Yelp Employee Reviews about "fully stocked kitchen"

Updated 20 Jul 2020

3.3
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,451 Ratings
Pros
  • "They offer a very good benefits program as well as free food and drink everyday(in 251 reviews)

• "Great Culture, Fun Environment, Great People(in 187 reviews)

Cons
  • "Calling business owners that have a negative set mindset about Yelp(in 229 reviews)

• "Sales are drive through cold calls, you'll need to have a growth mindset(in 76 reviews)

Reviews about "fully stocked kitchen"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great benefits, but job title doesn't match the pay"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager

I worked at Yelp full-time

Pros

Free health insurance from day 1 Fully stocked kitchen Lots of events/outings

Cons

Constantly adding job duties with no more pay Lack of transparency Lots of favoritism

2. COVID-19

"Fun but challenging place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Associate Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked with some of the coolest people I ever met, there's a fully stocked kitchen, managers are genuine and helpful, everyone is very welcoming and open to helping you. Also, casual wear is a nice perk too. Many good benefits too. It's an excellent work environment in my opinion.

Cons

Oh, it's a grind. There are many tough days. If you are not comfortable cold calling businesses, this job is not for you. I would've stayed with Yelp longer but COVID-19 had other plans. Otherwise I have nothing negative to say about Yelp.

Continue reading

"Not a fun job, but lots of benefits"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stocked kitchens, health care benefits, snazzy workplace, free coffee, great training, and managers and coworkers are very supportive.

Cons

Cold calling is the worst. I didn't realize how awful it would be until I did it. I cried a lot, and was in a very bad state while working this job.

4. "Great place to gain experience"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stocked kitchens PTO Great Benefits Meet great people

Cons

Job itself, it's not easy to cold call everyday but you can make a lot of money if you work hard

5. "Overall decent"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy going, good environment and great pay. Fully stocked kitchen and everything you Need

Cons

Rude business owners. Can be hectic at times.

March 4, 2020

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to Yelp! Sales at Yelp are fast-paced and calls for plenty of adaptation and flexibility. We're glad to have you on the team and are thankful for your feedback.

6. "Murky Future"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stocked kitchen, Health Care, Monthly Wellness Expense, Co-workers.

Cons

Questionable Product, Transparency Issues, Management.

February 27, 2020

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. It sounds like your relationship with your manager and leadership team could have been better during your time at Yelp. Please feel free to share details about your experience with our team at employeefeedback@yelp.com. We're working hard to make sure everyone feels good about the work they do and the people they work with, and your feedback counts!

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Perks are great, fully stocked kitchens, health stipend, great coworkers.

Cons

Prepare to be micromanaged. Every single call expect to get talked to about, even if they went well. The product is only going to work for businesses that already get business from Yelp, or people with more than 15 5 star reviews but most of the people it'll work for won't be willing to talk to you, so prepare to have managers breathing down your neck to scam smaller businesses that you KNOW it won't work for. There's a really high turnover rate, partially people who aren't cut for the job, partially people who can't handle the management style. You have random pointless meetings ALL the time, and it's not uncommon for a manager to pull you aside and tell you you're not trying. Management will send out floor wide emails detailing who is behind and who is ahead (it's always the same star players and if you listen to their calls you'll learn quickly the only way to get ahead here is to do some shifty stuff). PTO and sick days are generous but you're shamed into not using them. There is constant talk about the difference between not feeling well and being sick. But expect to get sick often here because it's a ton of people and you have to high five everyone when they close a deal. Overall the expectations are a bit unrealistic if you still want to abide by a moral code. I don't really feel good about myself after working here, I know I ripped a lot of people off and management doesn't care.

February 28, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your experience. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the people that you're working with and enjoying the perks of being on the team, however, it's not great that you're not seeing the value of your work or feeling supported in your role. Our management style at Yelp is very hands-on, and can understand how this may feel like micro-management. Our goal is to give as much support as possible to our sales team while they learn new sales skills and practice new tactics. This kind of management sometimes includes things like barging calls to assist with closing deals or managers having team check-ins multiple times per day to ensure everyone is on-track to achieve their goals. The Sales Development training that’s given to Account Executives during their first few weeks at Yelp teaches employees plenty of new skills. However, questionable work ethics and morals are not included in our sales playbook, nor do we tolerate this behavior at any time. Please lean on your leadership team and managers when you are having a hard time meeting your goals. They are here to provide support and help you meet your quota with ethical and moral sales tactics. We appreciate your feedback, feel free to email us with more details about your experience at employeefeedback@yelp.com. We're here to help make things better for your and improve the experience for everyone at Yelp. We're thankful to have you on the team!

8. "What An Experience"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the pros of working at Yelp in the NYC office is the amazing people you will meet. Everyone bonds over their individual suffering and it makes the days more bearable. Furthermore, they also offer free coffee, snacks, a fully stocked kitchen, and the employee benefits are pretty good as well.

Cons

If you're someone who is anxious, an addict, or has an obsessive personality; this may not be the place for you. The job is VERY mentally taxing, we're essentially being paid to harass people. When business owners do decide to listen and sign up for the ad program its a great accomplishment but the issue is getting them to listen to you that long. -Your manager can make or break your experience. -Panic attacks are a daily occurrence. -Base salary is low. -Lots of microaggressions. -HR is quick to fire you.

February 28, 2020

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're deeply sorry that your time at Yelp was anything but exciting. We know that the AE role is one of the tougher roles at Yelp, as you’re calling on many busy business owners. Cold calling is not an easy role at any company, and that’s why we work hard to make sure you feel supported and valued. It sounds like this wasn't the case during your time with us, and we will share your feedback with our leadership teams so we can keep making improvements. We're thankful for your time at Yelp and wish you the best of luck in your next role.

9. "A Company with a great culture that also requires you to work hard"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at Yelp for awhile and from the start I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. It is an outbound sales job (cold calling) you sell Ad spaces from Small to Mid Size businesses, the training is two months and after the training you either roll out together as a team or on a different team, just like every sales job it requires you to work hard, even though you are done training, the company still gives you training and resources to do better at your job, whether it's one on ones or group training. The job itself is hard however you do have a good work/life balance and you have a ton of resources especially employee resource groups that allows you to do other things outside of your day to day job. They have a fully stocked kitchen, great benefits and also really good team bonding experiences

Cons

The platform has changed a lot and its growing however most people see the platform as a "Review site" you tend to move to different managers or teams, it can be a good thing in a way but sometimes it may be the best for others

January 31, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that hard work pays off at Yelp! We're happy to hear that you've found a healthy work/life balance in your role and that you've found the support from the many Yelp Employee Resource Groups. We're so glad to have you on the team and can't wait to see all of the growth that 2020 will bring!

10. "."

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Yelp full-time

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen for meals

Cons

Consistent sales metrics hard to achieve, aggressive sales methods

January 2, 2020

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your feedback. In the Account Executive role, like in most other sales roles, metrics are an important measure of success, although we understand that sometimes it can be overwhelming to reach more challenging numbers. It can be helpful to remember that your manager is here to support you and provide additional support and coaching you may need to get you to a point where you feel confident in the work that you do every day. We encourage you to hang in there and to lean on your teammates and leadership. We're thankful to have you on the team and we can't wait to see how far your career at Yelp will take you!

Found 178 reviews