Yell Telesales Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Richard Hanscott
  1. Featured Review

"I love this job!"

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm new to Yell but already I can see a work place of like minded individuals who are passionate, focused and assertive. The hours are fantastic along with early finishes on Friday. The management actually care about the development of the employees and will help coach you toward success.

Cons

There is no real downsides! If you have the right mindset and come in to work hard, you will see the results. Steve Jobs - Our job is to figure out what our customers are going to want before they do Learn. Educate. Succeed!

Advice to Management

Nothing at all. Keep up the high energy!

Yell2019-05-26

June 12, 2019Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. I am really pleased to hear how much of a great experience you are having!

2. "Great company to work for!!!"

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, challenging, rewarding and positive sales environment.

Cons

Nothing at all so far

Advice to Management

None so far

Yell2019-07-04

"Best place I've ever worked at!"

Current Employee - Telesales Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing place to work, the training is superb, really engaging and the ongoing support whilst on the job is phenomenal. Excellent place to work as the potential to earn working here is massive.

Cons

There is none at all.

Yell2018-01-10

February 20, 2018Head of Customer Onboarding

Thank you for sharing your experiences about working life at Yell. It’s pleasing to hear that you find this an amazing place to work and we wish you continued success.

4. "2 years down and hopefully many many more to go"

Current Employee - Media Telesales Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every step of the way since joining Yell has been more rewarding than the last. The induction programme (2 weeks spent learning the fundamentals of the job and product knowledge) was alot to take in but paced in a way that it never got too much or overloaded you. Following that we were placed into an established team who are always happy to help and support eachother led by manager that knows exactly when to push... you and when to take the time to coach you. This means whatever your personal goal for being there (bonus, knowledge, career prospects) you do feel they're on your side to get you there. The main point to really get accross is how as a company they look after every single person and consistently offer personal/team/department incentives and take the time to recognise the work you put in. To sum up, the hardest (and hard work every single day is most definitely expected) but also the most rewarding job I've had. Work hard and the rewards are there.

Cons

No cons but this is certainly not the job for someone who isn't prepared to push themselves to 100%

Advice to Management

Keep up the rewards, the incentives and the recognition and the way you look after us and you will always have staff that come in wanting to give 100%

Yell2017-04-04
  5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Telesales Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Place to work Great Benefits & salary Work/life balance The People

Cons

Struggling to think of any!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Yell2016-08-26

"Could be Great.... but isnt"

Former Employee - Media Telesales Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Yell full-time

Pros

Colleagues are good to work with. For the most part, 90% are willing to help, listen and support one another in their roll and ultimately strive to achieve together as a team. Good money to be made.

Cons

Blanket management - regular meeting with threats of people losing their jobs because the sales floor are on track to miss a daily target for example. Over worked, under appreciated - 120% is never good enough. As a consistent over achiever more pressure was put on me to cover others lack of effort. 10% off staff are very clicky. Creating a working environment where if your in the right crowd and massaging the right... egos you will earn more money / progress your career. Working hard isn't the best way in Yell - Hibu.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Dont treat staff like they are indispensable, fear is not a motivator. Make it an environment that encourages hard work and most importantly treat everyone the same regardless of who their friends with.

Yell2016-01-04

January 8, 2016Recruitment Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback and for your comments. We read all comments on here both positive and constructive. Firstly I am sorry things didn’t work out for you after your time with Yell. It isn’t clear from the review when you left the business but we ...

7. "Telesales Consultant"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent working hours, great modern digital products, amazing bonus opportunity, 25 days annual leave per year plus public holidays and great ongoing sales training

Cons

Hard work, facilities could be better such as canteen areas, would like to see more career opportunities as opposes to progressing to management being the only option

Advice to Management

You have a tough job as outbound B2B is incredibly hard and I think you cope remarkably well. I have been fortunate enough to interact with people from multiple sites and it's evident that the Belfast office is head and shoulders above the rest. The senior manager is so approachable and down to earth, everyone speaks so highly of him. Let's have more of this across the board..

Yell2014-06-25