Yell Reviews

Claire Miles

"Superb business"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Recently promoted Always supported Always encourage Fantastic working environment

Cons

No cons - highly recommended place to work

August 4, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Congratulations on your recent promotion! We are pleased to hear that you feel supported and encouraged. We wish you a happy and healthy future with us here at Yell!

2. "Rewarding - Development Opportunities - Success"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

I've worked for yell now for 12 years and in this time yell has helped me develop my skills in digital marketing but also helped me develop as a person . I have recently been promoted to one of the pinnacle roles in the business and this wouldn't have happened with out the support from my managers. There is so much opportunity in yell with the growth of the digital market place, so what ever role you inspire to be in - you will be supported the whole way from your managers.

Cons

In my 12 years tenure, i have came across no cons about working for yell.

August 5, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. It is really great to hear you are enjoying your career at Yell and Congratulations on your promotion and also your tenure with us! We pride ourselves on offering excellent career opportunities and love to promote from within. Keep up the great work :)

3. "Absolutely brilliant."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Telford, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A clear strategy with the right leadership team.

Cons

There are no cons. If you’re committed to hard work and collaboration then you’ll fit in with the culture.

August 5, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really pleased you are enjoying your career with us and wish you continuous health and success in your future with Yell.

4. "Supportive Company"

Current Employee - L&D Consultant

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent team work, supportive with work/life balance and generally a really good environment to work in.

Cons

Corporate bonus scheme and benefits previously weren't great, however this year seem to have much more opportunity and much fairer in line with sales.

August 5, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are really pleased you are enjoying your career with us. Collaboration is one of our new values so it is great to hear team work as one of your pros! Our people make Yell an even more enjoyable place to work. We have recently changed and improved our Corporate bonus scheme to align with our new internal "Hartley Awards" and to make the bonus more substantial to our employees meaning there is a higher bonus earning potential for all. We are very excited to see our new scheme in action and to celebrate the success of our employees in the near future.

5. COVID-19

"Great company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Telford, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training, Education and management support.

Cons

Covid 19 and the the problems that came with the pandemic

June 26, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very proud of our internal training teams and programmes so it is fantastic to hear that our people feel the same! We are working our way through the issues that Covid-19 has bought to the table, like a lot of Companies and are looking forward to coming out the other side!

6. "Fantastic Career"

Current Employee - Digital Sales Manager in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's like running your own business in that you are trusted to HIT target after creating your own plan on how to do it. Create recognition when you succeed

Cons

Very long hours which are not always reflected in your results.

Continue reading
  7. "Great job with the right effort"

Current Employee - L&D Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The atmosphere is usually great. Bonus potential is high and rewarding for those willing to graft. Rapid Change in te industry so the business reacts and adapts to that. The Leadership Change in the business is a welcome one. I truly believe that they will bring Yell back to greatness!

Cons

The main con is the previous atmosphere and attitude that has been bred into the company by the previous leadership team. The new CEO and SLT are working to remove that and truly change the company for the better but it will take time.

June 12, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are certainly working hard to reinvigorate our culture with the implementation of new values, which we are very passionate about!

8. "Great Company if you have the right mindset"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of support, good fun, great team mates, good incentives, fantastic hours of work - In the end the job was not a fit for me but I would highly recommend anyone who has the grit for this type of work give it a go, fantastic environment and great opportunities!

Cons

hard job if you aren't in the right frame of mind

April 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to hear that you had a positive experience with us! We wish you all the very best in your future career. Thank you!

9. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Telesales Phone Appointer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great earning potential and balace

Cons

No cons I can think of

March 23, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to hear that you are enjoying it! We are lucky to have you !

10. "Great people, benefits and flexible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am trusted by my Manager to work flexibly, which for me often means working from home when I need to at little notice. This really helps with my work life balance! The business has been through a lot of change and we are starting to feel like a brand new company, and the buzz of excitement is contagious. We have a refreshed Senior Leadership Team and we are all excited for the future of the business. I work with some great people and the discount hub is great - I often get cheap cinema tickets and discount retail vouchers, which are nice.

Cons

In the Reading office we don't have parking which is a shame, but the train station is so close that it doesn't really matter!

March 6, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to learn that you feel trusted and have the ability to work flexibly, which suits you. We are aware that not all of our roles are able to have the same level as flexibility, but as a Company we are starting to move into this space and have recently introduced compressed hours and split shifts, as well as homeworking, to a team - which is great for them, and our customers!

Found 527 reviews