ZAG Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

1.8
Tara Burke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They make it an interesting place to work with beach days, massages, a snack bar etc (in 4 reviews)

• You can definitely be yourself at ZAG (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • How this Steve Curtis guy got E&Y award is a shame to E&Y selection committee (in 10 reviews)

• Stay away, I was lucky to get out early - immediately after I left, I saw them looking for another EA (actually I think they're still looking) (in 6 reviews)

"Zend Conscious Lounge, Resilient Management, ZAG, BEWARE"

I worked at ZAG Group full-time

Pros

When you leave, you're grateful to work almost anywhere. Anywhere people treat you like a human, speak respectfully and aren't sociopaths

Cons

Everything.
    The CEO will gaslight you, have you spend tons of money out of your own pocket (did you hear about the team members he had pay for their own relocations and then fired them once they moved? He obviously never paid them for their $$$$)

I'm amazed that someone like him can continue to bilk investors and find ways to get money.

Advice to Management

Stop working with this maniac

"CEO has lost touch with reality"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZAG Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none. none. none. none. none - does this meet the 5 word minimum?

Cons

I worked here as an Executive Assistant to the CEO - Steve Curtis. That's right, I worked closely alongside him as his lap dog, working in his apartment, managing his schedule, handling his housekeeper, setting up travel/vacation plans, etc. I sat silently beside him during private meetings and phone calls, and watched closely as he interacted with his employees and myself. There were so many CONS - I don't know where to start.

1. Steve claims to have cured himself of a terminal cancer. The first person in the world to cure cancer naturally through plants and traditional herbs. He literally has the biggest goldmine of the 21st century and the modern world in the palm of his hands. BUT he doesn't sell the herbs, or the formula or license any of this..... strange, right? when something smells fishy, looks fishy, sounds fishy.. its probably fishy.

2. Other employees have claimed the company doesn't pay contractors - actually, what they do is they offer you basic hourly wage to work with Steve in a "paid working interview" where the work mostly consists of listening to Steve's tangents and getting barked at by Tara. At the end of this "working interview" they offer you a contract. But you don't want to take the job, so you don't sign the contract. But then they won't pay you for working until you sign the contract.... uhmm what?

3. No training, no support, no good working environment. As his Executive Assistant, you work in his tiny 500 sq ft apartment with three other people. You are expected to use your own laptop and make international calls with your own cell phone and purchase lunch for Steve and his minions with your own money - and you are compensated for $0. (back to the "no training or help" - try to ask Tara a question, and Steve cuts in with "figure it out on your own, Tara doesn't get to help you"... first hour into the job, great impression. You're given work without any background, any information, any contacts and told to "figure it out".

4. While 90% of the day is listening to Steve talk, the other 10% is doing nonsensical stuff ie. contact this wizard online to ask about this magic wand, design a family crest ring, order headphones, buy me a tv stand.... again, all without any compensation for the phone calls or products.

5. I have watched Steve cut off people speaking in a meeting and kicked us ALL out of his apartment - because he wasn't pleased with the presentation. a little over dramatic, rude, and immature, don't you think?

6. Days are not structured, no agenda or organization. You jump from one thing to another to another within minutes.

Don't be fooled by his story of making millions. Please do your research - Steve is constantly inflating how much money his company is bringing in cause he actually has no idea. Take into account the lies, the lawsuits, the dirty article written (which he PAID to have removed - Steve Curtis is one Shady Businessman), the drug (liquid kratom) he's trying to distribute - and all together this is a SHADY company. Stay away, I was lucky to get out early - immediately after I left, I saw them looking for another EA (actually I think they're still looking). I guess no one sticks around for long.

Advice to Management

Steve speaks down to EVERYONE. I've heard him say things like "I have a $30 million net worth and this is how you treat me?" ... heres a life lesson for you, Steve. It doesn't matter how much money you have. Even if you were the richest man on earth, no one will never respect you for the way you treat and speak to the people around you. Seriously.

"Steve Curtis is a Fraud"

Current Employee - Zend Lounge Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Zend Lounge Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at ZAG Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free juice in the lunchroom.

Cons

Steve Curtis is a fraud. The book he wrote he never even paid the writer and 90% on the content is a lie. Steven never had cancer and he never accomplished any major life achievements. We all know now that the FDA shut Steve Curtis down for selling his fake Zend products which is a combination of juice and sugar and NOT an award winning pharmaceutical products to help people with cancer, mental awareness and so on. It's interesting to learn how easy it is to design retail packaging, a label and insert a FAKE product inside it and call yourself a genius. He's a crook, a thief and now his reputation will follow him for the rest of life.

Advice to Management

Move out of Vancouver and stop giving Canada a bad reputation. Stop frauding your employees and the honest hard working citizens of Canada whom purchased your products.

"RUN! RUN AWAY FAST!"

Pros

There are none. Except maybe that you will learn quickly how you don't want to ever be treated by an employer.

Cons

Working for this company was a complete waste of time. Complete dissociation with reality. Zero empathy...you have been warned.

Advice to Management

People are a lot smarter than you think. It doesn't take long for an intelligent person to see through the lies and deceit.

"Really Bad."

I worked at ZAG Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people are nice but nothing else.

Cons

crazy crazy boss and constant lies.

"Avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZAG Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am not one to bad mouth people or companies but what was done at Zag requires me to forewarn anyone who thinks about joining Zag, Zend, or Resilient Management. Save yourself the stress, unethical and immoral behavior, AND ESPECIALLY the cheap parlor stories of how great a person Steve is and how much he's done for the world. Just know if everyone is saying the exact same things - all negative, its because it is true.

Cons

Zag, Zend, and Resilient Management are all the same - run by Steve Curtis. Steve Curtis is an over exaggerating, ego driven, self centered, unethical person who will take from everyone and everything around him to better himself while leaving everyone else behind. Everything he says about his "businesses" are over exaggerated and not true. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH and call him on his BS. I wish i did a lot sooner. Have a look at all the law suits against him and know that Curtis isn't his real last name. He changed it because of the law suits.

"Went bankrupt - fired all and now trying under different company name: Resilient Managemt"

Pros

I can't think of any - strongly advise to stay away. Went bankrupt - fired all and now trying under different company name: Resilient Managemt

Cons

I strongly advise people to stay away from doing business and working with Steve Curtis. Went bankrupt - illegal transactions and business dealings , fired all and now trying under different company name: Resilient Managemt

Advice to Management

None will sink in.

"It's a cult. You don't sing the praise songs, you're out of there."

Pros

Working with really cool individuals. Creative freedom.
    Focussed on alternative approaches to life.
    Parties at work and such were cool.

Cons

You don't really have a boss/manager, and if you do, they have no idea what the hell is going on. You have to just do things and hope it's right with no guidelines or see you later.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting people's time. You encourage people to relocate and tell them why it's such a great place to work, and then no one has a job six months down the road.

Create a legitimate business platform with a structured hierarchy. Create positions of management who knows what their role is and how to effectively help and guide their workers instead of feeling hopeless.

If you want more tips, No problem, but I charge for them.

"Great Product, Horrible Execution"

Pros

-Great Product
    -Great Marketing Team
    -Open to new and creative ideas

Cons

-Didn't know how to do business
    -Screwed too many people over

"ZzzzzigZag"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZAG Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of people with high, hopes enthusiasm and energy. Office location is great and nobody stole my lunch.

Cons

Steve Curtis is a shorter younger poorer version of Donald Trump or Kim Jong Il. Trying to build aura around himself without the genuine attraction needed so resorts to games.

Advice to Management

Get some money, products, leadership, and a business model.