Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews

Updated 15 October 2017

Full-timePart-time

Worldwide Clinical Trials Chief Executive Officer Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Salary, benefits, work from home (in 5 reviews)

• Great company with high regard for work/life balance in their employees' lives (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • More focus on work-life balance and awards and recognition (in 7 reviews)

• Some people within senior management are a bit full of their own self importance (in 9 reviews)

"Positive learning environment and great people!"

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Manager in London, England

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible working arrangements (home-based, partially office based possible);
    well defined roles and responsibilities in start-up which makes this hectic phase and cooperation between different functions somewhat easier;
    great learning environment - in-house regulatory intelligence is well-organized, 'hot-topics' discussed at the departmental meetings, people instantly share with the rest of the team any updates or knowledge they acquired on their projects;
    cooperation in the team is valued more then individual achievements (culture of team work and openness)
    low turnover in regulatory team (many people working 5 years or more) ;
    individual approach to each employee - workload, development needs reviewed regularly by managers during 121s; complexity of assignments corresponds to the level of experience (support given where needed);
    You are always listened to - regardless of your position, country, number of years with the company. People are encourage to give their feedback on the processes, share concerns or put forward their own ideas
    It is your competition that matters not how old you are, or in what country you are based (not the case in some other, more US oriented companies)

Cons

part time usually not accepted
    there could be more external training

"A pretty good job generally"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Nice people, new office is so much better than the old one, there are some people here who really care what they're doing. Lots of people have been around for a good while so the company obviously is doing something right.

Cons

Some of the people who have been around for a good while have got complacent and entitled! Also, the company is American-owned so there's a slightly weird culture. Some people within senior management are a bit full of their own self importance.

Advice to Management

Value the staff you have in the UK, there's clearly a lot of knowledge and passion here so you should harness that and become a truly "Worldwide" company - don't just expand in America!

"Regulatory Affairs Manager"

Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs Manager in London, England

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

working from home, flexible working bours

Cons

lack of professionalism, bullying by senior management, high workload and high turn over

Advice to Management

I worked in the London office and I had the most terrible experience of my life. Regulatory affairs directors were all home based and with no support and training, meeting thr expectation was impossible. WCT accepts projects without having the satff and resources. I was close to mental break down. Lack of professionalism in regulatory affairs was significant.

"Challenging"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly staff Locally
    Flexible hours
    Free refreshments at some sites

Cons

Some areas have a total lack of effective line management
    Lack of cohesive management
    Strategy is only known to a few
    US centric - If the US doesn't like it or doesn't want it doesn't happen

"Almost there"

Former Employee - Clinical Data Manager in Nottingham, England
    Former Employee - Clinical Data Manager in Nottingham, England

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In-house development for junior members is good, time on job allows for a lot of useful experience and exposure to different therapeutic areas. Compared to other companies I've worked for, study processes are clearly defined - if difficult to track cross departmentally. Working environment is conducive if a little strained (fishbowl) in the new office. Senior management (apart one from particular individual) were professional, communicative and supportive in and outside of work.

Cons

High staff turnover - largely due to both a young average employee age - and the lack of official development opportunities. Working hours could be flexible.

Advice to Management

Consider flexi-time - you'll attract a different working demographic who are likely to stay longer in company. Use certified courses / qualifications as a means of motivation or reward e.g. 2 yrs in post - fund Level 1 ACDM exam.

"Good luck..."

Former Employee - SCRA
    Former Employee - SCRA

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials (More than a year)

Pros

Well organised only if you are on the right teams, otherwise firefighting in knee-jerk responses to sponsor requests. Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Offers of in house support are suggested as freely available for when things get busy, then held against you as a failing and measure of inadequacy if taking them up on it. Cumbersome, painful systems.

Advice to Management

Resource according to project requirements instead of random allocations to inexperienced staff. Ensure consistently fair line management with regular contact and feedback.

"Lots of poor management"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Many nice staff. A good job for those that fit in with the management clique.

Cons

My department was poor;ly managed technically and people wise. Most people from other departments said they same. One told me 'I'll never get on here as I know how to do my job well'. TIat was the same for me. Lots of low morale. There was an initiative to turn things round from the top - I hope for my former colleagues sake this works but it's hard to change a whole culture...

9. "Stats"

Current Employee - Statistic Programmer in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Statistic Programmer in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

Not really a bad thing to say

"Biostats/programming"

Current Employee - Statistician in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Statistician in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Its a good place if you have very good contacts. Most people 'leaving' in first 2 years otherwise. 40% turnover in my time.

Cons

Very high staff turnover. You can be let go on the spot without warning. This creates a culture of fear and infighting.
    Very poor dated processes and systems and bad work planning as a result - 24 hour shifts with constant hows it going msgs and emails.
    Fetch people in on visas who can not quit or they have to leave the country. These people will work 14-18 hours a day and you are expected to compete with them.
    There is a boxing ring in the head office -wtf is that about.
    And the bean bags in the new office- you aint never going to leave your desk long enough. You have to swipe you id to go to toilet which was about 100m from desk

Advice to Management

Its pointless. Someone put an 'idears' sticker on the office shredder, that sums it up.
    Stop looking after yourselves and loosing clients !
    And for @@@@ sake stop using excel for everything

"No training, blame cilture"

Former Employee - IVRS Development Manager in Nottingham, England
    Former Employee - IVRS Development Manager in Nottingham, England

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small individual teams are nice and are willing to help when needed.
    Good work life balance.

Cons

Processes are not well defined
    very limited job specific training provided
    Blame culture
    Management won't act on feedback
    No role progression

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback, provide a structured training programme to new employees and a method for career progression
    Provide a progressive payscale