If you feel comfortable sharing any additional feedback with us confidentially, please feel free to reach out via employee.feedback@workday.com.

"Very disappointed after many years of service"

1.0

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Top Management looks for innovative ways of employee engagement Overall the organization encourages employee flexibility and flexible pto options and believes in work life balance

Cons

Work-Life balance Individual departments do not buy into the overall organization policies. You are constantly questioned if you come in beyond 9am (like at 9:05). There is no empathy for working women or men who have kids. You are questioned if you take morning calls from home or work from home because you had had a extremely busy day with a lot of meetings and did’nt find time to commute to work. Processes Our department specifically, management hands over work to individuals at the very last minute when they don’t want do that kind of work. Everyone in the team is afraid to talk to top management. Processes are put in place to slow us down rather than to enable us. And these processes are not followed by management and they constantly override it. Career Enablement You are constantly compared to your peers who have more experience and told that you are not performing to a peer who has way more experience than you. We are supposed to have a career enablement model, how is comparing self to peer a career enablement model?

Workday2019-02-13
  10. "-"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Good culture and friendly employees

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging

Workday2018-12-09