Yell Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yell UK CEO Richard Hanscott
Richard Hanscott

Pros
  • Great work/life balance and the managers genuinely seem to care (in 17 reviews)

• Really good company to work for and really flexible working hours (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Pressure to hit targets and long hours which affects work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• I feel that career progression is limited (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic 4 years"

Current Employee - TeleSales Manager in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - TeleSales Manager in Birmingham, England

Pros

Today is my 4 year anniversary working at yell and in that time I have progressed from a sales consultant to a line manager. I can honestly say its the best place I have ever worked in terms of the atmosphere, the people, the environment and most importantly the job of selling our fantastic products to SME'S which in turn helps grow their business. There is no better feeling and certainly no better sales job. I would recommend to anyone

Cons

I honestly cant think of any

2. "1 year down!"

Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Yell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined the team south London just over a year ago and I can honestly say I haven't looked back once it's been a year of growth, self development and a lot of money saved in the bank. By no means is the role of a DAM in yell easy but if you arrive with the will and determination to learn, grow and earn you will do very well.
    I have expanded my digital knowledge and after a year I can say I feel like a specialist in my field.

The on going management support is one of yell's biggest assets especially in south London I have been given all the tools i need to be successful and the management have supported me and continued to direct me a push me on a get career progression path.

Cons

Yell is a lifestyle and you have to be fully committed to the job and your customers but if you can give the job your all and find that good work/life balance you'll be very successful

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, continue to listen to the troops on the ground and in the field and take on board of comments to make a better yell

3. "Marketing consultant"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is good and great opportunity's to earn bonus, also I have learnt so much from this role.

Cons

Have so much still to learn a year in a would love to be an expert at this time, the job can become a very rinse and repeat job which can become very repetitive.

Advice to Management

I think sometimes management focus so much on the targets, they forget to lead the people, lead the people and the targets should look after themselves

5. "Good people, good pay"

Current Employee - Telesales Consul in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Telesales Consul in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is amazing if you hit targets

Cons

I'm in a telesales department, the only con would be its telesales, and can become monotonous

Advice to Management

Na

6. "training"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Maidstone, England
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Maidstone, England

Pros

great training very informative and gives you all the tools to do your job fully while providing great customer service

Cons

none that I have experienced

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

7. "A genuinely open company"

Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Yell for over 15 years and love that we have great pay and rewards, which are genuinely achievable target wise and Yell are always happy to pay bonuses earned. Too many times i have heard of companies pulling stunts like moving goalposts or changing small print to avoid paying out earnings.
    The management team is excellent in the main and i have met and worked with some truly inspirational people who have helped me to develop and grow into the career i have today.
    There has been a lot of change in the business over the last 10 years but it is nice to be able to say that the business approach has moved with the times, Yell genuinely feels like a modern, forward thinking place to work!

Cons

As with any sales job, this can be a high pressured place to work, targets are set to be challenging and high standards are expected at all times. There is good money to be earned but it is expected that you work hard for these benefits.

Advice to Management

The current upper management team have managed to remain approachable and personable and this seems to have permeated throughout the company in general which makes this a really great place to work... Please keep this kind of attitude and continue to nurture this type of approach in the management at all levels.
    One thing that would be nice is to see something with the style or feel of the Gold Awards coming back so that the entire sales force has an opportunity to appreciate the quality work we do.

8. "excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Wolverhampton, England
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Yell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

fab training, products, customer always first,salary and bonus everything a plus for me

Cons

csn be long hours some days

Advice to Management

excellent

9. "Great company & great people"

Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Yell is a place where you can develop your career and despite the size of the organisation really feel like part of a team. The company looks after it's people, pays a good salary and has best in class products within the digital marketplace. I've been here many years, so would recommend the company very highly.

Cons

Having offshore departments can slow things down when you have a customer issue. However if things do need an urgent resolution they can be escalated to UK management for a quick solution.

Advice to Management

React quicker to technology changes which impact on sales tools. Whereas now we do have good laptops and new iPhone 7's are on the way, there has been some pain and time wasted while we've been waiting for new equipment.

10. "2 years down and hopefully many many more to go"

Current Employee - Media Telesales Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Media Telesales Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every step of the way since joining Yell has been more rewarding than the last. The induction programme (2 weeks spent learning the fundamentals of the job and product knowledge) was alot to take in but paced in a way that it never got too much or overloaded you.

Following that we were placed into an established team who are always happy to help and support eachother led by manager that knows exactly when to push you and when to take the time to coach you. This means whatever your personal goal for being there (bonus, knowledge, career prospects) you do feel they're on your side to get you there.

The main point to really get accross is how as a company they look after every single person and consistently offer personal/team/department incentives and take the time to recognise the work you put in.

To sum up, the hardest (and hard work every single day is most definitely expected) but also the most rewarding job I've had. Work hard and the rewards are there.

Cons

No cons but this is certainly not the job for someone who isn't prepared to push themselves to 100%

Advice to Management

Keep up the rewards, the incentives and the recognition and the way you look after us and you will always have staff that come in wanting to give 100%

11. "Tele Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales Pay and Working Hours, also weekends off.

Cons

Location and no parking included

Advice to Management

................................................................