Workplace Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Aug 2016

4.6
Workplace Systems CEO David Farquhar
David Farquhar
Pros
  • "The benefits are unbeatable and the work/life balance is unreal(in 10 reviews)

• "The best part of working at Workplace is the senior management team(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "It does have some legacy technical debt(in 7 reviews)

• "I have yet to find too many cons, it is hard work and there is a pressure that comes from a strong need to play your part and support your peers(in 4 reviews)

"Best Employer of my Career"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely the best working environment I've ever had the good fortune to find myself in. A fantastic culture, a world class product team, great and trusting management who Actually Get It, motivated and passionate coworkers. I can't see myself moving on for a good long time, which in this industry is about the most glowing review I could give! After years of mediocre jobs, this has been the absolute jewel in my... career. And, surprise surprise given all this, I've never worked harder for a company.

Cons

If I was pressed I'd say the lack of hierarchy means career progression opportunities in a traditional sense are limited, but given the recent takeover this seems likely to change anyway. No complaints - professional development IS on offer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. We have faith in you, and we appreciate the latitude you give us to do our best work. Very refreshing to be able to critique a management team and reach that conclusion.

Workplace Systems2016-08-24
  2. "A great place to work"

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Workplace is a great place to work. Now I'm not saying that everything the Company does is perfect (there are always things for every Company to work on), but its the one place I've worked that tries to do everything the right way, putting its employees first to ensure they get the best out of them. When I first arrived, I was totally unprepared for all the 'Good Ship Workplace' vernacular and actual team spirit... that I'd arrived into.....it was not something I'd ever experienced......and once you get over the shock of working for a Company that actually lives by its core values (not just has them printed on a wall somewhere and ignored) you soon start to embrace it and love it. Workplace's collaborative team mentality is amazing to work within, and new ideas are encouraged, listened to and implemented. This kind of atmosphere encourages an awful lot of hard work because everyone wants to do their best in return.

Cons

Too minor to raise on here

Advice to Management

Just keep on doing what you're doing. You've created the best environment to work in and achieve great things.

Workplace Systems2016-08-02
  3. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Software & Customer Support Analyst in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at Workplace Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice place to begin your career

Cons

salary may not be great for a start

Advice to Management

do what they promise

Workplace Systems2016-07-26
  4. "Awesome team, awesome company"

Senior Software Engineer in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Workplace Systems for less than a year

Pros

It's hard, but hard in the right way. The team is fantastic and the culture is wonderfully nurturing. The work is tough but the ambition and drive for quality is awesome. The shared sense of care for the work we do transcends all levels of the company and they've created a wonderful environment where people can be successful.

Cons

The roof currently leaks and engineers would really benefit from higher resolution external screens. Engineers are battling with a lot of legacy code but in reality, who isn't? There's also a great drive to make it better rather than just living with it.

Advice to Management

Since the merger, another 'Gathering' would be great. Also, engineers would really benefit from having bigger, higher-res screens.

Workplace Systems2016-07-08

"Great team, great culture, great company!!"

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time

Pros

At the companies I've worked previous to Workplace I've thought about leaving after 2 weeks as the role/culture wasn't as described or the company didn't feel like the right fit, so before joining Workplace there was a little trepidation in terms of will it be as they say it is? Since joining Workplace I'm very happy to say that I haven't had those feelings, everything is as described during the interview process... and Workplace feels like the company I've been looking for. From the minute you walk into the building you can feel/see a completely different culture to any where you may have worked before. What I enjoy most about working here is the openness to change and being able to bring new ideas to the table without being told "Well we've always done it that way, so why change?!". Workplace is a fast paced company and during my time here I have been consistently challenged and enjoyed being to able rise to that challenge. Since joining the company I have been able to improve my Agile knowledge, extend my management skill set, work with a great team and learned that my career path doesn't have to be one dimensional.

Cons

No kitchen roll in the thirdspace

Workplace Systems2016-06-01

"Great products, great company"

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time

Pros

There's nothing better than working in an environment where everyone believes in the products that we have created. Everyone at Workplace is constantly striving for further innovation and ways to make the products we sell better for our current and prospective customers. Additionally, Workplace employees enjoy flexibility and a good work-life balance.

Cons

There is space for improvement on some of the additional work benefits but, I believe, this is something which is being looked at and there have been improvements in the last few months, i.e. flexibile benefits portal, Cycle to Work schemes etc.

Workplace Systems2016-06-01
  7. "Software developer"

I have been working at Workplace Systems

Pros

They have computers and allow you to write software that works really well if you write it correctly with the correct syntax and no bugs.

Cons

You can be told off if you stop working or if you stop going into work without a valid reason that you can get away with.

Workplace Systems2016-04-20

"Amazing atmosphere"

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is amazing, the place is full of excellent people who enjoy working and having fun together. This is also an organisation that truly embrace agile methodologies, starting from engineering to all across professional services. People at Workplace thrive to get better at what they do and how they do it together.

Cons

Continuous success in bringing in more sales, acquiring new customers or upselling to existing ones result in extra pressure all across the business due to technical debt and legacy issues on the technical front.

Workplace Systems2016-04-07

"Brilliant Place to Work"

in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Workplace Systems

Pros

Having been a part of Workplace for over a year now, I can honestly say, time has flown by. The interaction and support between the execs, management, departments and global offices reflects a true collaborate working team atmosphere. It's a breath of fresh air to work for a company that truly cares for both their employees and customers.

Cons

I don't feel that there are any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Workplace Systems2015-11-30

"Still having the time of my life..."

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The good ship Workplace has become a remarkable place where talented people do extraordinary things. We're challenged to dream big and then deliver. Then there will be another thing; so be ready. Great fun for those with a paddle who know how and love to use it.

Cons

It's not for the faint hearted. If you crave a regular, predictable, unchanging and unchallenging job then this is not the place for you.

Workplace Systems2015-11-23