Xercise4Less Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Xercise4Less   (no image)

"RBM"

Current Employee - RBM

I have been working at Xercise4Less full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family feel, Loyalty, Free Gym, Chaining peoples lives! I value every one of my team members and i feel they wold say the same about me. 6 years strong!!

Cons

Hours can be long but extremely rewarding - you get what you give just as you do with any business. Fast pased - not for the faint hearted

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your doing a great job! Here's to 100 clubs

Xercise4Less2017-11-14
  2. "Good in club management will see the company thrive."

Current Employee - Employed Personal Trainer

I have been working at Xercise4Less part-time for more than a year

Pros

Met some amazing friends along the way. Clubs with good management thrive.

Cons

Management was very cold and could not take constructive criticism. Management was also very hard to communicate with as was always met with a very strange and negative response. Company continuously changed the structure on which we worked and this was communicated very poorly in the past to the point in which employees were down £200 in wages because company had only communicated to few clubs and only via email. Company expected staff to work overtime for free even after these employees were continuously conned out of commision and class payments.

Xercise4Less2020-01-06
  3. "Good people but poor company"

Former Employee - SGM in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Xercise4Less full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some good people (if still there) Use of gym.

Cons

Cutting number of roles in gym by increasing workload for others. Bonus is terrible now. Paid annually and maxed out at 10% of basic. Lots of factors to juggle for a whole year. If company doesn't make a profit that year you lose your whole bonus even if achieved. HR are puppets to company. Not a service for employees or to protect your rights. All roles will be doing openings, closings and weekends, regardless of peak times to engage with members. Older gyms get very little done to keep standard even at a minimum. Health and safety ignored for long periods if involves a cost. It's a shame because it could be so much better...

Advice to Management

Look after your teams in store. Support and help them offer a better service to members. Communicate with teams as lack of information makes the whole team unsettled. Redundancy, roles being renamed and closing gyms seems to point to a bleak future.

Xercise4Less2019-11-22
  4. "No frills, not difficult"

Current Employee - Membership Experience Team Member in Leeds, England

I have been working at Xercise4Less part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy job Customers pay a little, generally expect a little in return. Free gym membership

Cons

On your own a lot Members not restacking their weights Targets are always just out of reach

Advice to Management

Don't forget that some of the poorly paid staff that you have are highly qualified. We don't need patronising. We just want to make a living.

Xercise4Less2019-10-05

"Don't Bother - You are not given the support or tools you need to achieve"

Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Xercise4Less full-time

Pros

None - The whole experience was terrible

Cons

Senior Management - Financial Management

Xercise4Less2019-11-04
  6. "So so"

I have been working at Xercise4Less part-time

Pros

Great way to gather information on how the gym industry works.

Cons

Blame culture from Head Office.

Xercise4Less2019-08-13

"Wolf of Wall Street"

Former Employee - General Manager in Liverpool, England

I worked at Xercise4Less full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There isn't any at all!

Cons

Company's beliefs and values are completely wrong!

Xercise4Less2019-08-14
  8. "Brilliant progression opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Leeds, England

I have been working at Xercise4Less full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at Xercise4Less for 4 years. Throughout my time working for this company I have progressed massively. I started my very first role as a Receptionist at the Stockton South branch, I have recently purchased a property in Leeds with my now Fiance where I moved to the Leeds North branch to progress my career as a Membership Consultant. The job roles where very different but support was given to me through the role which made my confidence grow is changing peoples lives through exercise. After moving to Leeds North, I received a call from Stacey Gould, who manages recruitment within head office, asking if i was interested in progressing by moving to Head Office as a PA for Peter Wright (CEO) and Helen Gauden (CFO) as well as having the role of Head Office Administrator. I jumped at the chance and I thought it was wonderful of Stacey to take me into consideration for this role as it was clear she saw my passion and capability of doing well in the role. I started my job in Head Office in February 2019 where I was supported by everyone within the office to expand my skills and grow in knowledge. As a long term career, I am very interested in working within the HR department in which Carl Atkinson, the Head of People, saw my potential and allowed me to partially take on a part of HR which has now given me the opportunity to shine. Through my interested in HR and being driven to get there, I received the amazing news that I had been successful after and I had been promoted to HR Administrator, along with a pay increase and enrollment onto a course, after completion, will give me the qualification of a CIPD Level 3 with progression onto higher levels once completed.

Cons

I hoped that we wouldn't have to work Bank Holidays moving from club land to now working in an office and I wish we had more holidays to take.

Xercise4Less2019-05-30

"Worst job ever"

Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at Xercise4Less part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free gym membership That’s it

Cons

Boring Nothing to do No one to talk to Mind numbing boredom Depressing job Breaks are bad

Advice to Management

Sort out the communication Shouldn’t have a separate receptionist to sales team, there’s things the receptionist can’t do in terms of sales etc and when there’s no one else here the receptionist looks stupid. Train everyone in sales to avoid this Actually give employees a contact to sign

Xercise4Less2019-06-23

"One of the worst companies I've worked for"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Xercise4Less full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Team members, big gym

Cons

Head office are rude, Treat members appalling, un-realistic bonus.

Advice to Management

Treat every employee the same, set decent bonus targets and ensure customers are the vocal point of what the company should be about.

Xercise4Less2019-04-30