Yell Reviews

1. COVID-19

"New Starter at Yell"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Nottingham, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Yell offer some of best digital offerings for SMEs, which I believe it business critical, especially in the current climate and Covid situation. Fantastic place for media professionals to progress their career. Yell is also well known for providing some of the best training and development there is.

Cons

Unable to get out on the road visiting clients face to face right now, but that will change in due course...

November 20, 2020Head of Recruitment

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review so thank you! It is great to hear you are enjoying your training with us. Our dedicated internal trainers are there to set you up to succeed. We hope you continue to enjoy the experience and wish you success in your new role.

2. "Good"

Former Employee - Test Analyst in Reading, England, England

I worked at Yell full-time

Pros

Nice place and nice people to work with.

Cons

Don't see any cons in the company, lovely place to work.

February 17, 2021Head of Recruitment

Great to hear you are enjoying your role with us and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The people really do make it a great and inclusive place to work.

"Unorganised"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced Challenging Some good people

Cons

Sell at all costs Unorganised Pressure

March 18, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to hear you enjoyed the fast pace and challenges of the role. Sales is most definitely not a role for everyone, we appreciate your point around pressure and agree to an extent that with every sale role there comes targets and KPI's to achieve. We are extremely proud of our employees and are regularly celebrating and rewarding our employees for their achievements in sales.

4. "OK"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Birmingham, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent wage and the ability to work from home

Cons

Hard sales role as most people can get advertising for free

January 25, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased you saw the flexibility to be home based as a bonus. Many of our employees have really thrived from this too. We also understand that our sales roles can be tricky at times, but hopefully you found you had the support and training to help you succeed whilst you were here.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Business Account Manager in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay, benefits, commission, bonus, people

Cons

parking isn't great but it is city centre

January 25, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. It's great to hear you were happy with the benefits our role provided as well as the people you worked with. All of our offices are centrally based so parking isn't available for everyone. We do however offer the flexibility to be home based which is a huge benefit to most meaning no travel expenses at all!

6. "Incredible Training and Company Values"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Fleet, South East England, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having recently started my training at Yell and getting to know the Company, I am so very impressed. It really does show that there are company's out there that are happy to invest in their team to ensure they have the tools to do the best job possible. At a time when people are concerned about changing jobs, I am glad I joined a business that is doing so well.

Cons

None so far in the time I have been here.

November 16, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are really pleased you have had a brilliant experience so far. We are extremely dedicated to our people and ensuring they have everything they need to be successful in their career so it is great to hear you mention this. Best of luck in your career and we wish you great success.

"Hell on earth"

1.0
    Former Employee - Digital Telesales Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

I worked at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Basic salary and rota is good

Cons

- Unrealistic targets achieved by small percentage of agents. - Micro managed to insane level. - One day of not selling is not accepted always something you are doing wrong regardless of what you achieved month to date. - Zero tolerance on losing a sale, always could have been put 'over the line today' extreme pressure selling to clients encouraged. - Encouraged to objection handle to the point of harassment. - Talk-time targets set at 3.15 hrs per day cold calling, always your fault if not achieved, encourage to 'objection handle' to extent of being hung up on or abused by customers on the call. - Management styles are none existent, selling or not selling you can always achieve more. literally hell on earth. - Miss-represented the position in interview stage. - was explicitly told 'the wolf of wall street reviews online are completely false' to come into the role and be presented with videos of Jordan Belfort's sales techniques as training my management. the list goes on and on

August 5, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased you were happy with the base salary and rota offered to you with this role. It is a real shame and we are sorry you had some negatives to your experience. As a business, we are striving to continue to do right by our customer and our employees and given the current climate we have seen our call volumes dramatically increase which no undoubtedly has put more pressure on to our Sales Consultants to deliver during these unprecedented times. . We are now in a position to start reviewing and adapting these though to ensure all targets continue to be achievable. We are hoping that the pressure will ease soon for all and again are very sorry you had a bad experience.

8. "Exceptional company with some truly inspirational people"

5.0
    Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent organisation filled with some incredible people I was employed in the belfast sales division and my entire experience with this company has been positive. I would endorse and recommend anyone looking to begin a career in both sales and leadership to look at these guys. The support and development plans in place will help develop you and you will really valued which is in short supply at the moment. Thank you yell for all the happy memories

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

9. "Awful"

Current Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Zero pros at all for this company

Cons

Every single aspect of looking out for their employees

"What it’s really like to work for yell"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Manchester, England, England

I worked at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

The initial training is brilliant Good salary and car scheme

Cons

I like to give credit where it is due.... Yell is by far the biggest mistake of my career! Everything from the outside looking in appears amazing, great salary, car scheme, bonus, career progression. However.... do not be fooled! The company treat employees as a number, I found myself regularly working until 10pm every night in order to “prepare” for the next day of hell. I was constantly put under pressure from the manager and even told to “take a long hard look in the mirror” which is obviously a great thing to hear. Especially after being with the company for 2 months! Anything and everything you do is completely monitored, even stopping off for a sandwich is frowned upon! Working hours... advertised as a 8:30-17:30 job.... do not be fooled! You will be working until at least 8pm every night! The manager is stuck in the 90s with his management style, scare tactics and constant shaming in front of other colleagues to spark a reaction, being spoken to like something off the bottom of the managers shoe on a daily basis. Although the training is excellent.... there is a reason Yell is losing money hand over fist...and that is simply because the products DONT, WORK, they boast about X number of searches per month on the yell website for trades...but with all the BDMS doing their “research” is tied into those searches, it’s all smoke and mirrors with this company. My personal advice would be to take off the Rose tinted glasses and withdraw your application and apply to a company that cares about its staff!

February 17, 2021Head of Recruitment

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are extremely proud of the products and services that we provide our customers, and this is reflected in our high customer satisfaction scores both in our service and sales teams. However, we are very concerned about your comments about your own experience and would welcome an opportunity to understand these further and invite you to contact us confidentially via recruitment@yell.com

Viewing 41 - 50 of 632 Reviews