Worldwide Express Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Worldwide Express CEO Tom Madine
Tom Madine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours, working in emerging markets" (in 29 reviews)

• "door to door sales, burn out rate is high" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Area Sales Manager"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training. Only Promote within. Promote based on performance not tenure. Higher base pay than majority of Outside Sales Roles, plus uncapped residual commission.

Cons

I'm clearly biased given the fact I work for the company. However, putting myself in the shoes in someone who is looking at WWEX &/or former employee I think the two biggest things i've read on reviews is (below)

- Work Life Balance
    - Micromanagement

Again, I know i'm biased, but I need to address these two reviews I see from people. Every office in every state is different & I think everyone would agree that there are bad seeds in every company, but that doesn't make the company a bad company or even the statement true.

I can say 100% there is work life balance. Being with the company 4 years I've seen a lot and typically the people that say this don't realize that they signed up for a competitive sales position. If you have any knowledge of a Sales Role, it's not your typical 9-5 punch in & punch out. I think people see the rewards that comes with being in sales, but often times don't want to see what it actual takes to become a high performing sales rep. Being someone who's been a top performer every year, i'll admit at times I had less work life balance, but that was my choice. Before I signed with WWEX they were straight forward and I knew what it would take to not only be a top performer in this company, but also what it takes to climb / get promoted. NOTE: long hours at times isn't just a WWEX thing, it's any company. However, I have a pretty good life & balance is more than balanced.

Micromanagement - Piggybacking off comment a few paragraphs above, every office / manager is different & while some offices / managers micromanage, majority of them don't. That being said, if a new rep isn't performing, rather than just letting that person go, a manager is going to get on them more, not because he/she wants to babysit that rep, but so that they can see where they're struggling and help them. Managers here aren't just looking to get a paycheck from reps, we care because we've all been in the shoes of that rep, we've all struggled and we've all had a manager who stuck by our side and helped us get to where we are at today. While some might call that micromanagement, I call that leadership

Advice to Management

Being a new manager, I told myself never forget what got me here. Just because my title changed, doesn't mean i'm going to sit in some office preaching about how good I was and barking orders. I'm in the trenches with my reps all day, every day. I would say if there is any managers that think they don't need to be leading by example, remember what got you here & know that nobody wants to work / follow someone who doesn't practice what the preach.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Overland Park, KS (US)

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time

Pros

Financial possibilities, great culture, killer management in FTL, love coming to work everyday.

Cons

Work life balance is a struggle but the financial up is worth the life down for now, ends to a mean.

Advice to Management

Better work life balance

3. "Acoount manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced
    great training program

Cons

high retention rate
    long hours

4. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture! Great place to work! Growing rapidly.

Cons

work-life balance is slim to none.

Advice to Management

more flexible work remote hours, leadership development training prior to promotions

5. "Best Company to work for"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are our best asset and you are being treated as such. The best company I've ever worked for. Good chances to grow with the company or stay where you are if you are comfortable.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

6. "Great Culture and training/development"

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture is amazing. WWE truly believes in finding a balance between hard work and life outside of work. If you're honest to the job and work hard, then you'll be rewarded.

Cons

This can be seen as a pro, because management will always push you to be your best. But don't let your foot off the gas. Under performers don't typically get to stick around.

7. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is there. Manager along with Area Manager are extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help. They continue to be patient when you have your low days and understand the realistic expectations in sales.

Cons

None so far...really enjoy working here! Best job I have had.

Advice to Management

Continue to push us every day. It works. The competitions help the sales executives to stay hungry.

8. "Pricing Analyst"

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is extremely flexible and laid-back. Culture is very fun to be a part of.

Cons

The office is very young and lacks some experience needed. Also, the company is growing rapidly and is experiencing some growing pains right now.

9. "Awful environment"

Former Employee - Account EX
    Former Employee - Account EX

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay for an entry-level position.

Cons

The corporate environment and culture is just terrible. Most days, it seems like you are working at a Frat house. It is also very cut-throat, colleagues are put against each other instead of working with each other, and bonuses are performance-based (not fairly distributed, though).

10. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have no confidence in yourself, not persistent, give up easily and hate cold calling businesses then this job is definitely not for you. I’ve been with the company for less then a year and have to say I actually like the job. The competitive atmosphere, management being top notch (in my office at least), encouragement you get on a daily basis, and multiple ways to make bonus money, this job is great for someone who is success/money hungry. They promote from within, so everyone has started doing cold calling so your managers know what you’re going through and offer great advice. I like the job and see myself here for awhile. They also offer a lot of training to keep you fresh on your game.

Cons

Overall great company, downside for me is the low salary starting off. Yes, there’s potential is making a lot of money, but you won’t see that for a year or whenever you hit certain sales metrics. The amount of driving you do is insane, so leasing a car is not an option.

Advice to Management

The bonus money for car allowance helps out a lot, but add in gas reimbursement as well. That’s about it.