Yell Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 27 Feb 2020

3.6
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
Pros
Cons
  • "Can be long hours but what job isn't when you want to do it right and build a successful career(in 21 reviews)

• "No cons - highly recommended place to work(in 19 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great people, benefits and flexible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am trusted by my Manager to work flexibly, which for me often means working from home when I need to at little notice. This really helps with my work life balance! The business has been through a lot of change and we are starting to feel like a brand new company, and the buzz of excitement is contagious. We have a refreshed Senior Leadership Team and we are all excited for the future of the business. I work with some great people and the discount hub is great - I often get cheap cinema tickets and discount retail vouchers, which are nice.

Cons

In the Reading office we don't have parking which is a shame, but the train station is so close that it doesn't really matter!

Yell Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to learn that you feel trusted and have the ability to work flexibly, which suits you. We are aware that not all of our roles are able to have the same level as flexibility, but as a Company we are starting to move into this space and have recently introduced compressed hours and split shifts, as well as homeworking, to a team - which is great for them, and our customers!

2. "Shame Glasgow closed"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, fantastic bonus potential

Cons

Having to sometimes walk the 9 floors

Telesales Director

An exciting opportunity is back within the Glasgow area as Yell are recruiting a Virtual homeworking team. We are looking for experience sales people with digital market knowledge. Please go to our Careers page to apply. We would be excited to hear from you. https://careers.yell.com/

"Great Hours, Great Pay, High Pressure, Clicky Management"

I worked at Yell

Pros

Great Hours Great Bonuses Casual Wear Great Training Great Incentives Great People

Cons

The management team are all off the same conveyour belt and trained to beat you with a big stick until you do things. You can't approach management with any underlying issues or concerns as you are not taken serious enough. Far too clicky - all living out each others business, holidays together, nights out, living beside each other - Its like they are creating some sort of cult

Continue reading
  4. "Great training and plenty of time given for learning"

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

quality service well managed and great people to work with

Cons

none yet, i am sure they may be some soon.

Head of Talent

Thanks for the review! Its great that you are enjoying the service and making the most of our training opportunities. We are committed to developing each employee and hope that you carry on thriving within the business!

"Getting better"

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. For a large office it is very friendly with not many cliques. The work is interesting and very varied though targets are tough and you have to work hard. The salary is great for this area. There have been some major issues in the best and the pace of change is rapid. Recently they have brought in 2 new people as ops managers and they are listening and working really hard to get the best for the staff and create a good atmosphere.

Cons

for things to change the people at the top need to listen and there has been little evidence of any sustained attempt to do that. Targets are really tough and movement is sideways for the majority of people. There’s little career progression so good people will inevitably move on

Head of Talent

Thanks for your review. So pleased to hear that you are enjoying your working environment at Yell! We are currently re-designing our employee platforms that enables our colleagues to be able to voice opinions and influence within the business. We also have many new courses and programmes available that provide employees a chance to progress into management level roles. We will be sure to pass your comments onto Senior Management and wish you a long and happy career with us at Yell.

6. "Telesales Manager"

Current Employee - TeleSales Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great forward thinking company. Great products, great people. Very rewarding.

Cons

Nothing to add in this column

Director of Customer Operations

Thank you for your review! i will be sure to pass your lovely comments onto senior management! I wish you a long and happy career at Yell.

7. "It was true !!! Its a great company to work for..."

Current Employee - Telesales Account Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ok wow... 2weeks in so far and already won £250 and a brand new ipad as a incentive for reffering someone else... currently in training phase, and its very organised ans at a steady pace.. professional environment and the staff make you fee welcome and are very good at thier job for training others.. lovely office and great people.. i am loving it

Cons

Nothing so far at all and thats the honest truth !! Im only in training phase atm but since i have joined everything has been so smooth.. from applying, to phone interview, throughout interview phase and assesments till training, very impressed no cons so far

8. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I received Great training and worked Great people

Cons

We Had to work late one night a week to speak with businesses. Not required in this day & age

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, decent pay and good work/life balance.

Cons

The apatite to improve quickly leads to things being rushed.

Head of Customer Onboarding

Hi Thank you for contributing to our Glassdoor profile. I am pleased that you find Yell a great company to work for and that you currently have good work life balance within your role. Thank you also for your advice this will certainly be passed on. I agree with you that we have an appetite to move quickly, our market is competitive, and technology is fast paced which requires us to constantly improve and deliver. As you have rightly said though planning is important, and your comments around time and effort to deliver these changes will be considered. We wish you all the best with your continued career at Yell.

"Reviews don't tell the full story"

2.0

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

most of the staff are great people, who try to make work enjoyable and work hard with what products, skills and resources are available

Cons

sales - double glazing salesmen at the best (not always the sales teams fault) production - dont believe the recruitment ads, you are to be a grunt, trained on the minimum needed, you are not website designers, you fill in forms and off to India it goes to have a template filled out to your instructions. ever increasing targets that make no sense... i could go on and on. i implore and applicants to think again, this is not the employer they make themselves look.

Head of Customer Onboarding

Hi, First of all, thank you for your review and comments. I'm disappointed to hear that you are not enjoying your time at Yell, without knowing what department or role you are in it is difficult to respond to your specific concerns. If you’re still with us and feel this way, then I would encourage you to speak to your Manager or contact our ideas mailbox so that we can address things. In terms of your advice for management, I personally believe that we have an excellent product range that offers great value to our customers. We are working hard to improve our Net Promoter Score and if you have any feedback or ideas on how to achieve this then these would be gratefully received.

Found 23 reviews