Yell Reviews

Updated 5 May 2021

3.9
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
Pros
  • "They are very flexible, and a good work life balance(in 35 reviews)

• "fantastic working hours that allows me to balance my work and family life perfectly(in 27 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"18 years and still love working here"

Current Employee - Call Centre Manager in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent career progression opportunities, great pay, private healthcare, good pension, strong culture and values, working from hope opportunities, friends for life, brilliant training, strong brand, dynamic for the digital world, great products, superb partnerships, job security

Cons

Other than the normal BAU which is the same for any company, I have no cons

March 18, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and congrats on your tenure! We appreciate your feedback and wish you continued success and happiness in your career with us.

2. "Yell"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Telesales Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer Good Working hours and good bonus

Cons

No cons as of yet

3. "What a Company!"

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

Great people and ever greater support from the business in terms of metal health, home working, flexi working and much more. I have had nothing but great support and coaching since my time with Yell. Real team feeling and the banter in the office and online is always making you laugh and feel connected with your colleagues. Excellent pay rates, bonus schemes and incentives. Managers always want you to hit your target. if you need support they are always willing to offer it. SLT are more open and involve everyone in updates regularly and take ideas and feedback from anyone in the company seriously and always adapt to ensure employees and customers are receiving the most out of Yell. Trialing new product offers and employee pay amendments in favour for the employee when and where possible.

Cons

Honestly working at yell may not be for everyone. There are targets and ever evolving product ranges to learn about and sell in an ever evolving market. There is a comradeship in the building but the banter again may not be for everyone. If you take yourself seriously it might not be for you. The employees are funny, smart and driven, Making sure that everyone is supported, however, there is no filter and for the pressure of the job at times it brings laughter but it could be at your expense.

February 17, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review, it is great to hear you have had a great experience with us and are enjoying your role.

4. "Really enjoy working for Yell"

4.0
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Cardiff, Wales, Wales

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great to work from home, manager is great as are team mates. Incentives are good as is pay.

Cons

Targets are high and ever increasing, they don’t adjust monthly target if you have Holidays. If you have had time off, you’re still expected to hit the full time target. Can be encouraged to work when off on holiday. Almost feel bad taking holiday to be with kids knowing it will be a struggle to get to my target ... that’s not good at all. Lead volumes last month have been very low and poor quality making it hard to hit target.

April 29, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a review we appreciate your feedback. Really pleased you are enjoying the flexibility of working from home and also enjoy the culture. We take our employees well being very seriously at Yell and you should not feel bad for taking holiday. If you wish to discuss further with us please do contact us at recruitment@yell.com or alternatively we advise you speak to your line manager about this matter.

5. "Interview"

Current Employee - Telesales Consultant

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

Positive interview process and I look forward to starting.

Cons

Not yet started the role.

May 6, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review it is really appreciated. We are really pleased you enjoyed the interview process, we pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional candidate experience at all times. We hope you enjoy your career with us.

6. "New Job"

Current Employee - Telesales Consultant

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

New job been great so far

Cons

No cons at all as I’ve just joined

May 12, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We wish you every success in your career with us at Yell.

"Not the place they think it is"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Hyderābād

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Early finish on a Friday

Cons

If you want to work in place where it is constant pressure then Yell is the place for you. Their training programme brainwashes you into thinking their products are market leading in digital marketing which is definitely not the case. To work in yell you have to have no conscience. Constantly ramming talk time targets and dial rates down your throat hour after hour. The reality is with yell that they are no longer the call centre that they think they are as from first hand experience there are other businesses around the belfast area who pay way better bonuses than yell do. As for the management they are just as brainwashed as the advisors in yell. If you aren't the bosses little pet then you don't get the good leads as they like to call them. All in all l would not recommend anyone to work in Yell now and any current employees reading this will know its all true.

March 9, 2021Head of Recruitment

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased you liked the early finish on a Friday, we offer this to all of our Telesales consultants we are very aware the role can be a demanding one at times and we appreciate everyones hard work and efforts during the week. The role of a Sales Consultant isn't the easiest of jobs so we do agree that pressure comes with this type of role. However, it is concerning to hear your comments around the managers and would welcome you to get in touch with us at recruitment@yell.com to discuss in more detail if you wish. We are very proud of the products and services in which we offer at Yell and also the way in which our call centres have adapted so well given the new working from home environment we are all having to deal with.

8. "Great company & great support"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Account Director in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Having worked here for 9 years I can safely say it’s a great place to work. Really good support too, my manager is Christian Starling who like all the managers done all the sales roles successfully before so offers great support around products and the digital landscapes. Compared to lots of agencies out there if you’re thinking of coming here - we are super transparent with our data with customers whatever the results of their programmes.

Cons

Lots of small companies target us so it’s a very competitive industry. Targets are fair but by no means easy it’s not a job for the faint hearted but if your up for it you can do really well.

March 9, 2021Head of Recruitment

Hello and thank you for leaving us a review. Great to hear you are enjoying it and get the support from your Manager that you need. Transparency is key to the success of our employees at Yell so it is great to also hear you call that out. Keep up the great work and thank you once again.

9. "Fantastic Place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progression is something this company will always support you on. The benefits are endless and i can honestly say ive never worked with a better team. My skillset & development has improved in ways i didnt even think capable

Cons

No cons and ive been here 2 years

May 12, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to read how much you enjoy being developed. Progression and developing your own skills is something we pride ourselves on here at Yell. Wishing you all the best in your continued career with us.

10. "great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The staff are really like family here and the bonus is good

Cons

I have nothing bad to really say.

April 29, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review, we appreciate all feedback. Really pleased you are enjoying it at Yell and our people really do make it a great culture to be part of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 629 Reviews