Yell Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 14 Jan 2021

3.9
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
Pros
  • "They are very flexible, and a good work life balance(in 35 reviews)

• "fantastic working hours that allows me to balance my work and family life perfectly(in 27 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Yell full-time

Pros

They are very flexible, and a good work life balance

Cons

There have been many changes of direction and constant change in the senior management.

February 17, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a positive review we really appreciate it. Wishing you success and happiness in your future career with us.

"hell"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Relationship Manager

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay is okay, work/life balance okay

Cons

micromanegement to the net level, managers throwing other managers under the buss, don't care abut their employees, paid peanuts for doing a lot, vieo training sessions and expecting people to become experts overnight after watching 2-3 videos

3. "Good company"

Former Employee - Yellow Pages in Leicester, England, England

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Commission, salary, benefits, management bonus

Cons

Work life balance is ok

February 17, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a review we appreciate your feed back. Wishing you happiness in success in whatever you are doing now.

4. "Pretty Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Reading, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great location Flexible homeworking Good work/life balance

Cons

All meaningful work has been outsourced

September 17, 2020Head of Recruitment

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We are pleased you feel you have flexible working and a good work life balance, a healthy work life balance is extremely important to use, given the current times even more so!

5. "Great people, benefits and flexible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am trusted by my Manager to work flexibly, which for me often means working from home when I need to at little notice. This really helps with my work life balance! The business has been through a lot of change and we are starting to feel like a brand new company, and the buzz of excitement is contagious. We have a refreshed Senior Leadership Team and we are all excited for the future of the business. I work with some great people and the discount hub is great - I often get cheap cinema tickets and discount retail vouchers, which are nice.

Cons

In the Reading office we don't have parking which is a shame, but the train station is so close that it doesn't really matter!

March 6, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to learn that you feel trusted and have the ability to work flexibly, which suits you. We are aware that not all of our roles are able to have the same level as flexibility, but as a Company we are starting to move into this space and have recently introduced compressed hours and split shifts, as well as homeworking, to a team - which is great for them, and our customers!

6. "Supportive Company"

Current Employee - L&D Consultant

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent team work, supportive with work/life balance and generally a really good environment to work in.

Cons

Corporate bonus scheme and benefits previously weren't great, however this year seem to have much more opportunity and much fairer in line with sales.

August 5, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are really pleased you are enjoying your career with us. Collaboration is one of our new values so it is great to hear team work as one of your pros! Our people make Yell an even more enjoyable place to work. We have recently changed and improved our Corporate bonus scheme to align with our new internal "Hartley Awards" and to make the bonus more substantial to our employees meaning there is a higher bonus earning potential for all. We are very excited to see our new scheme in action and to celebrate the success of our employees in the near future.

7. "A total rollercoaster"

Current Employee - Digital Specialist in Scarborough, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary and benefits and the line managers are great

Cons

Absolutely zero work life balance. Long hours and constant stress.

November 20, 2020Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased you are happy with your salary, benefits and you mention our managers as being great which is really good to hear. It is a concern to hear you feel your work/balance and hours aren't suitable so I would recommend speaking to your Manager directly to see if he/she can help accommodate this better for you. Work/Life balance is a big part of every role at Yell so it is important to us that you feel you have this too.

8. "Mixed review"

2.0
    Former Employee - DCSE in Scarborough, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

It has been a career stepping stone for me. Some team managers are extremely good at their jobs but don't receive the recognition deserved. Incentives were good at the beginning of my time here. The bonus scheme allows for extra earnings, although this is only paid two months after the end of the quarter.

Cons

No career progression inside of the company. Lack of manager support with some team managers. The work is monotonous. New starters are asked to leave a review within their training period, this is therefore not a balanced or accurate review of the company or the job. After coming back from long term sick leave, there was no support in returning to my role. After handing in my notice there was a lack of communication as to the winding down period, messages to the team manager regarding this were ignored. The job description did not accurately describe the job I have been doing, it was completely mis-sold. It is essentially a high-pressure call center environment where targets are key. The job offers little flexibility, despite being told at the interview process that they strongly believe in a work/life balance. I have consistently been made to feel as though I am disposable, ultimately opinions of lower level employees don't matter.

September 30, 2019Telesales Director

We appreciate your feedback. We are aware there was a period of recruitment for Scarborough when we were evolving the Onboarding role. We are now confident that the work we have done with the recruitment team and agencies, the job description is aligned to the role and call centre environment. Reviews are requested at certain intervals or milestones of peoples careers at Yell and it is people's own choice as to whether they feel comfortable and ready at any time to leave a review on Glassdoor. We also have many other ways that people can share how they are feeling e.g. focus groups, employee engagement surveys, or just talk to us, as it is important that our People feel valued.

"Great Place to work !!!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ive been working for yell for 17 years and couldnt imagine working anywhere else Career Opportunities, ive been lucky enough to work from home for 10 years, which helped with by work life balance and family Great Uncapped Bonuses very rewarding !!! Great Recognition Events The yell People ( Family :-) )

Cons

Targets can be stretching if having a long holiday but other than that nothing!

February 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to have you as a member of our team!

""Proud to work for Yell", certainly not"

1.0
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay can be good if you finally manage to hit targets, only a very few managers actually do The business events we have such as recent one are really good, very motivational.

Cons

There is a real lack of trust with the most senior managers in Yell, they say all the right things, but you know they are thinking something else We lurch from one saviour idea to another when it doesn't work, with pay changing all the time. There is so much favouritism, if you are not in the "gang" then you don't get on. When senior manager visits our team or larger meetings, they spend most of their time on their phone I find some of the conversations intimidating of late, as performance just isn't anywhere near targets, that's the same for all of us. Work life balance is out the window currently

November 1, 2019Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. Please speak to some-one within Yell to discuss how you are feeling, either through your line manager or HR services so we can help to support, as we recognise that we have evolved in your operation and which has meant changes to the Premise role. We are still recruiting in Telesales, as well as Premise once again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews