Yell Reviews

1. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

flexibility, structured learning process, great products

Cons

Steep learning curve for some

March 9, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We appreciate all feedback. We are very proud of the products and services we offer our customers and agree the flexibility in which we all work now does make it a great place to work.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Manchester, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

First class training Great earnings potential Great people

Cons

None that spring to mind

March 9, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review, really pleased you are enjoying your time with us and we wish you lots of happiness and success in your career at Yell.

3. "Business development manager"

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in London, England, England

I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Money and nice company car

Cons

Outdated sales tactics. Bad products

April 29, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased you were happy with your salary and earning potential and also the company car we provide. It would be interesting to hear you elaborate more on what you mean by "outdated sales tactics" if you would like to reach out to us in more detail at recruitment@yell.com that would be greatly appreciated. Our product team are continuously working hard to improve and evolve our product set so feedback is always greatly appreciated.

4. "Yell is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work. Management and peers are all great. There are many different career paths if you want to progress. Earnings are excellent if you are prepared to work hard and trust the process.

Cons

Sometimes having an opinion can be misconstrued and easily viewed as being "negative".

February 17, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review, we value your feedback and the insight you have provided us with.

5. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good bonus structure and fantastic hours

Cons

having to chase management for holiday approval, needing to prove you can have a holiday

February 17, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a review, I am pleased you like the bonus structure and the hours are great! Our Telesales teams in particular look forward to the 2pm finish on a Friday. Flexible working is key for most people at present so it's great to hear you call this out. We wish you a continuous great experience with us.

6. COVID-19

"Great People to work with"

4.0
    Former Employee - Head of Architecture in Reading, England, England

I worked at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the nicest and best places I have ever worked with the most brilliant people Covid has shaken the core market so no new big developments or new strategies will be coming hence I was made Redundant. Would go back to work there again no problems.

Cons

Products are wearing thin with no viable , credible strategy that will replace the lost business. Its a massive shame as Yellow pages brand was amazing and the brand has been watered down with lack of investment in products and marketing. It seems Ironic that a advertising and marketing firm is unable to advertise and market itself very well at all.

October 9, 2020Head of Recruitment

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate your feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we agree the people make it an environment to be proud to be part of. We are really sad to hear you were made redundant and thank you for the service you gave us during your time at Yell. Yellow Pages was so iconic and we are facing difficult times at present due to the pandemic however we will take on your feedback around our products. Our Engineering and Product teams work very hard to ensure we are ahead of the market and will continue to look at ways to improve the products and services we offer. We wish you every success in whatever you do next in your career. Thanks again for your feedback.

7. "It was OK at the time"

Former Employee - N/A

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary, a great range of talent hired over the years

Cons

The business was going through a lot of change

8. COVID-19

"okay, if youre willing to give them alot of your life"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Yellow Page Sales in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

good money, good team spirit

Cons

very stressful. they will expect you to sell and hit crazy targets even through lockdowns

March 18, 2021Head of Recruitment

We thank you for leaving us a review, your feedback is important to us. Glad you were happy with the pay and also call out your team. Our salaries are very competitive with the market and our people really do make it a great place to work. We appreciate every role can be stressful at times and of course being in a sales role it comes with Targets and KPI's. It is a shame you felt that way, we believe the targets we have in place are very achievable and we have been extremely impressed how a large number of our Telesales force have managed to continue to achieve their results given the pandemic. We do wish you success in your ongoing career with us and would advise you to speak with your manager if you have any concerns around the pressure you are feeling.

9. "Amazing!"

Current Employee - Telesales Consultant in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast process, lovely people, really easy and well informed

Cons

Absolutely none what so ever.

February 17, 2021Head of Recruitment

Great to hear you are enjoying your role with us! Thank you for leaving us this review.

10. "Great place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

They are very flexible, and a good work life balance

Cons

There have been many changes of direction and constant change in the senior management.

February 17, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a positive review we really appreciate it. Wishing you success and happiness in your future career with us.

Viewing 31 - 40 of 632 Reviews