Yell Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Dec 9, 2020

Found 23 of over 691 reviews

3.7
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
Pros
  • "They are very flexible, and a good work life balance(in 35 reviews)

• "fantastic working hours that allows me to balance my work and family life perfectly(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours relative to other companies(in 23 reviews)

• "Absolutely zero work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Fantastic Career

Jun 3, 2020 - Digital Sales Manager in Plymouth, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's like running your own business in that you are trusted to HIT target after creating your own plan on how to do it. Create recognition when you succeed

Cons

Very long hours which are not always reflected in your results.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

review to access

Dec 9, 2020 - Customer Service in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

lots of opportunities provided, lots of communication

Cons

long hours relative to other companies

Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are all certainly feeling the added pressure that this year has put on the world, given the uncertain times we are all living in with the global pandemic we are really pleased with how our employees have settled and accommodated so quickly with working from home. We do appreciate some peoples work load has increased and we will continue to offer you support through your Line Manager on how best to manage your time effectively.

3. The latest conversations about Advertising

249 Comments

Advertising

30K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Yell~14549
      Join the conversation on
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A total rollercoaster

Oct 20, 2020 - Digital Specialist in Scarborough, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and benefits and the line managers are great

Cons

Absolutely zero work life balance. Long hours and constant stress.

Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased you are happy with your salary, benefits and you mention our managers as being great which is really good to hear. It is a concern to hear you feel your work/balance and hours aren't suitable so I would recommend speaking to your Manager directly to see if he/she can help accommodate this better for you. Work/Life balance is a big part of every role at Yell so it is important to us that you feel you have this too.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good

Jun 4, 2020 - Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay team spirit and brand

Cons

Long hours, targets and future uncertainties

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Almost 24 years at Yell and still have so much passion for the company and my input. #morethanajob #proudtobeyell

Feb 5, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career, Progression, Earnings, Culture, People you work with. Autonomy within your role. If you want to do well and work hard ... then Yell is a place you can thrive at.

Cons

Can be long hours but what job isn't when you want to do it right and build a successful career. It's about having pride in what you do consistently.

Telesales Director

It is really great to understand how you still feel after this many years at Yell, thank you for sharing.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It’s hard but ... Great training, support and personal development

Sep 10, 2019 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training Great colleagues Great manager. I will remain proud to have worked here.

Cons

Targets are tough but can be achieved with long hours. Hard for working mums to achieve. Male Manager heavy, With a female manager I often saw her bullied and or treated unfairly by her male colleagues.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company & outstanding training!

Oct 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Frome, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was only with Yell for 6 months, before I had to leave due to a change in personal circumstances. Yell were supportive throughout and offer by far the best training in the industry.

Cons

None really, long hours but the monetary rewards are worth it!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Value & Earning Potential

Apr 17, 2018 - Digital Account Manager in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great earning potetnial / feel valued / freedom to manage territory in the way that works for me as long as I'm doing the job / good benefits / plenty of incentives

Cons

Long hours ... but if you want the big bucks :)

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Digital Account Director

Feb 2, 2018 - Digtal Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Induction training with Lots of support thereafter. Very strong product range with excellent proof of value tools.

Cons

Lots to juggle, Long hours and have to be committed to succeed

1 person found this review helpful

Head of Customer Onboarding

Thanks for your review and the positive feedback you have provided. It is clear that Yell is doing a lot of things right from your perspective, and that you are happy to be with us. I would completely agree that we have a strong product portfolio which is continually improving and growing, and this is an exciting time for us. In relation to your cons and advice to management thank you for providing this feedback, it is always useful to help us to continue to improve. You mentioned you have lots to juggle and the hours can be long. I appreciate that this is a fast-paced business with ambitious goals which can sometimes mean there is a lot to do. We are always appreciative of our employees that go the extra mile to achieve, but do make sure you give yourself time and permission to switch off and use the support of your manager and team. We wish you all the best with your continued career.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

South London Premise

Nov 15, 2017 - Premise in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am so happy in my role. The company is the best to work for, my team are truley wonderful, and my manager is an expert at what she does. Love it here!!

Cons

Long hours, but this is so that you are prepared for every call and understand each business fully. Making you the 'Top Gun' standard that Yell expect.

Head of Customer Onboarding

Thank you for the review, it’s great to hear that you are enjoying your role with us and that you have a wonderful team and Manager. We understand that at times the working hours can be long but as you have stated, we work hard to ensure consistently good service for our customers and we are very appreciative of all employees that go the extra mile. We wish you the best of luck in your career with Yell!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews