YouView Employee Reviews about "youview"

Updated Apr 3, 2021

Found 9 of over 78 reviews

4.4
YouView CEO Susie Buckridge
Susie Buckridge
Pros
  • "YouView actually really cares about its employees(in 11 reviews)

• "I really enjoy the collaborative working environment and most of all the people I work with(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "At the time there were pressures from the company being run by competing shareholders(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "youview"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Apr 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a really strong inclusive culture at YouView where people are individuals and not numbers. Ideas are actively sought and listened to.

Cons

The company is small and is not the best payer in the market.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall Great place to work

Jan 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

YouView actually really cares about its employees. As a result everybody is incredibly nice, there are a lot of both company and employee led social events. Overall, very comfortable environment to work in.

Cons

Very little career progression due to the company not growing.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 17, 2019 - TA Lead in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined YouView as I had the opportunity to build a function from scratch as well as a team. I am hugely passionate about Talent Acquisition and YouView has given me the opportunity to spread my wings. I really enjoy the collaborative working environment and most of all the people I work with. It's a very inclusive environment where you can be your total self. We are a really sociable company and therefore our social committee put on some great events for everyone to enjoy such as board game evenings, music night, religious celebrations. Flexible working is embraced and people are given the autonomy to excel in their role.

Cons

I really don't have any

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you very much for your feedback, appreciated.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working culture, inclusive, agile

Aug 16, 2019 - Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Best team I've worked so far, very positive people around you makes you comfortable from day one. - Constantly taking employee feedback and adjust office environment. - Youview takes employee concern very seriously and fix it. - Encouraging new ideas and adaptation. By organising YouDay, Bear and Demos etc. - Cycle2Work, Shower rooms fully equipped with dryer.

Cons

There are some general issue which are very minor IMO.

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you very much for your feedback, appreciated.

5. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great interview process, great environment and people.

Jun 1, 2019 - Technology Internship in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

YouView has been, single-handedly, one of the most significant companies I interacted with. Great people, great team, and a fantastic HR. From day one, they treated me with respect and professionally. They were extremely flexible in accommodating times that would suit me and always tried to create a relaxed environment. Their interview process was nothing but a treat with human contact since the beginning. Their interview questions were not trying to "trip you up" but instead offered me plenty of opportunities to let them show my qualities and interests. Their offices are located in the heart of London and offer you all the resources you could ever need to succeed. Fantastic team of people!

Cons

I am yet to experience any "cons".

6. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

It's the nice place to work at.

Aug 15, 2018 - Technology in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working at Youview. While applying they were so nice to reimburse me my travel cost and gave me the tour of the office on the day of the interview. Luckily, I was accepted, and I found the working atmosphere and the people there so friendly. Everyone was willing to support me, in particularly, I learned a great deal from people in my team, all of them were eager to help me and made sure that I am satisfied, and was exposed to different technologies working on different projects. And my manager was so helpful and would put pressure on me at all. In addition, the social life, is good, you can go chat with anyone and grab a cup of coffee at the office, and if you like soccer, there is a football team that plays every week you can join, and there were other social activities that connected us with other people outside of my working team. Overall, I think Youview is a best place to work at and I would recommend to consider of applying there. I will be looking forward to applying there too in the future!

Cons

I don't have any complaints working there.

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, appreciated.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Sep 26, 2017 - Technologist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at YouView for more than 2 years. It is a great company to work for because you are a person not a number. Friendly and competent people which you get to know beyond a formal work environment via different activities (like running, lunches) organized by each team and by the company. The workflow is agile with separate scrum teams each relating to major areas of the broadcast industry, like UI, data gathering and supporting top quality content providers in the TV and online video space, through its numerous partnerships. Selection: initial call with recruiter, then second phone screening, in person interview, then offered contract. Interview process with some technical questions, programming test with coding and/or whiteboard, then talk with team leader and successively with the rest of the team.

Cons

Because it has partnerships with major broadcasters, content providers, hardware manufacturers, it is a complex ecosystem which at times requires external actions and timelines to complete, so it is more unpredictable to estimate.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on what it's like to work at YouView.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

PA

Oct 9, 2015 - Personal Assistant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Youview has a great people culture and encourages people to come together no matter what their role is. I like that Youview cares about its employee's, I haven't experience this before. The view from the office is also amazing!

Cons

Being based in the city can be a little hectic

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Greatly fulfilling and worth the effort

Mar 26, 2014 - Software Engineer In Test in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best things about working at YouView are the working environment, the people in the company and their way of doing things, and the company's culture and values. Because they have such an open-minded culture, you can feel free to have a chat with anyone in the whole company. Your opinion is always taken into account and learning (personal development, besides work) is encouraged by line managers.

Cons

It can be incredibly challenging to track down issues with the set-top-boxes (the product). On the other hand, this can be considered as a pro by some people.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews