Zühlke Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.4
Zühlke CEO Fabrizio Ferrandina
Fabrizio Ferrandina
Pros
Cons
  • "Lohn ein wenig tiefer als bei Konkurrenz(in 4 reviews)

• "Not the same benefits as locations in Europe(in 3 reviews)

1. "An excellent company to work for with fantastic oppurtunities"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in London, England

I worked at Zühlke full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great opportunities to work on a wide range of projects in all sorts of industries. I had the opportunity to work in startups to mega corporations building systems used by millions, I worked in several industries from medical, IoT, finance and global banking. Zuhlke has excellent engineers passionate about their craft, I learnt a huge amount from my colleagues and this has massively improved my career prospects. ... The people you work with care about what they do and are great people that you want to spend your free time with. They offer a comprehensive benefits package with PMI, Critical illness, 25 training days, a dedicated training budget, company off sites, flexible working hours, generous pension and company bonus. In addition to all of that they genuinely care about their employees and were always there for me when I needed a little extra help.

Cons

Base salaries could be a little more competitive, sometimes took a while to leave a project when I was ready for a new challenge

Advice to Management

Keep fostering the great culture you have.

Zühlke2019-09-18
  2. "Excellent people, culture and atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Zühlke full-time for more than a year

Pros

Skilled and knowledgable colleagues, work culture that enables excellent collaboration and learning

Cons

Not really have a say in the projects undertaken, so one needs to be lucky to work on good ones.

Advice to Management

Involve more than just top management in finding projects and deciding team composition. Can sometimes feel a gap between consultants and management.

Zühlke2019-09-08

"Review of 15 Oct 2017 remains true (London office)"

Current Employee - Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Zühlke full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are still nice. Best colleagues. Probably a good place if you are just starting or you get a Lead role.

Cons

Some big management players control most of the decisions. Nicer management struggle to keep employees happy and make changes. Projects are selected for the money they make, not because they are what engineers want to work on. Training budget is not yours! Payment of camp is almost one third of this budget! They don't tell you this upfront. Very difficult to get promoted unless you are buddies with the big boys.

Advice to Management

Many people are unhappy. Find work your engineers want to do or they will leave. Be upfront about the training budget. Pay better salaries.

Zühlke2018-05-20

"A good place after graduation"

Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Zühlke full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of training time Very agile approach on projects Incredibly friendly colleagues Opportunities to travel Can be on some interesting projects (and some less interesting) but that's part of being a consultant! Great equipment to work with

Cons

Think I met my line manager once in 3-4 months? And never to discuss how I was doing. Lack of any recognition for work done

Advice to Management

Keep tracks of employees more and organise more frequent meetings with them. The "open door policy" doesn't really work when everyone is always busy.

Zühlke2018-01-28

"Good for a career start"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Zühlke full-time

Pros

Very good training scheme Friendly atmosphere Projects change quite often

Cons

Not competitive salary / bonuses

Zühlke2018-01-16

"An Outstanding Company."

Current Employee - Finance in London, England

I have been working at Zühlke full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many! But to name a few: 1. Everyone at the organisation are super friendly, engaging and offer their advice and support if you ever you need it. 2. The organisation puts their faith and trust in you right at the very beginning. This gives me the confidence and motivation to perform as well as I possibly can. 3. This is the first company I've worked for where you're allowed to make mistakes!... This is crazy?! Providing that you learn from your mistakes and find ways to become more efficient over the long-term, it's a win-win for everybody. 4. When the recruitment agency tried to sell me this position, she almost fell of her chair! In her years in recruitment, this is the only company she discovered that gives you plenty of study days to prepare for your exams so you needn't worry about diving into your annual leave allowance. To summarise, I've worked for Bloomberg, WestLB and British Airways and none of these companies comes close to offer you these service bundles to help you in your career.

Cons

None! If you're ambitious and the skies are the limit, this is the company for you. There is a real effort to make everyone feel special and at home. Sure, not every day will work out the way you want it to but that's life! There are always going to be unexpected curve balls and other external influences, which you simply need to deal with and frankly, are outside the control of this company. If that's the... type of 'hands-on' experience you’re after then you’ve come to the right place. This is a company, which is growing year by year so don’t miss out on your opportunity especially if they singled you out from hundreds of CVs. Best of luck.

Advice to Management

None.

Zühlke2017-10-18

"(London office) Nice people, bad management, very low salaries"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Zühlke full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Colleagues have always been very friendly and a good company in and out the office - There is a good culture around Agile methodologies

Cons

- bad customers and very boring projects: they try hard to get startup-like innovative projects, but the true is that what pays their bills in the end are customers in banking or insurance industries where you work with outdated technologies, overwhelmed by bureaucracy and politics. Very frustrating and you often feel like wasting your time. - salaries under industry standards: you really have to fight hard to get... a fair compensation. You are asked to work longer hours than average (8,5h a day lunch break excluded) but paid less than industry standards unless you are very good at negotiating. Since they bill the customer good money for your work at the end of the month this can be very annoying. - difficult rotation: small company, few customers.. so if you don't like the project assigned to you, you have to wait for a long time to be moved out.

Advice to Management

Make a choice: if you want to stay in the business with boring projects for some bad customer, just hire unambitious people with low skills, if you want to keep hiring smart people who want to grow then you need to choose more carefully your customers and pay your employee what they are worth. Very disappointed by the CEO of London Wolfgang Emmerich. Instead of listening to the opinions of his employees and... trying to improve things for real he just gives his sale speech to them presenting an image of the company that is far away from the reality.

Zühlke2017-10-15
  8. "A great company to work for"

Project Manager

I have been working at Zühlke

Pros

Great people, extremely high level A management that believes and help you in your career path Company based on strong values and culture Top clients and projects Friendly environment Bonus, training budget

Cons

It still a growing company in the UK

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people and company culture

Zühlke2017-02-07

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Zühlke full-time for less than a year

Pros

- excellent training opportunities - friendly, multicultural environment - extremely bright and talented colleagues - great, relaxed atmosphere - very skilled senior management - flexibility and good work/life balance - great company values and vision

Cons

- little strategically oriented non-technical career models

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to invest in employee development!

Zühlke2016-10-26
  10. "A company that cares about her people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Singapore

I have been working at Zühlke full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Monthly Employee Day (Sharpen skills through focus groups and other festive events) - Smart and helpful colleagues - Multicultural - Yearly camp - Management and organizer of events take in feedback (via retros) and implement improvements as best as they could. (At least that is how I feel) - Coding nights - Training budget

Cons

- The range of projects could be more. - Addition interviews before entering customer projects. - You may be placed in a customer location that is far from where you reside.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in being transparent to employees. The honesty is greatly appreciated.

Zühlke2019-11-13