Working Solutions Employee Reviews about "hours available"

Updated Mar 5, 2020

Found 23 of over 753 reviews

3.9
Working Solutions Chief Executive Kim Houlne
Kim Houlne
Pros
  • "This is by far the best Work from Home Company I have Contracted for in my 13 years of Working From Home(in 146 reviews)

• "I have worked for a lot of WAH organizations but have never felt as valued as I do by WSOL(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Additionally, hours available is very inconsistent, it could be 10(in 23 reviews)

• "1099, no benefits, nothing else(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "hours available"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very Positive Place to Work

Mar 5, 2020 - Customer Service in Covington, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful training and management works hard to keep agents informed about meeting goals , a lot of feedback on performance which I always find helpful.

Cons

Scheduling is a bit of a nightmare, it is a mad dash to scoop up hours. Additionally, hours available is very inconsistent, it could be 10 hours available one week and then the next may be 30 hours. It is hard to count on a consistent number of hours per week on a regular basis.

11 people found this review helpful

CMO

Thank you for your review and feedback. During this time the hours to support business could be very inconsistent. We hope we all see improvement in this area going forward. Hopefully, you like all the features in the new scheduler that has just been released.

2. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great except for scheduling

May 13, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the flexibility of working from home. I'm also disabled so I'm only able to work part time hours, however that is perfect for me. Don't depend on this as your main source of income! Everyone is friendly enough and very helpful and usually pretty responsive to emails.

Cons

If I had to name a con, it would be the scheduling. You pretty much have to pounce on the scheduler the minute it drops to get your desired hours. Then they add another "wave" or class on top of that without increasing available hours on the scheduler and if you wait longer than 30 minutes to schedule, you're basically going to get the leftovers. It has been this way with 2 out of 3 projects I have worked on now and it's frustrating. Nobody should have to fight over hours.

3 people found this review helpful

CMO

Thank you for your feedback and review. As you are probably aware because we are an "on-demand" company we can only post the hours our clients need...so, unfortunately, we cannot increase them if that is not what they need. Sometimes there are more hours than any agent can handle and sometimes there are less.

3. 1.0
      Former Contractor, more than 10 years

Apply some where else unless you just don't need the hours and money

Apr 16, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Work at Home * IF you can get hours, then you get to work the hours you need

Cons

I've worked with WSOL for a number of years. I recently left due to 1. I had seen where seniors had sued APFM for violation of telephone FCC laws on two separate years back to back. You can use a search engine and find these lawsuits and then see how they used a loop hole to get around the FCC laws. I disagree with any company or client that uses shady business practices on the elderly. 2, Second program I worked was Datalot and it's not much better with cold calling people all day long to get them to buy some kind of insurance. I got many calls where the customer had received multiple free quotes and didn't want a quote from Allstate or State Farm because they already got one! Well the system routed me right back to State Farm or Allstate when I had already rejected those two. I felt that was really unprofessionally handled on our end. When pointing this out to resources in chat, they didn't have an answer for us. 3. Also the metric goal got moved around on Datalot, thanks to the program manager, and it really effected everyone's pay in one way or another. 4. Datalot program has turned into a sweat shop. They keep hiring new waves of people and then give them poor training and throw on them on the phones. 5. They changed the scheduler and didn't resolve some issues we had asked about. Such as being able to print our schedules OR if the scheduler goes down all the time, how are we to schedule our hours?! 6. Originally we had direct deposit into our bank accounts. Now they forced us to use e-wallet and when I mentioned some of the issues I was seeing with e-wallet, I got verbally attacked on the chatter by another contractor?!? Why would you be attacking a coworker who is trying to get things resolved?? It's one thing if Working Solutions isn't professional enough to answer our questions, but another coworker verbally attacking you is really low down dirty shame in the work in the place. 7. Hours/Scheduling - they drop hours on both the programs I had worked with. 15hrs on Datalot and we're all fighting right at 10:30am on Thursday morning to grab time! APFM wasn't much better they'd drop us to 18hrs and we'd all be fighting to grab time. Also you hire a new wave of people then drop our hours to 15 hours a week! That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. When you hire, you should make sure we have more hours available when they start, so we're not all fighting for the times we need. 8. Training on PERSONAL TIME. Alright, this right here is a deal breaker and it's why I put it last. You never ask someone to do "work" OUTSIDE of being paid. If you are going to force mandatory training, then we are trading our time for pay. It's that simple. APFM and Datalot are both doing this currently. If I have to sit in WSU and learn new material then I have to use my personal time to do so. And since I'm not just working for WSOL, that means I gotta find time in my day to get that mandatory training done and NOT get paid for it.

6 people found this review helpful

CMO

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience working with us. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I would appreciate if you could remove our client names. If you do not I would have to flag your review for removal since we cannot discuss who our clients are without their permission.

4. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

UGH. What a disappointment

Apr 16, 2019 - Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

The first month seemed good. But then I learned that's the bait month where they allow you to get all the hours you want. It's all downhill from there.

Cons

Few hours made available once you're there a couple months and you MUST take whatever few hours are still available regardless of the time of night or day. The handful of hours you have to take will be peppered throughout the day and night. Being forced to either work other programs or they will make very few hours available to you This company is a big game player. Find other work Rude, threatening emails

4 people found this review helpful

CMO

Well, it sounds like you had a disappointing time working with us. Good luck with whomever you end up working for.

5. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Fantastic Opportunity, minor gripes.

