Zenjob Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Zenjob Founder and CEO Fritz Trott
Fritz Trott
  1. "Analyst Intern"

I worked at Zenjob

Pros

A fun community and exposure to many sides of the business.

Cons

Felt like I wasn't challenged as much as I could have been.

Zenjob2018-10-02
  2. "A good and friendly place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Berlin

I have been working at Zenjob full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours, Nice people to work with, Great office

Cons

Most Managers are learning on the job. Very few senior engineers

Zenjob2020-03-20
  3. "I like it! :)"

Current Employee - Corporate Wellness Coach in Berlin

I have been working at Zenjob full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, good culture, interesting work

Cons

Salary is the only thing I can think of atm

Zenjob2020-01-13

"Stay away. There's no Zen at Zenjob"

Former Employee - Back End Developer in Berlin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Zenjob full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People are open and friendly - Totally flexible about working hours - Good working from home policies - Brand new office in a good area around Moabit.

Cons

1. The company management is totally lost and micromanages everyone, a clear sign of no trust (also, people don’t trust them). I know that being a young startup, the strategy changes a lot, but in this case, there’s no strategy at all. Everything in the company is defined and micromanaged by a couple of lost dudes. Also, no one in the company trusts the product leadership. 2. Speaking of PMs. Expect to work with junior and unexperienced PMs coming directly from college. They don’t know how to define market-user-problems and how to specify a clear product release map. Also, because they worry too much about the solution (most of the time given by the product leadership), they end up doing their PM job very poorly. Basically, there isn’t a collaborative team approach about defining solutions together, instead, the team is just a software factory for the product leadership bad decisions. 3. There’s no clear owner/decision-maker. The product leadership tries to push their view (not data, or user research-based) and most of the time his vision conflicts with the other areas. As a result, there’s a back/forward situation between PMs, Teams, and Deliverables, and nothing is done product-wise. 4. Being a young startup, the company is too focused on marketing and (out to date) technology. So, don’t expect to come with new technology frameworks and product ideas. Usually, if they go against what the product leadership thinks it’s right, you get burned. Also, there’s no voice for design in the company. The designers are just pixel pushers and are expected to refine the mockups/solutions made by the PMs. 5. There is no grow/career path or clear expectations about your role. 1:1s are useless since they seem like a tool for the manager to know if you are happy or not with the company. Managers don’t give you challenges and it’s not clear how they measure your performance and what is expected about you. Having said that, there are (a lot) more interesting and mature startups around Berlin. Don’t waste your time and energy at Zenjob, you will only get frustrated and more important, won’t grow as a professional.

Continue reading
    Zenjob2019-12-23

"Nice place to be, but maybe not to spend the rest of your life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Zenjob full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice work environment. Freedom to propose new ideas and improvements to the products and process. Everyone is always willing to help whatever you need. - Free bevarages, - Frequent teamevents, - Flexible hours, and working holiday planning, - Free lunch on Fridays, - Nice office, - Nice work equipments,

Cons

Poor people management. Many people to delegate and few to perform. People who really get the things done and go to explore to solve them, aren't valued and/or seen. - Lack of process and clear responsibilities, - Managers are unskilled, - Low salary compare to the rest of the market.

Continue reading
    Zenjob2019-05-01
  6. "Fast Moving Start-Up with awesome colleagues"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Cologne

I have been working at Zenjob full-time for more than a year

Pros

- family-like atmosphere with awesome team-buliding events and great offices - extremly fast growing, opportunities of involvement in the company succes from the beginning - succesfully managing the transition from young a start-up to an adult company

Cons

- with fast growth come a lot of (spontaneous) decisions and changes - personell trainings and development should be improved (currently on the agenda) - wages on start-up level

Zenjob2019-03-25
  7. "Talent"

I worked at Zenjob part-time

Pros

you decide when you want to work get half of your salary immediately

Cons

the algorithm only showed me the same kind of jobs even after I asked them to change it

Zenjob2019-03-16
  8. "Great Company to work in"

Current Employee - Backend Engineer in Berlin

I have been working at Zenjob full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive team, rich tech stack, comfortable office, competitive salary.

Cons

No special rooms for rest or having fun.

Zenjob2019-03-01
  9. "A great company which is true to its values: Hungry, Helpful, Humble and Honest"

I have been working at Zenjob full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic Culture - people really do try and live our company values: Hungry, Helpful, Humble and Honest. Everyone is very friendly and supportive. Great Offices - dog friendly Good Work Life Balance - flexible working is encouraged You are able to take the initiative and take on exciting projects. It is great if you like learning by doing!

Cons

There are lots of dogs in the office - not good if you don't like dogs We are a start up, so a lot of our processes are not as clear as they could be. Some people thrive in this environment. But it is not for everyone.

Zenjob2019-03-01
  10. "QA Automation Engineer"

Current Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Berlin

I have been working at Zenjob full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment Place for new talents Zenjob culture

Cons

I have not seen anything at downside

Zenjob2019-02-04