Yell Reviews

Updated 24 Jun 2020

3.8
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
  1. "Good, Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Scarborough, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Grate training, and fun place to work, the team make you feel very confident at what you learn and do

Cons

Short breaks, but manageable

February 27, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and are surrounded by great people! We wish you a happy and healthy career with us!

2. "Amazing workplace"

Current Employee - Digital Specialist in Scarborough, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open and honest, approachable management style Amazing training programme and support for new starters Individual skills are valued

Cons

Sometimes communicating across different departments is difficult

January 13, 2020Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear how much you valued our training programme.

3. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Digital Specialist in Scarborough, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent working environment, benefits and training.

Cons

only 45 minute break total.... but you get used to that

January 13, 2020Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. Development of our people is really important to us so please make sure you are discussing with your manager what this looks like for you.

4. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Digital Specialist - On-boarding in Scarborough, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Yell has such a unique working environment, welcoming all ages and many people coming from completely different backgrounds. We received training from experienced and professional managers making the whole process enjoyable and interesting throughout. Yell prides itself on having a happy and friendly team atmosphere across the department, with regular team activities, meeting and incentives. We are always pushed to do the best we can, and receive regular praise and bonuses, meaning a 'day in the office' is never boring and you are always learning and developing skills.

Cons

Working at a computer all day can hurt your eyes, but Yell do offer eye test vouchers and often ask you to review your settings in order to achieve maximum comfort.

March 6, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your training. Your recommendation of workshops, is a great idea and we will take it forward to our L&D team! We do offer vouchers, and encourage everyone to adjust their settings - however we would also advise regular short beaks from the screen. However please also bring this up with your Manager so the can support you too.

5. "Potential"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Scarborough, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunists throughout the business and a relaxed working environment

Cons

Pay is not as competitive for this field as it could be

January 8, 2020Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. It is really pleasing to hear that you are seeing the opportunities we provide as a company.

6. "Working close with teams within Yell to provide analytical insights."

Former Employee - Undergraduate Data Governance Analyst

I worked at Yell full-time

Pros

Working with Senior Technical Leads and the Business Users to understand the reporting requirements and understanding the business context behind them.

Cons

Wanted to gain more experience in a programming language which was not offered to me during my time at Yell.

January 8, 2020Telesales Director

Thank you for your review and choosing us to gain your experience.

7. "Better than you'd imagine"

4.0
    Current Employee - Onboarding Consultant in Scarborough, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would have to say one of the main reasons I have given Yell a positive review are the staff. My colleagues are all lovely and so willing to help. The managers treat you as a human being and actually want to get to know you which is something I have never experienced before.

Cons

There is a very strict schedule and you have to make sure you can account for every second of your day. It's not to the point where it makes your life a misery, but you do have to be aware of it. You also have to be willing to be confident in speaking on the phone as it's the nucleus of your role.

January 8, 2020Telesales Director

Yell prides itself on being a People business so it is great to hear how much support you have been given. In our recruitment process we do our best to give an insight into the role and an opportunity for people to listen in so they have a real world view of what they would be doing. If there is anything else you think we could do please let us know. Many thanks for your review.

8. "Decent job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Telemarketer

I worked at Yell full-time

Pros

Good wages nice managers good location

Cons

Pressure lifts always broken reputation

January 8, 2020Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately the lift are out of our control, but I can understand how frustrating this must be.

"Nightmare to work for if you want a life"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Inverness, Scotland

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None. It was ok 20 years ago

Cons

The whole thing is a con unless you want to compromise your ethics to make money

February 18, 2020Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. Reading it, is disheartening, as what you have experienced would go against our values that under pin our culture at Yell. We pride ourselves on our integrity and two years ago created the new service model we have now to onboard a customer to set than up to succeed and then our Inlife, Customer Relationship Managers to support customers in getting the best from their advertising programs. This will mean that all roles now will have to follow processes to ensure that everything we have in place in doing it's part in the customer journey.

10. "Good commision"

5.0

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

Healthy work life balance at this company

Cons

Pay scheme changes every quarter

January 8, 2020Telesales Director

Work/life balance for our people is important to us as we want to provide flexibility in the workplace whether than is in one of our offices or at your home. It is great to hear that you are highlighting this as one of our pros.

Found 521 reviews