Dec 12, 2017 - Contractor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

LOVE the flexibility. As long as you can grab the shifts (each shift is a minimum of 15 min but can be as long as you want, in 15 min increments [15,30,45,60]), you can work when you please, and spread your time around the way you want. If the schedule doesn’t have the shifts you want, you can check the bulletin board to see if someone is giving away their hours. Once you commit to shifts, you have to work them, but you can give your time away on the blackboard up to 1hr before your shift starts with absolutely no consequence. Everyone is nice and helpful too. We’re required to be in a chat room while we are working. This is for asking for help and even if we need encouragement. Great people are there to help and they don’t make you feel bad for needing help either.

Cons

My biggest con, I guess more of a “hmmm” is the fact the there is no nights/weekends extra pay. There may be a few contracts that offer extra pay on weekends, but I haven’t seen any yet. Every once in a while extra incentives are offered for a few hours or a weekend, but nothing regularly to encourage more people to work undesirable hours. There are ALL KINDS of available hours on the weekends and later at night. Even if there are no more hours on the schedule at night or certain times on the weekend, some people will almost always give their time away on the bulletin board. It’s sometimes sad to see how many available time slots there are, yet no extra pay to people willing to work them. Another annoyance is the lack of desirable hours. It’s like watching piranhas go after raw meat when hours hour released. I mean, the hours go FAST. Sometimes you can get stuck with undesirable hours.

5 people found this review helpful

CMO

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We continually monitor our programs and work with our clients to provide the best compensation we can...might be base, incentives, bonuses...but please know we hear you!

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

This Job Will Keep You Poor

Jul 28, 2017 - Travel Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Nice training group Work from home

Cons

Low wage. Remember that you have to pay your own taxes too. High upfront investment. Very few hours available. Management does not respond to emails. Expect to receive emails daily nagging you about handle time, customer satisfaction, and more. Process to bid for hours is ridiculous.

25 people found this review helpful

CMO

If you are still working with us and have the same issues please email me at grigler@workingsol.com

7. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Great Place to Work!

Jun 1, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with WSOL for 3 years and love it. This work environment really helps you create good work-life balance. Work from Home, Flexibility of scheduling, knowledgeable Tech Support, Good Team

Cons

Income amount is not always dependable. Contracts can be altered during your service which can drastically alter your pay without much notice. My pay dropped $3 dollars an hour at one contract update which can be rough for those who depend upon a set amount of income. Also on any given program the available hours can vary widely. Most contracts require a minimum commitment of 20 hours a week but that does not mean you will actually get to work 20 hours a week. The weekly required hours have varied from 15 to 35 throughout this contract.

Be the first to find this review helpful

CMO

Thank you for your feedback and review. It certainly sounds like you understand the changing nature of the business. It is unusual to have that kind of pay change so would be interested to know which program that was on. If you would like please send me an email at: grigler@workingsol.com

8. 1.0
      Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Would not recommend to anyone

Dec 21, 2016 - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are able to work from home

Cons

Let me start by saying that I am very well educated and have a college degree and am appalled by the way this company treats their independent contractors. The Project Manager's, Assistant Project Managers and Agent Success Managers' could care less about anyone underneath them and will do anything they can to make themselves look good at the detriment of their agents'. I heard excellent things about this company and was absolutely thrilled when I was hired by them. Training was very stressful and many people in our class dropped out, but I figured that was par for the course. Once we got on the project, I realized how completely unprepared we had been. It was extremely chaotic. There was no help from the trainers' or upper management. I was dropped from the project with no notice whatsoever when I questioned how my metrics were being calculated because they were completely off from what accurate. There is absolutely no job security whatsoever with this company. They literally can fire you while you are taking calls during a shift and don't think twice about doing so. Scheduling is a joke. They stress about scheduling 20 hours per week on projects, but once you're started on the project, there are very few hours available. When you are depending on a paycheck, that can be extremely stressful. The projects that are offered are sketchy at best.

3 people found this review helpful

CMO

I am certainly surprised by many of your comments and they don't sound at all like the company I work with and know well. I would be happy to discuss further with you if you would like. I can be reached at grigler@workingsol.com

9. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Great legit work at home company

Jul 6, 2016 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best work at home company ever! The training is spot on, the co-workers are knowledgeable and the resources available are the best in town. Working from home allowed me to continue to care for my ailing father and homeschool my teenage son. I am so happy to work for Working Solutions. They offer different projects and the training and support to be successful.

Cons

The hours available to work each week are non consistent. It is great for a part time extra money type job but not to replace a full time job with benefits. Because the hours available change each week, it is hard to make as much as I need to support my family.

2 people found this review helpful

CMO

Thank you so much for your comments and review...we really appreciate it. We do understand that there is inconsistency in hours week to week; that is the nature of our client's business. Thanks for realizing that and giving 100%.

10. 3.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Treat your veteran agents with more respect

Jan 5, 2016 - Independent Contractor in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, great support from education team and management. Friendly staff and co-workers. Company is great about giving positive feedback and kudos where deserved. You have the ability to apply for more than one project.

Cons

On the ticketing project, specifically, one little group of brand new agents, who are only trained for one small portion of the business, are being given unlimited hours. That's great...for them. The veteran agents, who are fully trained across all business lines are now limited to 10 hours for one thing and 10 for another. That is such a slap in the face to the tenured, loyal agents. The newest members of the team should NOT be able to take the bulk of the available hours and leave us with the scraps.

1 person found this review helpful

CMO

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are reviewing the communications that went out to agents, we might have been able to do a better job on explaining why certain things were done. Our veteran agents now should be able to pick up the hours they want. We really do respect our agents and appreciate what you do for us and our clients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews