Yieldify Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Oct 26, 2020

Found 4 of over 90 reviews

4.4
Yieldify CEO Waleed Al-Atraqchi
Waleed Al-Atraqchi
Pros
  • "Great people and a really friendly working atmosphere(in 9 reviews)

• "Great team who support each other on a daily basis(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You can find yourself pulling long hours at busier times but hey that’s the nature of the industry(in 6 reviews)

• "When having meetings with investors, I booked a meeting room only to have senior management take my slot for an 'investor meeting'(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Rebuilt the product and ran the company into the group

Oct 26, 2020 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people that really cared about the success of the business who you can socialise with. Early finish on a Friday with some drinks and nibbles.

Cons

The leadership did not know what they were doing and it seemed to be a revolving door of senior management until it got to the point they were promoting unqualified people into these positions (presumably to keep costs down as they're haemorrhaging cash). Constant change to the product and team structure but without consulting those that use the platform on a daily basis. Resulted in the wrong decisions being made and key personnel and customers leaving. Spent all their cash on lawsuits to defending stealing IP from BounceX until they needed emergency funding and went through 3 redundancy rounds in 3 years.

9 people found this review helpful

CEO

Feedback is an invaluable tool that allows us to reflect and take action, so thank you for taking the time. We are extremely proud of the tight knit community that is Yieldify. The culture and kind nature of Yieldify employees is something that sticks with our leavers, and we will continue to nurture this. Yieldify presents fantastic opportunities for fast progression to employees who are dedicated to the success of the company. This is something that we are proud of and try to keep watertight from the get-go, as we do not just hire talent due to past experience but also innate ability to succeed. However, no consideration for promotion is ever taken lightly, and I can assure you that all promotions are based on merit rather than cost. The turbulence of 2020 has hit all businesses hard. This has resulted in some difficult decisions being made in terms of team structure, and also a reflection on the direction of the product. However, we are delighted to say that we are in an exciting position as we move into 2021! The team is growing and so is our roadmap. Thank you again for your feedback, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours - Yieldify

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wowee, what a company

Aug 12, 2019 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people in general were nice. It was a work hard, party hard environment. We were all friends - in fact several of us ex-yieldify people work together in other companies now, and there are non-official summer parties for previous staff.

Cons

Erm, base salary was very low and then commission was £19 a quarter!! Luckily this was sorted out after 6-9 months, and commission became a percentage of what we brought in, not what our base salary was. It was truly pathetic in terms of wages. There was no progression at all. Was bullied by a colleague, complained about him and nothing happened and I was forced to work with him. They hung up my phone during a call with them and a client (literally walked over to my desk and did that). Their behaviour was awful. I had the misfortune of working with a few...characters.. people came up to me and congratulated me when they left the company/relocated as I would no longer have to work with them. Run by incompetent 'yes' men. Meelan and Jay were like dumb and dumber, wanted to have a cult rather than a business. When having meetings with investors, I booked a meeting room only to have senior management take my slot for an 'investor meeting'. Despite their meeting being private, they left GV (google ventures) on a public invite so everyone could see, and then got annoyed when I told them (and only them). Company got sued TWICE for stealing IP from BounceX, resulting in a third of the company being let go, company was then told they'd be ok but more redundancies followed - Porto office, Munich office, Brazil, more UK office redundancies, Oz office too... Here, a massive failure was Jay's insistence on hiring loads of people so yieldify could become the fastest growing start up...only to then not have the revenue to pay these staff and having to lay them off. Revenue would've been a better metric. Managers were only happy to help you and promote you if you went out and smoked or drank G&Ts with them. No opportunities if you weren't a drinker/smoker. Promotions were not based on performance. Managers promoted their friends who had been there less than a year, then promptly informed everyone else that to be promoted you had to be there for 12 months as the policy had now changed. They held our reviews at 11 months and said we weren't eligible and would have to wait until next review in a year's time. Friends of the founders would sometimes come in on Friday evenings and have beers with us and some of them were incredibly creepy and entitled men who I had to tell to back off. Working hours were 9-6.30. We were then told we could leave if we finished our work before then; if we got up to leave, managers said we couldn't leave. They generously told us working hours were being reduced to 9-6. I worked out my hourly rate once, it was £8.10, below London Living Wage.

18 people found this review helpful

181 Comments

Tech

34.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Yieldify~943447
      Join the conversation on
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to learn, good people

Mar 22, 2016 - Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good people - dynamic environment - opportunity to learn a lot

Cons

- product development too slow - some of the senior management people are not approachable

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your valuable feedback - Yieldify People & Culture team

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

A mistake.

Apr 4, 2015 -  in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I began working there, the people were the best thing about it. Gradually those people left as the reality of the technology became clear - it exists to take advantage of customers, not serve them.

Cons

Heavy handed management who bring their issues to work Non functional technology Colleagues that worked in client facing roles having to lie to clients that the product worked. 9-6:30 for minimal pay No culture to speak of, apart from a blame culture. Anything that went wrong had to be someones fault; when things are going well, only the highest senior management were responsible.

26 people found this review helpful

Recruiter and Talent Brand

I read this review with a heavy heart, and hope that you still have the positive relationships with your ex-colleagues that you spoke of. Building a team and a company is never going to be easy, and we’ve made many mistakes along the way. I’m so thankful for feedback from our teams so that I can reflect and improve our operations. I want to let you know that we’ve been working hard to improve our product and our culture, and I can comfortably say we’ve come a long way (and still have further, but adapting is our priority at every level). Thank you again for your feedback, and for being a part of our team when we still had far to go. – Jay Radia (CEO)

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews