Yell Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 9 Dec 2020

3.9
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
Pros
  • "They are very flexible, and a good work life balance(in 35 reviews)

• "fantastic working hours that allows me to balance my work and family life perfectly(in 27 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic Career"

Current Employee - Digital Sales Manager in Plymouth, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's like running your own business in that you are trusted to HIT target after creating your own plan on how to do it. Create recognition when you succeed

Cons

Very long hours which are not always reflected in your results.

2. "review to access"

Former Employee - Customer Service in London, England, England

I worked at Yell part-time

Pros

lots of opportunities provided, lots of communication

Cons

long hours relative to other companies

December 11, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are all certainly feeling the added pressure that this year has put on the world, given the uncertain times we are all living in with the global pandemic we are really pleased with how our employees have settled and accommodated so quickly with working from home. We do appreciate some peoples work load has increased and we will continue to offer you support through your Line Manager on how best to manage your time effectively.

3. "A total rollercoaster"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Digital Specialist in Scarborough, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary and benefits and the line managers are great

Cons

Absolutely zero work life balance. Long hours and constant stress.

November 20, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased you are happy with your salary, benefits and you mention our managers as being great which is really good to hear. It is a concern to hear you feel your work/balance and hours aren't suitable so I would recommend speaking to your Manager directly to see if he/she can help accommodate this better for you. Work/Life balance is a big part of every role at Yell so it is important to us that you feel you have this too.

4. "Good"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay team spirit and brand

Cons

Long hours, targets and future uncertainties

5. "Almost 24 years at Yell and still have so much passion for the company and my input. #morethanajob #proudtobeyell"

5.0
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Career, Progression, Earnings, Culture, People you work with. Autonomy within your role. If you want to do well and work hard ... then Yell is a place you can thrive at.

Cons

Can be long hours but what job isn't when you want to do it right and build a successful career. It's about having pride in what you do consistently.

February 18, 2020Telesales Director

It is really great to understand how you still feel after this many years at Yell, thank you for sharing.

6. "It’s hard but ... Great training, support and personal development"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England, England

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training Great colleagues Great manager. I will remain proud to have worked here.

Cons

Targets are tough but can be achieved with long hours. Hard for working mums to achieve. Male Manager heavy, With a female manager I often saw her bullied and or treated unfairly by her male colleagues.

Continue reading
  7. "Excellent company & outstanding training!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frome, England, England

I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was only with Yell for 6 months, before I had to leave due to a change in personal circumstances. Yell were supportive throughout and offer by far the best training in the industry.

Cons

None really, long hours but the monetary rewards are worth it!

Continue reading
  8. "Hard work but worth the effort !!"

Current Employee - Senior Digital Account Manager in London, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Uncapped earnings potential, own sales territories, nice BMW company car, iPhone 7, latest laptop and the benefits of working from home - I've been with Yell for over 20 years. In essence this job is what you put into it - focus, determination and resilience.

Cons

I've read a number of negative comments left by ex field account managers and agree the hours are tough, work/life balance is affected at times with long hours doing admin work etc. Targets are never going to be easy but if you don't put the effort in you won't see the results. Earnings are what you make them. I treat this job like it's my own business - it's down to relationship building with my clients, keeping a close eye on their marketing campaigns and sourcing & winning new clients.

Continue reading
  9. "Opportunity to earn is good"

in London, England, England

I have been working at Yell for more than 10 years

Pros

Open ended earnings opportunities. Superb Sales Training. Great people. Strong leadership team with clear goals and an aligned strategy so you always know what you need to do and why. Regular incentives.

Cons

Its a big ship so can be slow to turn around. Can be difficult to be heard within the many voices in a large organisation. Territory can be over an hour from home and long hours are often required

August 2, 2016Head of Talent Acquisition

We really appreciate such insight and feedback from our employees. It is great to see that you have been working at Yell for over 10 years and wish you every success in your career with us.

10. "South London Premise"

Current Employee - Premise in London, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am so happy in my role. The company is the best to work for, my team are truley wonderful, and my manager is an expert at what she does. Love it here!!

Cons

Long hours, but this is so that you are prepared for every call and understand each business fully. Making you the 'Top Gun' standard that Yell expect.

December 10, 2017Head of Customer Onboarding

Thank you for the review, it’s great to hear that you are enjoying your role with us and that you have a wonderful team and Manager. We understand that at times the working hours can be long but as you have stated, we work hard to ensure consistently good service for our customers and we are very appreciative of all employees that go the extra mile. We wish you the best of luck in your career with Yell!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews