Yell Reviews

3.9
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
  1. COVID-19

"Good company - bad timing"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team of people to work with who help each other in difficult situations. Trainers were brilliant when they were available in the early stages. Good salary.

Cons

No support base from manager through lack of knowledge with the systems while always focusing on negativity never positives. Stuck in old ways no adaptability. Company seemed to be gradually diminishing month by month with more and more redundancy’s due to COVID or people just deciding to jump ship. Trainers were removed from position or let go from company very early into development so no support base.

2. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work with great people and get a lot out of my job role

Cons

None after working here a long time.

3. "Hard graft"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Bournemouth, England, England

I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary and bonus and training

Cons

After sales and customer service no team work with other departments

April 29, 2021Head of Recruitment

Hello and thank you for leaving us a review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed our training programme and we do ensure our salary, bonuses and extra benefits are competitive so that's great to hear. It is a shame you felt there was no collaboration with our inhouse CS team we are very proud of the work our Customer Service teams do and have made great progress over the past 2 years. Collaboration is one of our core values so this should always be in place. We will take your feedback on board though so thank you once again.

4. "3*"

Current Employee - Digital Sales Consultant in Plymouth, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, the money and the atmosphere

Cons

There are no cons at yell.

April 29, 2021Head of Recruitment

Really great to hear you are enjoying your role. Thank you for leaving us a review and we wish you every success in your career with us.

5. "A Great Place To Work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Warrington, North West England, England, England

I have been working at Yell part-time

Pros

Its the people and the first class training that has made Yell a great place to work! In a constantly changing digital environment the support I get from my manager and team and the company itself make me want to the very best I can here. I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

still carrying a target for the days I am on annual leave/holiday

March 9, 2021Head of Recruitment

Great to hear you have had a positive experience with us so far, we wish you success and happiness in your career with us.

6. Featured Review

"18 years and still love working here"

Current Employee - Call Centre Manager in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent career progression opportunities, great pay, private healthcare, good pension, strong culture and values, working from hope opportunities, friends for life, brilliant training, strong brand, dynamic for the digital world, great products, superb partnerships, job security

Cons

Other than the normal BAU which is the same for any company, I have no cons

March 18, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and congrats on your tenure! We appreciate your feedback and wish you continued success and happiness in your career with us.

7. "New Employee"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - TeleSales Manager in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

so far I have found that Yell really do live their values. This is something that they should be very proud off! I was really impressed with the recruitment process as the team had talked me through clearly about what the businesses key objectives are. One of the key messages that came across was that integrity is such a major part of working for Yell. I must say that each part of the recruitment process really did demonstrate this, each person was clear about the values and goals and really knew what was expected from them in their roles. The recruitment process was enjoyable and each person at each stage made me feel welcomed and communicated in a friendly manner. Since starting I have met a lot of the team and I am really enjoying the training. The training is easy to understand and its delivered at a great pace. I am delighted to be working for Yell, the people have all been so supportive and approachable.

Cons

I have nothing that I see as a con at this time

November 20, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really pleased you are enjoying working for us. My team and I pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional candidate experience throughout so it's great to hear your positivity around our processes. We wish you all the best in your career with us at Yell and thank you again for sharing your feedback.

"Work Hard and be rewarded but financials a problem"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Milton Keynes, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When I was there good commission opportunity - if you put yourself forward you could get great opportunities to progress and work on projects

Cons

The debt of the business means senior decisions are made based on the best out come for the lenders which often doesn’t line up with what is best for the customer and staff. This also saw a lack of realistic targets based on what the lenders needed versus what was actually possible. It’s a shame to see something with such potential move in such a negative way

9. "Great values"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Scarborough, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

Acces to amazing technology and support

Cons

Product performance on some occasions

10. COVID-19

"Avoid this employer at all costs"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yell part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible hours and company car

Cons

How long have you got I was made redundant last year and have never known such a great company do a full circle to become, nothing short, of a horrendous employer. This company do not care about how you get cash in, they just want it in. They’re the kind of company who tell you to target funeral homes during a pandemic and try to convince them they’ll need more advertising. The pressure they are putting on staff, especially given the current pandemic, is nothing short of disgusting. Completely changing field sales Job role and then warning they will all Be getting official warnings should they not achieve certain levels of target, which not many are hitting given the world we are in. I’m not too sure what idiots they employ to come up with tactics like this but just to let you know, you create panic and fear among your staff and indirectly make them worry for their jobs, it does not improve productivity, it puts heads down. You could maybe consider, all you managers who don’t really have a clue what your field sales do or what they come up against, asking them what their job is now like and how it can be better, what are the current challenges.. Maybe you will see better results and have a happier more productive sales team, given they’re the ones who make the company the money. Most of the great reviews on here will be left by people who have worked there a week and have been encouraged to do so in their training groups. The amount of people on the sick through stress is ridiculous and the management style is awful. Also, a lot of people seem to be climbing the ladder when their mates seem to be in a higher position of power, as opposed to people being promoted for their capabilities and knowledge. Probably where the ridiculous warning situation comes from cause they don’t know how to manage to get good, honest results. Being made redundant was the best thing that could happen. I appreciated the way they handled furlough although it was a ploy to get rid of staff in the long run but at least I got redundancy. In my opinion the rest are being left with little or no choice but to leave. What a climate to feel Like that in. A fair few of Yells top people are leaving, as they know it s a thankless task. There’s no level playing field for BDMs even though they are all targeted the same, a lot get preferential treatment, this reflects on sales bonus pay and also people’s performance played a part in the redundancy choices, of which there was no voluntary option. Managers turn a blind eye, then have the nerve to discipline people for poor performance, even though they couldn’t do the job themselves and know people Are not being supported anywhere near as well as others. Good luck Yell, all of the experience that the company needs to thrive is walking out of your door. I believe if you carry on thinking there’s better people out there for the job, better than the people who’ve grown with you, I’d say you’re very very wrong.

Viewing 11 - 20 of 632 Reviews