YouView Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

Found 5 of over 78 reviews

4.4
YouView CEO Susie Buckridge
Susie Buckridge
Pros
  • "YouView actually really cares about its employees(in 11 reviews)

• "I really enjoy the collaborative working environment and most of all the people I work with(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "At the time there were pressures from the company being run by competing shareholders(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 17, 2019 - TA Lead in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined YouView as I had the opportunity to build a function from scratch as well as a team. I am hugely passionate about Talent Acquisition and YouView has given me the opportunity to spread my wings. I really enjoy the collaborative working environment and most of all the people I work with. It's a very inclusive environment where you can be your total self. We are a really sociable company and therefore our social committee put on some great events for everyone to enjoy such as board game evenings, music night, religious celebrations. Flexible working is embraced and people are given the autonomy to excel in their role.

Cons

I really don't have any

Be the first to find this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you very much for your feedback, appreciated.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment and people! I actually enjoy coming in to work

May 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, fantastic people! I enjoy going to the office each day because we have so much fun. Lots of social events - games nights, health and wellbeing, cultural nights to celebrate. Although if you prefer not to participate you are not forced to. You get treated like a human being. I'm always encouraged to learn and take courses available.

Cons

Salary could be a bit higher but this would be the case everywhere you go.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you very much for your feedback, appreciated.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Careful what you wish for

Mar 31, 2019 - Delivery Project Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great location and working environment

Cons

Not very inclusive organisation

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We take feedback very seriously and work to address any issues.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Sep 26, 2017 - Technologist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at YouView for more than 2 years. It is a great company to work for because you are a person not a number. Friendly and competent people which you get to know beyond a formal work environment via different activities (like running, lunches) organized by each team and by the company. The workflow is agile with separate scrum teams each relating to major areas of the broadcast industry, like UI, data gathering and supporting top quality content providers in the TV and online video space, through its numerous partnerships. Selection: initial call with recruiter, then second phone screening, in person interview, then offered contract. Interview process with some technical questions, programming test with coding and/or whiteboard, then talk with team leader and successively with the rest of the team.

Cons

Because it has partnerships with major broadcasters, content providers, hardware manufacturers, it is a complex ecosystem which at times requires external actions and timelines to complete, so it is more unpredictable to estimate.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on what it's like to work at YouView.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Greatly fulfilling and worth the effort

Mar 26, 2014 - Software Engineer In Test in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best things about working at YouView are the working environment, the people in the company and their way of doing things, and the company's culture and values. Because they have such an open-minded culture, you can feel free to have a chat with anyone in the whole company. Your opinion is always taken into account and learning (personal development, besides work) is encouraged by line managers.

Cons

It can be incredibly challenging to track down issues with the set-top-boxes (the product). On the other hand, this can be considered as a pro by some people.

Be the first to find this review helpful