Yell Reviews

Updated 24 Jun 2020

3.8
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
  1. "Really good interviewing process"

Current Employee - Telesales in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary and working from home opportunity

Cons

Could be a shorter timescale from first initial interview to start date.

February 25, 2020Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really pleased to hear that you have had a great experience. Thank you for the feedback regarding the timescale from first initial interview to start date - we will take this back to the recruitment team.

"Great Place to work !!!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ive been working for yell for 17 years and couldnt imagine working anywhere else Career Opportunities, ive been lucky enough to work from home for 10 years, which helped with by work life balance and family Great Uncapped Bonuses very rewarding !!! Great Recognition Events The yell People ( Family :-) )

Cons

Targets can be stretching if having a long holiday but other than that nothing!

February 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to have you as a member of our team!

3. "Still Here 20 Years Later... Say No More"

Current Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work life balance Opportunities for promotion

Cons

The office environment needs improvement. Sometimes too cold, sometimes too hot and lifts have been poor but are improving

February 18, 2020Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. It is important that people do have a work life balance so it's great to see if referenced in your review.

4. "Almost 24 years at Yell and still have so much passion for the company and my input. #morethanajob #proudtobeyell"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Career, Progression, Earnings, Culture, People you work with. Autonomy within your role. If you want to do well and work hard ... then Yell is a place you can thrive at.

Cons

Can be long hours but what job isn't when you want to do it right and build a successful career. It's about having pride in what you do consistently.

February 18, 2020Telesales Director

It is really great to understand how you still feel after this many years at Yell, thank you for sharing.

5. "Micro managed"

1.0
    Former Employee - Busineess Development in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money covered travel expenses

Cons

Micro managed, not allowed to use company car they provide as you have to use public transport

May 12, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. For our colleagues who are based in London, we do advise that public transport is used, opposed to your Company car, as parking and traffic is difficult in the City Centre. However, as you rightly pointed out, we do expense back the costs our colleagues incur by doing so. It is a shame to hear that you felt micro-managed. Collaboration is one of our 5 key values and pride ourselves in the team ethic we have in this business.

6. "There are much worse places to start career"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Scarborough, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The people are welcoming - 9-5 working is good

Cons

- Salaries weren't great, though this has since been addressed to some extent - Management seemed a little oblivious to what digital marketing actually was - Too much of a push for quantity

February 25, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to hear that you met some great people whilst working at Yell - we are very proud of our people. thank you for your feedback and advice to Management. We will be taking these forward. We wish you a all the best in your next adventure!

7. "job role review"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

working for yell.com is a very rewarding company, with great staff and management who are offer great support and the opportunities to progress your career. the best company i have worked for and i would highly recommend having a career in yell

Cons

the company is constantly changing which can be challenging but as workers we understand this is done to improve the way yell.com works and offer service to our customers

February 18, 2020Telesales Director

As some-one that has been with us for 1 to 2 years it is great to hear how supportive you are finding the structure we have in place and that you see your job as a career. This is really important to us which is why we created #morethanajob on Instagram to allow people to share their experiences. We will continue to listen and currently are running focus groups around the business around our values everyone has the opportunity to feed into this through as email set up specifically for us to capture our people's thoughts.

8. "Telesales Digital Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Telesales in Derry, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great competitive salary, recruitment is on the ball with any queries and questions. Very helpful in anyway they can, great overall experience from start to job acquisition.

Cons

None have no complaints - Recruitment set expectations no surprises

February 18, 2020Telesales Director

As a new recruit to Yell it is great to see what a great experience you have had so far, thank you for sharing.

9. "Top job & Top People"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great environment, earning potential and chance for promotion. Iv been there nearly 6 years and if you are driven its the place to be

Cons

No onsite parking thats it

February 18, 2020Telesales Director

Thank you for sharing your views. The environment we create in all our sites is really important to us so please keep sharing and always let us know of anything we can do to improve it.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Scarborough, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really friendly and relaxing workplace, always fun things going on and approachable management.

Cons

short break times, manageable if you don't bring your own food but if need to go to the shop all your break is gone.

January 13, 2020Telesales Director

Great to hear how friendly you are finding your environment, along with the fun element too.

Found 521 reviews