Workplace Systems Reviews

Found 90 of over 92 reviews

4.6
Workplace Systems CEO David Farquhar
David Farquhar
Pros
  • "The benefits are unbeatable and the work/life balance is unreal(in 10 reviews)

• "The best part of working at Workplace is the senior management team(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It does have some legacy technical debt(in 7 reviews)

• "I have yet to find too many cons, it is hard work and there is a pressure that comes from a strong need to play your part and support your peers(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

219 Comments

Tech

82.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Workplace Systems~12294
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The company you can learn a lot from

May 22, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Managing changes in a good pace in a safe environment.

Cons

Some more benefits would have made the company more attractive for employees.

2. 5.0

Best Employer of my Career

Aug 24, 2016 - Software Test Engineer in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely the best working environment I've ever had the good fortune to find myself in. A fantastic culture, a world class product team, great and trusting management who Actually Get It, motivated and passionate coworkers. I can't see myself moving on for a good long time, which in this industry is about the most glowing review I could give! After years of mediocre jobs, this has been the absolute jewel in my career. And, surprise surprise given all this, I've never worked harder for a company.

Cons

If I was pressed I'd say the lack of hierarchy means career progression opportunities in a traditional sense are limited, but given the recent takeover this seems likely to change anyway. No complaints - professional development IS on offer.

2 people found this review helpful

Group CEO

Thanks for such a heartening review! I really holpe you get the opportunities you deserve under the new regime. - David

3. 5.0

A great place to work

Aug 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Workplace is a great place to work. Now I'm not saying that everything the Company does is perfect (there are always things for every Company to work on), but its the one place I've worked that tries to do everything the right way, putting its employees first to ensure they get the best out of them. When I first arrived, I was totally unprepared for all the 'Good Ship Workplace' vernacular and actual team spirit that I'd arrived into.....it was not something I'd ever experienced......and once you get over the shock of working for a Company that actually lives by its core values (not just has them printed on a wall somewhere and ignored) you soon start to embrace it and love it. Workplace's collaborative team mentality is amazing to work within, and new ideas are encouraged, listened to and implemented. This kind of atmosphere encourages an awful lot of hard work because everyone wants to do their best in return.

Cons

Too minor to raise on here

Group CEO

This is so encouraging and really kind of you to say so. Although you can follow your own belief system you never really know whether you are haing the desired effect. Your coments made me smile today. - David

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place to work

Jul 26, 2016 - Software & Customer Support Analyst in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to begin your career

Cons

salary may not be great for a start

Group CEO

We always strive to deliver on our promises as I believe the other reviews reflect. It would have been god to have the chance to discuss any concerns before you left but thanjks anyway. - David

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome team, awesome company

Jul 8, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's hard, but hard in the right way. The team is fantastic and the culture is wonderfully nurturing. The work is tough but the ambition and drive for quality is awesome. The shared sense of care for the work we do transcends all levels of the company and they've created a wonderful environment where people can be successful.

Cons

The roof currently leaks and engineers would really benefit from higher resolution external screens. Engineers are battling with a lot of legacy code but in reality, who isn't? There's also a great drive to make it better rather than just living with it.

Group CEO

Thanks for the feedback: you've clearly fully imbibed what we're trying to achieve. I have passed your request for high res screens on to Dale, Ronan and Angela. - David

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great team, great culture, great company!!

Jun 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

At the companies I've worked previous to Workplace I've thought about leaving after 2 weeks as the role/culture wasn't as described or the company didn't feel like the right fit, so before joining Workplace there was a little trepidation in terms of will it be as they say it is? Since joining Workplace I'm very happy to say that I haven't had those feelings, everything is as described during the interview process and Workplace feels like the company I've been looking for. From the minute you walk into the building you can feel/see a completely different culture to any where you may have worked before. What I enjoy most about working here is the openness to change and being able to bring new ideas to the table without being told "Well we've always done it that way, so why change?!". Workplace is a fast paced company and during my time here I have been consistently challenged and enjoyed being to able rise to that challenge. Since joining the company I have been able to improve my Agile knowledge, extend my management skill set, work with a great team and learned that my career path doesn't have to be one dimensional.

Cons

No kitchen roll in the thirdspace

Group CEO

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am delighted that we have lived up to the expectations set at interview. Oh, and I'll mention the kitchen roll to Dale... David

7. 5.0

Great products, great company

Jun 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's nothing better than working in an environment where everyone believes in the products that we have created. Everyone at Workplace is constantly striving for further innovation and ways to make the products we sell better for our current and prospective customers. Additionally, Workplace employees enjoy flexibility and a good work-life balance.

Cons

There is space for improvement on some of the additional work benefits but, I believe, this is something which is being looked at and there have been improvements in the last few months, i.e. flexibile benefits portal, Cycle to Work schemes etc.

Group CEO

I'm glad you've cited our appetite for innovation: the key thing is it that thanks to your spirit, it comes from the whole crew not top down from management. I'd agree we have room to develop the additional benefits: please discuss your suggestions with Angela, Claire and the EEG. Calire is publishing more of these every month. Thanks! - David

8. 5.0

Software developer

Apr 20, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have computers and allow you to write software that works really well if you write it correctly with the correct syntax and no bugs.

Cons

You can be told off if you stop working or if you stop going into work without a valid reason that you can get away with.

Group CEO

Pros Fun, you could have: Replace a semi colon (;) witha Greek question mark (;) in your friend's C# code and watch him pull his hair out over the syntax error. Cons: "Getting Away with It" was the first single by the English band Electronic, which comprised Bernard Sumner of New Order, ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, and guesting vocalist Neil Tennant of Pet Shop Boys. I never liked New Order, The Smiths or the Pet Shop Boys, but thanks for the entertaining review. Lovin' the 5 stars, dude - David

9. 5.0

Amazing atmosphere

Apr 7, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is amazing, the place is full of excellent people who enjoy working and having fun together. This is also an organisation that truly embrace agile methodologies, starting from engineering to all across professional services. People at Workplace thrive to get better at what they do and how they do it together.

Cons

Continuous success in bringing in more sales, acquiring new customers or upselling to existing ones result in extra pressure all across the business due to technical debt and legacy issues on the technical front.

Group CEO

Thanks for the great feedback. This is what mnakes us successful and different from your average software company. Growing pains are inevitable and the engineering guys are investing heavily in simplifying and making the deployment of our software easier all the time. I promnise we'll keep up that effort. - David

10. 5.0

Brilliant Place to Work

Nov 30, 2015 -  in Milton Keynes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having been a part of Workplace for over a year now, I can honestly say, time has flown by. The interaction and support between the execs, management, departments and global offices reflects a true collaborate working team atmosphere. It's a breath of fresh air to work for a company that truly cares for both their employees and customers.

Cons

I don't feel that there are any cons

Group CEO

And it's very reassuring to know that you can feel the benefit. I promise we will keep on the voyage - our work here is far from done! - Thanks, David

Viewing 1 - 10 of 90 Reviews