Yelp Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 198 of over 3,697 reviews

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,820 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fun culture, free food, good money(in 277 reviews)

• "Amazing culture and great people(in 199 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Uphill battle having to constantly convince business owners that Yelp is not this corrupt monster of a company(in 248 reviews)

• "All cold calls, lots of burnout(in 80 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Yelp

Join the conversation on

Tech

3m

works at

Yelp

At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?

5 Comments

Tech

81.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Yelp~43314
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company Review

Jan 8, 2020 - People Business Partner in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture and great people

Cons

None so far, just a great work place

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! Glad to hear that you're seeing the value of your work and enjoying your teammates. Can't wait to see how much more we will accomplish in 2020!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Software Engineer @ Yelp

Jun 16, 2019 - Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly and easy-going work environment, flexible hours, great people and very nice office spaces.

Cons

I have not really found any until now.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Account executive

Oct 3, 2016 - Account Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super energy in the offices, great people, constant attention to staff, attention to employee acomplishments.

Cons

Super salesy, commission and salaries not great as compared to their competitors. Slow progression within the organisation.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

A Great Place to Build a Huge Sales Network

Jan 7, 2021 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you do well you can go far and make a decent amount. The sales culture is young and people are full of energy. Being with them is super fun and you are able to meet a ton of really great people and develop and extensive network in the tech sales industry.

Cons

It's the same thing everyday. Talk with lots of angry people because the reputation of the company precedes it, and almost everyone you call has been called many times. It's usually a hard sell.

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are glad that Yelp provided many opportunities for you to network and meet new people. Sales is definitely a challenging role, mainly due to the large amount of rejection that's expected anywhere you do it. While many people find this exciting and rewarding, we understand it may not be for everyone. Yelp is lucky to have some of the most talented minds in the industry (just like you) working here, and we are thankful for your hard work and contributions to the team.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

You get in what you put in

Jan 5, 2021 - Senior Elite Strategic Client Director III
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great people, great commision

Cons

base pay is low, career advancement tapers off

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback! It sounds like you're having an overall positive experience at Yelp and seeing the value of your work. We encourage all employees to have a conversation with their manager about their career goals and aspirations so that we can support you in the best way possible. Quarterly Conversations are just around the corner, so take advantage of this time to share those goals with your manager! We're thankful for your contributions to the team over the last 5-7 years, keep up the great work!

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Decent job for the time being but keep looking at better opportunities

Jan 18, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lunch, Health Insurance, Partys, Great People, Place to really grow and test your persuasion skills

Cons

Low pay, hard product to sell, no room for growth

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

stressful work environment

Jan 14, 2021 - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people, fun teams, cool office

Cons

stressful, no positive feedback, never satisfied

8. 2.0

Not worth it

Jan 11, 2021 - Account Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meet great people, great benefits

Cons

essentially a sweat shop with management that has too much of an ego. dying company.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's in your hands

Nov 22, 2020 - Elite Account Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and culture, office perks are/were great

Cons

the cold calling nature, it is what it is

Yelp Response

We appreciate your five-star feedback! It's great to hear that you're having a positive experience working here and that you're enjoying the group of folks that you are working with. We understand cold-calling can be challenging at times, and we always encourage you to lean on your manager so we can continue to provide additional support where it's needed. Your work here makes a positive impact, and we can't thank you enough for your contributions to the team. Keep up the great work, we are glad that you're here!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start but don't stay too long

Dec 1, 2020 - User Operations Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, solid snack area, benefits were decent

Cons

Upper management was not receptive to ideas, no room for growth, a lot of favoritism was shown among associates, work became monotonous

1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how things went. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your colleagues and benefited from the perks of being an employee here! We understand that there is always room for improvement within our company, and listening to the concerns and feedback of our employees is how change is made at Yelp. We're thankful that you've shared your feedback with us, and we'll be sure to pass it up to our leadership team so we can continue making Yelp a great place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Reviews