Younique Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Jun 2019

Found 111 reviews

3.5
Derek Maxfield
Pros
  • "Being able to work from home and the compensation is incredible(in 8 reviews)

• "We are a mission-first organization, focused on uplifting, empowering and validating women(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Items sometimes go on backorder or out of stock for a short time(in 4 reviews)

• "Meine Upline aus UK war irgendwann weg(in 4 reviews)

1. "Younique Presenter Review"

Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Melksham, England

I have been working at Younique part-time for less than a year

Pros

I absolutely love Younique, low start up cost of only £69, amazing kit with makeup and samples, free website, free training (worth £8k), the support is amazing and the other Y-sisters are so uplifting. ❤

Cons

Free makeup, new friends made, family life balance, no more 9-5, incentives & free trips 🙌

Younique2019-03-11

"This company is changing lives"

Current Employee - Younique Presenter in Manchester, England

I have been working at Younique full-time for more than a year

Pros

Low start up £69 - includes an amazing kit & all business tools you will need like own website, back office & support. Work from home or anywhere, great support network of other Y-sisters, all building each other up. Paid within 3 hours of a sale, unlimited earning potential. Build confidence, self-esteem & make friends.

Cons

You will earn lots of free makeup. Trip incentives. No boss, so must be self motivated. Must create good habits like doing daily personal development.

Younique2017-07-05
  3. "Marvellous"

Current Employee - Presenter in Bridgend, Wales

I have been working at Younique part-time

Pros

You can make at least 20% on makeup sales and earn half price items too! A few regular customers and you'll never have to pay for makeup yourself again. Great!

Cons

Not a con really but you get out what you put in. Daily commitment needed but only 15 mins of posting spread out through the day

Younique2017-05-28
  4. "Presenter"

I have been working at Younique full-time

Pros

Amazing uplifting company, fantastic mission

Cons

Personally none, really fantastic company

Younique2016-11-10

"Younique rep"

Former Employee - Retail Assistant in Thetford, England

I worked at Younique for more than a year

Pros

You get to test the products yourself and meet new people

Cons

You pay out money to join which you do eventually earn back but you have to have it upfront to join. Friends loose interest once they purchase goods and being in a small town once you recruit people who also recruit people it's hard to get buyers locally and have to go further afield as now my town has loads of reps with most friends in common .

Advice to Management

If your product is that amazing you should give your reps sample tester kits to show people or monthly give them a product free for their kits to share with potential customers . And stop charging for the catalogues as that's silly money!

Younique2016-10-18

"It's not about the makeup"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England

I worked at Younique for more than a year

Pros

Some very nice makeup, mascara is great

Cons

it is about recruiting others

Younique2016-07-12
  7. "Not worth it"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lehi, UT
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Younique full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people. Stand for equality and diversity. Have a great and fairly affordable cafe. Great benefits if you are able to get them. Temps and part timers will not have access to these benefits.

Cons

Force you to be full time, but send you home whenever they want, sometimes even after only working 5 hours an entire week. Treat their Temps terribly. 90 day evaluation period for temp employees to be hired on turned out to be 7-8 months. Promise pay raises happen quickly but they don't. You cant get pay raises or benefits as a full time temp employee even after almost a year. The pay is about 12 an hour. Training is...

Younique2019-06-20
  8. "Dont Join"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at Younique full-time for more than a year

Pros

salon, gym, and cafeteria (the food is not that great but it is better than nothing)

Cons

Management is horrible, if you put in your notice to leave you will loss all of your PTO hours (no PTO payouts), they wont match competitive salaries, releases every other weekend, and no career progression.

Advice to Management

try to be more competitive to keep people around

Younique2019-06-15

"Was Amazing but Layoffs Uncovered Big Problems"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Lehi, UT
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Younique full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are plenty of perks, and most of the people I've worked with have been excellent. Up until the layoffs, I was empowered to contribute in significant ways to the vision and direction of the projects I've been involved with. I had a lot of autonomy and felt trusted to get the job done the way I felt was best. This level of trust and freedom has unequivocally been the greatest perk of the job, and it's something...

Cons

I'd agree wholeheartedly with the comments from the previous software developer who commented - the layoffs were certainly politically motivated. It wasn't hard to notice that some of those laid off in our department had legitimate disagreements with upper management. I should note that these were legitimate disagreements on strategy and vision, not personality conflicts. The dissenters weren't mean or hostile (on...

Advice to Management

Listen to your people! They have valuable insights! Remember that they were hired for a reason. Don't toss them or their ideas aside. You do so only at the peril of your business. Be particularly tuned in to disagreements on vision and strategy, and work hard to find a third way that everyone can agree on. Bring unity by letting the best ideas float to the top naturally. Don't throw out good ideas for no good reason.

Younique2019-05-10
  10. "Younique"

I have been working at Younique full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are great and everyone is doing their best to keep up

Cons

A lot of changes happening and it can be confusing to have correct information to be successful

Younique2019-04-17