Yell Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 51 of over 691 reviews

3.7
Yell UK CEO  Claire Miles
Claire Miles
Pros
  • "They are very flexible, and a good work life balance(in 35 reviews)

• "fantastic working hours that allows me to balance my work and family life perfectly(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours relative to other companies(in 23 reviews)

• "Absolutely zero work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Jan 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are very flexible, and a good work life balance

Cons

There have been many changes of direction and constant change in the senior management.

Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a positive review we really appreciate it. Wishing you success and happiness in your future career with us.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Jan 14, 2021 - Yellow Pages in Leicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission, salary, benefits, management bonus

Cons

Work life balance is ok

Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a review we appreciate your feed back. Wishing you happiness in success in whatever you are doing now.

3. The latest conversations about Advertising

249 Comments

Advertising

30K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Yell~14549
      Join the conversation on
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A total rollercoaster

Oct 20, 2020 - Digital Specialist in Scarborough, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and benefits and the line managers are great

Cons

Absolutely zero work life balance. Long hours and constant stress.

Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased you are happy with your salary, benefits and you mention our managers as being great which is really good to hear. It is a concern to hear you feel your work/balance and hours aren't suitable so I would recommend speaking to your Manager directly to see if he/she can help accommodate this better for you. Work/Life balance is a big part of every role at Yell so it is important to us that you feel you have this too.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Pretty Good

Sep 11, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great location Flexible homeworking Good work/life balance

Cons

All meaningful work has been outsourced

Head of Recruitment

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We are pleased you feel you have flexible working and a good work life balance, a healthy work life balance is extremely important to use, given the current times even more so!

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

hell

Aug 28, 2020 - Customer Relationship Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay is okay, work/life balance okay

Cons

micromanegement to the net level, managers throwing other managers under the buss, don't care abut their employees, paid peanuts for doing a lot, vieo training sessions and expecting people to become experts overnight after watching 2-3 videos

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Supportive Company

Jul 15, 2020 - L&D Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team work, supportive with work/life balance and generally a really good environment to work in.

Cons

Corporate bonus scheme and benefits previously weren't great, however this year seem to have much more opportunity and much fairer in line with sales.

Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are really pleased you are enjoying your career with us. Collaboration is one of our new values so it is great to hear team work as one of your pros! Our people make Yell an even more enjoyable place to work. We have recently changed and improved our Corporate bonus scheme to align with our new internal "Hartley Awards" and to make the bonus more substantial to our employees meaning there is a higher bonus earning potential for all. We are very excited to see our new scheme in action and to celebrate the success of our employees in the near future.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, benefits and flexible

Feb 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am trusted by my Manager to work flexibly, which for me often means working from home when I need to at little notice. This really helps with my work life balance! The business has been through a lot of change and we are starting to feel like a brand new company, and the buzz of excitement is contagious. We have a refreshed Senior Leadership Team and we are all excited for the future of the business. I work with some great people and the discount hub is great - I often get cheap cinema tickets and discount retail vouchers, which are nice.

Cons

In the Reading office we don't have parking which is a shame, but the train station is so close that it doesn't really matter!

Yell Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to learn that you feel trusted and have the ability to work flexibly, which suits you. We are aware that not all of our roles are able to have the same level as flexibility, but as a Company we are starting to move into this space and have recently introduced compressed hours and split shifts, as well as homeworking, to a team - which is great for them, and our customers!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to work !!!

Feb 5, 2020 - Business Development Manager in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

ive been working for yell for 17 years and couldnt imagine working anywhere else Career Opportunities, ive been lucky enough to work from home for 10 years, which helped with by work life balance and family Great Uncapped Bonuses very rewarding !!! Great Recognition Events The yell People ( Family :-) )

Cons

Targets can be stretching if having a long holiday but other than that nothing!

1 person found this review helpful

Yell Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to have you as a member of our team!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Still Here 20 Years Later... Say No More

Feb 5, 2020 - Customer Relationship Manager in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Opportunities for promotion

Cons

The office environment needs improvement. Sometimes too cold, sometimes too hot and lifts have been poor but are improving

Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. It is important that people do have a work life balance so it's great to see if referenced in your review.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good commision

Dec 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy work life balance at this company

Cons

Pay scheme changes every quarter

Telesales Director

Work/life balance for our people is important to us as we want to provide flexibility in the workplace whether than is in one of our offices or at your home. It is great to hear that you are highlighting this as one of our pros.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews