Yelp Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 1 Dec 2020

3.4
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,576 Ratings
Pros
  • "They offer a very good benefits program as well as free food and drink everyday(in 268 reviews)

• "Amazing culture and great people(in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • "Calling business owners that have a negative set mindset about Yelp(in 241 reviews)

• "Cold calls, talking to business owners who have never used a phone(in 78 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Company Review"

Current Employee - People Business Partner in London, England

I have been working at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture and great people

Cons

None so far, just a great work place

January 9, 2020

Thank you for your five-star feedback! Glad to hear that you're seeing the value of your work and enjoying your teammates. Can't wait to see how much more we will accomplish in 2020!

2. "Software Engineer @ Yelp"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Super friendly and easy-going work environment, flexible hours, great people and very nice office spaces.

Cons

I have not really found any until now.

"Account executive"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super energy in the offices, great people, constant attention to staff, attention to employee acomplishments.

Cons

Super salesy, commission and salaries not great as compared to their competitors. Slow progression within the organisation.

4. "It's in your hands"

Current Employee - Elite Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and culture, office perks are/were great

Cons

the cold calling nature, it is what it is

November 30, 2020

We appreciate your five-star feedback! It's great to hear that you're having a positive experience working here and that you're enjoying the group of folks that you are working with. We understand cold-calling can be challenging at times, and we always encourage you to lean on your manager so we can continue to provide additional support where it's needed. Your work here makes a positive impact, and we can't thank you enough for your contributions to the team. Keep up the great work, we are glad that you're here!

5. "Great place to start but don't stay too long"

Former Employee - User Operations Associate in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with, solid snack area, benefits were decent

Cons

Upper management was not receptive to ideas, no room for growth, a lot of favoritism was shown among associates, work became monotonous

December 4, 2020

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how things went. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your colleagues and benefited from the perks of being an employee here! We understand that there is always room for improvement within our company, and listening to the concerns and feedback of our employees is how change is made at Yelp. We're thankful that you've shared your feedback with us, and we'll be sure to pass it up to our leadership team so we can continue making Yelp a great place to work.

6. "High stress job"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Yelp full-time

Pros

great snacks, good music, great people

Cons

terrible management, high stress, cult like

November 2, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great that you enjoyed the many perks of working at Yelp, but are saddened to hear that your relationship with management could have been better. The managers at Yelp are passionate about the career growth of each individual here. Sometimes that can look like various one-on-one conversations throughout the day, and setting sales quotas that encourage people to continually improve. While this environment is inspiring for most, we understand that it may not be for everyone. We're thankful for your contributions to the team, and wish you the very best of luck in your next role.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Yelp full-time

Pros

Good culture and great people! Its super fun working here

Cons

Salary is so horrible. The benefits are not good at all.

October 23, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad you're finding great people in your team and having fun doing the work every day. We create a pay structure that's at market-value. That means we strive to offer world-class benefits to our employees and focus on total compensation. This includes stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401k matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. All told, our compensation package is competitive in all of our markets and is based on what our employees value most - total rewards. We encourage you to have an open conversation with your manager about some of your expectations so we can find ways to meet them. We're thankful for your contributions to the team, keep up the great work!

"Awesome people but worst job in history"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

they hire great people and there are lots of snacks but don't be fooled

Cons

getting paid minimal money to scam and ruin peoples bank accounts and lives

October 23, 2020

We're thankful that you shared your experience with us. It's great to hear you enjoyed your co-workers and enjoyed the free snacks in the Yelp offices before COVID-19. However, we are saddened and concerned to hear that you felt unethical behavior was necessary to get ahead at Yelp. We provide in-depth training and coaching for all of our Account Executives, and this type of behavior is not in our sales playbook. We invite you to share more about your experience with us at employeefeedback@yelp.com so that we can look into this further. We'll be sure to pass up your feedback to our leadership team so we can keep making improvements. Your contributions to the team are appreciated, best of luck in your next role!

9. COVID-19

"Highs and lows"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Really what brings everyone back every day. Commission payouts can be great if you are a really consistent rep. Office culture was nice before we were moved to WFH with COVID.

Cons

Very monotonous job. Room for growth is pretty limited. You either are front line sales, or you manage other reps. When you're not closing deals, things can be really rough. Culture became pretty lost once WFH/Covid started. The empathy for not closing during covid was existent. I really feel like the handling of employees in covid was bad. Letting thousands of people go at the snap of a finger. Then really crashing down on reps when a lot of businesses were not able to buy ads during covid.

September 18, 2020

We appreciate your honest and thorough feedback! It sounds like things were great when our teams were in an office, and some of the great camaraderie might have been lost during the transition to a work from home environment. We acknowledge things are different when our teams aren't physically together and are instead meeting on video calls from home. Our Culture team has gone to work to create virtual learning events and new opportunities where our teams can spend time together virtually. We're still working through the challenges these quick work from home transitions demanded as a result of COVID-19, but rest assured, it's a priority for us to ensure that teams feel connected, even virtually. We're thankful for your feedback and plan to continue listening to the individual needs of our employees so we can support them as much as possible. We appreciate your contributions to the team and wish you the very best of luck in your next role.

10. "OK for a recent college grad"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Yelp full-time

Pros

Great people, good benefits, communication skills

Cons

Some employees/management were pretty delusional about what the job really is. Too much emphasis placed on making disks instead of on development and quality work.

September 18, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. One of the best parts of Yelp's culture is the fact that we take time to celebrate even the smallest of wins. Sometimes that looks like giving a high five to someone who just had a tough call, and other times it means your team walking up to watch you hit the gong after you closed a deal! While this environment is exciting and inspiring for most, we understand it's not for everyone. We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 194 English Reviews