Zenefits Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7
Zenefits CEO Jay Fulcher
Jay Fulcher
Cons

"Don't be fooled by rocketships"

I worked at Zenefits full-time

Pros

Amazingly talented people to work with.

Cons

Bait and switch management on everything from company objectives, perks, and job security. For a benefits company, they have some of the worst I have ever seen. No 401k match, low stock options.

Advice to Management

Quit a long time ago, you're really not good at it.

Zenefits2017-02-19

"Fast Paced, Results Oriented Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zenefits is truly poised to be "back." The senior leadership has this company ready for a change in the way small businesses manage their workforce. Great Culture in all of the offices. Everyone at the company is so eager to help and especially everyone on the sales team. Tons of inbound leads and uncapped potential on finding your own deals. Tons of career growth opportunities with the growth we are... experiencing now. Great office location, great snacks, and tons of fun events. Really enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

HR, Payroll, and Benefits is a tough industry to service due to the complexity and as we continue to go up market, the product needs to follow at the same rate. Since Zenefits shifted their business model 2.5 years ago, you can almost think of it as a 2.5 year old startup. So a lot of the processes/systems in place are not perfect. Reps have to spend a good amount of time on other tasks (non rev generating).... Lots of change (to be expected)

Advice to Management

Keep the company heading the right direction. Bulk up support/services/product for the shift upmarket and the sales will come.

Zenefits2019-10-16
  3. "Recent Zenefits is a wonderful place to work and grow your career"

Current Employee - Business Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ New leadership team that is knowledgeable, experienced and energized for growth + Business is growing rapidly under new business model - SaaS sales, partnerships + Lots of opportunity for capable self-starters who are eager to bring solutions to the table and broaden their career experience + Clear strategy and set of business objectives

Cons

- There is more opportunity than time in the day - Growth in new business model is stretching operational boundaries which forces teams to be creative with solutions for scaling fast - An "experiment & adapt" mindset is required for success which is actually a positive thing (!) but it can be a negative for anyone who wants to sit back and wait for 'easy answers'

Zenefits2019-10-17

"Great Company with amazing culture and lots of potential"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Tempe, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- company has a strong mission and makes it clear what it is we’re playing for and trying to accomplish in the marketplace - really fun work environment and culture in Tempe office and management is constantly encouraging team members to get involved in side projects that they have a personal interest or passion in. - management listens and responds quickly to customer and employee feedback to make improvements... - fast pace which is fun, but can also be exhausting at times if you don’t have the right mindset for working in this type of environment...definitely not your typical 9-5 - C suite is transparent and makes themselves available to team members at all levels

Cons

- fast pace...sometimes too fast which doesn’t allow us to fully finish what we’re focused on, this is most common in product, but it’s also true with customer experience teams...it’s gotten better in the last 12 months, but consistency is key - growing quickly and with growth comes growing pains, not necessarily a bad thing, but just something that management needs to keep a close eye on

Advice to Management

- company is trying to accomplish a lot so make sure people are focused on the right activities and projects. - with Sales team growing in Tempe, it’s easy to lose the close family feeling with the team so make sure we continue to facilitate office events/activities that drive cross team collaboration

Zenefits2019-10-10

October 14, 2019People Representative

Thank you for your positive review! We really appreciate you taking time to share this with us. We are constantly looking to improve and take your feedback seriously.

"Great for many reasons"

Former Employee - Biz Ops in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zenefits is a storied silicon valley company. It's been through a lot. It's amazing to see how well the company is doing now. The people and the pace of the company attract people who are in it for the right reasons: great people doing awesome work to address a big opportunity.

Cons

Zenefits will always have to deal with its past. But that's part of the fun.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Zenefits2019-10-06

"Excellent leadership, meaningful work"

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experienced leadership who know the business, have a long history of winning, and are clear minded about where we are going. There's a lot of room for learning and growth.

Cons

There’s a lot of work that still needs to get done and a tendency to jump first and figure out how to fall second.

Advice to Management

Encourage root cause analysis and problem solving over headcount, and keep reminding everyone what we are playing for.

Zenefits2019-09-28

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid C level leadership that knows the business, understands the market, and has a history of winning. Great product with a purpose - to help the small to midsize customers succeed. Culture that encourages innovation and learning. If you want to advance your career this is the place to be!

Cons

None I can think of

Zenefits2019-09-23

September 30, 2019People Business Partner

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to see people learning and advancing their careers here at Zenefits!

"Great People and Interesting Work"

Current Employee - Pbp in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are smart, friendly, generally care about one another and the mission of the company. There is a lot of autonomy and room to stretch yourself. Fresh outside-of-the-box thinking is encouraged. Lots of opportunities for learning and growth, there are many examples of people moving departments to follow career interests.

Cons

Move a little faster to recognize and solve problems. Hold people equally accountable across different functions and levels.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to connect with people and share authentic stories around the mission, the challenges, and what is most exciting.

Zenefits2019-09-18

"Great place to learn and grow professionally!"

Current Employee - People Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a great place to make an impact. I have the opportunity to take on exciting challenges on a regular basis. Not only do I get to learn and grow in the process, but I also get to see first hand how my work impacts the success of the organization. I love that I get to work with a group of dedicated, talented, curious, and diverse people as well. Together we do some really cool things. The workplace culture is... great - everyone is helpful and I can see our sales and customer experience teams doing the right thing for our customers on a regular basis. Also, I can see and believe in our path to success.

Cons

I thrive in an environment of change, and we're pretty good at getting the right people involved in changes, but we do make changes quickly. If that's not your thing, I could see it being challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in our people and culture. It's paying dividends.

Zenefits2019-09-04

September 30, 2019People Business Partner

Thanks for being a part of the ZenNation team! We're right there with you, helping our teams do right by our customers and employees.

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Top level management is better than before

Cons

Poor work life balance but improving

Zenefits2019-08-31