XPO Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Oct 15, 2019

Found 355 reviews

4.4
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours since we try to get things done on accelerated schedules(in 114 reviews)

• "Work life balance & scope to move internationally within the company(in 87 reviews)

1. "Grad scheme with copious opportunities"

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Northampton, England

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best company I’ve worked for. No company is perfect but this company really does look out for its employees as best as it can!

Cons

Not the most organised at times.

XPO Logistics2019-10-15

October 16, 2019

Great to hear you're enjoying XPO - sharing your experience is a great way of raising the XPO brand profile, so thank you!

2. "So far so good"

Current Employee - Transport FLM in Deeside, Wales

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am fairly new to the business, in fact this is my third week, but so far the signs seem to be there, far more than with my last employer anyway! The main benefits I can see so far is that you are viewed as a team member and important no matter what the role and the management structure at the contract/site I’m on seem to be very forward thinking and having a team approach and mentality which is the main reason... I joined here.

Cons

3 weeks in and yet to receive my contract and the have also not taken bank details from me, however, apart from this little blip nothing bad to say at all

XPO Logistics2019-10-14

3. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Barnsley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company with a never-ending commitment to improvements, constantly refining ways of work for their customers. Endless opportunity for development if you wish to explore. Focused on Safety and Well-being of all employees. Great collaboration between different business units. Supporting work-life balance with flexible working patterns.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

October 16, 2019

Thanks for your review. Safety is one of our values, so it's great to hear that you have seen first-hand the focus we dedicate to it.

4. "Been working for XPO for nearly 16 years"

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Warrington, North West England, England

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have always found the management to be approachable and supportive., encouraging you to fulfill your potential. XPO offers a wide and varied amount of opportunities. for everyone.

Cons

None that I can think of

October 16, 2019

Engagement is really important to us as a company - sharing your experience (internally and externally) highlights the opportunities available at XPO, and helps us to grow more brilliant employees - thank you for sharing this with us.

5. "Tough but Rewarding Position"

Current Employee - Transport Operations Manager in Warrington, North West England, England

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Managing a large operation Working with great team Empowered to manage my operation my way

Cons

7 Day a week operation

Thanks for your review - it's great to hear you love it here at XPO! #WeAreXPO

6. "Great Company That Cares About Their Employees"

Current Employee - Human Resources & Payroll Advisor in Derby, England

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great engagement and development opportunities. Growing business with exciting opportunities to get involved in. Family atmosphere. Competitive rates of pay and an amazing management team that care about the people and their development.

Cons

Pension scheme could be improved

XPO Logistics2019-10-10

October 16, 2019

We couldn't deliver this culture without hardworking and passionate employees supporting us - so a big thank you to you (and all your colleagues too). #WeAreXPO

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - People Serviced Specialist in Northampton, England

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The progression is readily available to you, the support you receive from managers is the best I’ve received.

Cons

I can’t think of any!

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing!

October 9, 2019

Wow, it's great to see the passion you have for XPO shine through in your review. Having this enthusiasm across our business really helps us to deliver the service and culture that makes XPO Logistics such a great place to be - thank you!

8. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - People Services Coordinator in Northampton, England

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunities & support from team and management.

Cons

Office decor needs updating

Advice to Management

Doing a great job with supporting our team. Keep up the good work.

October 9, 2019

We're really pleased you've integrated into our culture so quickly - it's hard not to around here! Our supportive culture is especially valuable to new starters - we understand it can be tough starting a new role, with so much information to take in, so we are always looking at ways to make the joining process as smooth as possible. We're always looking for feedback for our new starters, so thank you for your review.

9. "The development opportunities have been endless!"

Current Employee - Graduate Management Trainee in Northampton, England

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at XPO for almost 4 years, and in that time I have progressed from a Customer Service Administrator to a Graduate Management Trainee. They accept Grad applicants internally, even if you don't have a degree! You grow, we grow- the company development strategy- I have been offered a lot of development opportunities especially since being on the Grad scheme and have grown significantly in my ability,... knowledge and skill set Love the ethos!

Cons

I can't think of any!

October 10, 2019

Thanks for your review - I'm delighted to hear that you have benefitted first hand from our "you grow, we grow" culture - I wish you continued success!

10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Change Manager in Northampton, England

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great opportunities for career growth and development at all levels including established apprenticeship and graduate schemes! Working for a company that is dynamic, achievement-oriented and people focused.

Cons

Fast-paced and dynamic culture isn't suitable for everyone.

October 10, 2019