YETI Coolers Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 106 reviews

4.1
YETI Coolers CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
  • "The company is centered in it's core values and continuously strives to improve(in 11 reviews)

• "YETI cultivates a very engaging and collaborative work environment that moves at a fast pace and rewards excellence(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be hard to maintain work life balance when everyone cares so passionately about the work(in 5 reviews)

• "This isn't a work from home atmosphere- the expectation is to be in office most of the time as a lot of cross functional work happens face to face(in 4 reviews)

"Good experience with growing pains"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time

Pros

Overall pretty good. Nice people, cool products, brand recognition, fast paced, expanding business and opportunities for career

Cons

Unfocused priorities and unclear expectations at times, open workspace, strict office hours, comp and retirement benefits, inconsistent micromanagement, politics are growing quickly

Advice to Management

Trust your people. CEO and some senior leaders need to relax the reins to encourage growth and innovation. Focus and be strategic. Improve comp and retirement benefits

YETI Coolers2019-08-13
  2. "Great job, horrible management"

Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at YETI Coolers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits are great (typical of a start-up/small organization)

Cons

Have to be a “favorite” to move up or around in the organization.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people.

YETI Coolers2019-09-04
  3. "Great company with all the potential in the world"

Current Employee - Designer in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great hiring process. Strong company culture and core values. Talented folks in all departments. Plenty of perks: On-campus Cafe and Cafeteria subsidized, complimentary Gear garage rental for anything from kayaks to coolers, campus store, a very well equipped gym, and more. Full suite of benefits, and 401k/stock options.

Cons

YETI does not offer any paternity leave!

Advice to Management

YETI is a great company to work for. In a competitive landscape like Austin, having attractive hiring incentives are important especially for young professionals that are looking to grow their careers and families. Paternity leave is a huge benefit left off the table. Hopefully, that changes soon!

YETI Coolers2019-07-16
  4. "Incredible company with growth mindset and amazing leaders"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are amazing. Some of the best I have ever met. The foundation of YETI is rooted in their Core Values but are agile and driven to improve every day. I have learned so much from my time here and it still feels like we are at the beginning of this great ride.

Cons

YETI is fast paced and has high expectations. Not a con if you are up for the challenge but it certainly is not a place to just come and put in the hours. They expect each and every one of us to make YETI stronger.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on your people. They will take care of YETI nation.

YETI Coolers2019-07-12

"Growing Brand, Dying Culture"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get the opportunity to represent the YETI brand, which is undoubtedly the strongest in the Outdoor Lifestyle industry. This translates into easy sales, and foreseeable company growth. The office building is great, and the benefits outside compensation are generous. Some of the friendliest coworkers you'll have the opportunity to work with.

Cons

ZERO work life balance - very little direction - constant change in "sprints" - poor compensation structure for company revenue drivers - capital hill of office politics - little authenticity to core brand

Advice to Management

Understand all aspects of the business, and provide infrastructure for employees to prosper. Open your door and allow YETIzens to be HEARD. When recommendations or suggestions for process improvements are shared, understand that those are being voiced for a reason. STOP bringing in inexperienced contractors and focus on HR/Talent initiatives that will source QUALIFIED SMEs to manage teams and vertical business units... within those divisions. You lose your culture when you forget about the people, and it has become very evident that the employee's voice has no meaning. DO NOT expect me to be happy in my position when being asked to stay until 8-9PM. This is a talltale sign that something needs to change, and more focus is needed to alleviate the strain on your employees. Enjoy the excitement and buzz that the newest YETIzens bring as it will fade fast, just as it has for me.

YETI Coolers2019-06-13

"I learned a lot, but very little pertaining to my career..."

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at YETI Coolers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a great opportunity to build a team that was passionate, excited to work and eventually so stable that they no longer needed me to operate. I trusted them fully to execute each day and for each of them, I am so grateful for my time spent with this company. They helped develop me into the manager I am today.

Cons

There was no sense of direction for me to go beyond my role, and in my time with the company I had EIGHT direct reports, all of which never had experience in my area of expertise. I felt passed around, never to receive any growth or constructive feedback in my role to help me learn and flourish into the next step in my career. As I was unable to move onto a new role, it inhibited my team from being able to... advance as well. There is a lot of talk about "promoting from within" however I personally never saw anyone get promoted, only external hires coming in from previous companies that they liked to wave around like they were a shiny new toy.

Advice to Management

Before you set out on a new journey within the company, lay down a little infrastructure. It is unfair and unsettling to set someone up for a dead end career in a company that is "full of growth" and "just getting started." After 2.5 years with the company, I felt more lost in my career leaving my role than I did when I started. Growth is not expected, but earned & I was never given a fair opportunity in my role... with the lack of structural soundness in the department I worked. Seek subject matter experts to manage a department in which they understand, let them take charge, and stop allowing HR/Talent departments to dictate so much of what happens within each department.

YETI Coolers2019-06-04

"Good intentions, poor execution"

Former Employee - Outfitter in Austin, TX

I worked at YETI Coolers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The products are HIGH quality, there's a definite "cool" factor, looks amazing on a resume, not necessarily "mind boggling" hard work.

Cons

Terrible (and I MEAN TERRIBLE) managers, lots of personal backstabbing/politics, can't decide if they are an inappropriately close "Family" or a too strict corporate office....zero consistency on standards. They go between hiring a very....specific...type of person, then become upset that those people are entitled.

Advice to Management

Work on diversity, stop thinking that a mid level management position allows you to parent grown adults, take the emotion out of it.

YETI Coolers2019-04-22

YETI Coolers Response

May 9, 2019Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We’re sorry to hear your experience at YETI was disappointing. We pride ourselves on supporting an open and transparent culture, and we reinforce with all people managers how to act on honest and constructive feedback and find positive ways to improve how their teams collaborate, ...

"Strong culture, with good perks, and supportive leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is strong globally and the employees truly live the core values every day. There is a lot of development and growth opportunities within the organization for employees. Good benefits, paid holidays, 20 days of PTO, 401k matching, free gym onsite, discounts on products and other outdoor companies, and subsidized lunch onsite. Overall I feel that YETI really gives back to its employees with the various... events throughout the year. There are weekly and monthly learning opportunities to learn about what other departments in the org do.

Cons

Very fast paced ever changing environment where you must remain nimble and flexible to keep up with the constant change. Not much flexibility to work from home, YETI is big on office face time. Also, not the best maternity leave and no paternity leave.

YETI Coolers2019-03-14

"Becoming very corporate"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at YETI Coolers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome company to represent and be a part of Cool gear

Cons

becoming too corporate and micro managed

Advice to Management

focus on your employees

YETI Coolers2019-03-15
  10. "Love it! Extremely Growth Oriented"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is centered in it's core values and continuously strives to improve. I have never felt so challenged and so fulfilled in my professional life. Everyone in the company has so many amazing opportunities to engage with other departments and develop skills outside of their normal job duties.

Cons

Things can change quickly so if you aren't adept to change, and going above and beyond your job duties isn't your thing, then this isn't the place for you. You have got an amazing, talented, driven work force, so you have to stay on your A-game.

Advice to Management

Everyone has SO much going on it's hard not to sometimes conflict priorities but continue to work to align cross-department communications and planning.

YETI Coolers2019-03-08