Zeno Group Intern - Hourly Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 2 Oct 2019

3.4
Zeno Group CEO Barby K. Siegel
Barby K. Siegel
  1. "The place to be right now"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Zeno Group full-time

Pros

Growth in a challenging market means something is going well. Great new client wins, awards and a cool culture. This is the place to be right now. Leadership has settled of late and the new look office, flexible working and creative first approach is fresh and inspiring.

Cons

Always a fast pace which doesn’t suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Great job in freshening things up.

Zeno Group2018-03-30

"Complete misery"

I worked at Zeno Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people I worked with were great colleagues and I made some really good friends.

Cons

3MZ is the worst place I’ve ever had the misfortune to work in. The agency suffers huge problems from the top down. The senior team are completely detached from the day-to-day work of the agency - dysfunctional, unprofessional, uncommunicative, unsupportive, uncaring and downright callous. They strive to foster a cliquey and backstabbing culture in which people who play politics are rewarded. This leaves no room for... those working hard to develop or grow. While senior team members head off at 5.30, they’ll expect you to put in ridiculously long hours. It was normal for me to work 10 hour days, five days a week – with no thanks or attempt to address the issue. Try and raise this problem and you’ll be told that you ‘need to address how you work’. Legitimate concerns and problems are always swept aside, leaving a toxic and inconsiderate working atmosphere. Tasks are often not briefed in correctly by senior management to team members who are completely out of their depth, tired and stressed. This occasionally resulted in people being shouted at the on shop floor – making 3MZ more reminiscent of a class room than a place of work. It was abject misery to work here. I would advise people to steer well clear of 3MZ.

Advice to Management

The senior team need to take a long look in the mirror and think about the good of the agency and all members of staff. Not just look out for their own narrow interests. One for the 3MZ HR team – instead of wasting your time posting insincere replies on here to those of us who have moved on, perhaps ask the current team what they think is wrong? Then actually fight to try and do something about it.

Zeno Group2019-04-11

June 12, 2019Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for the advice. We recognize that there are times when work is extra busy but we monitor that closely and engage additional support from freelancers and new hires to keep things in balance. Flexible working is offered to everyone so people are free to get their work done in a way that suits the task. We’re always open to constructive suggestions for improvement so please feel free to contact ian.green@3monkeyszeno.com for a chat in confidence.

3. "good clients"

I worked at Zeno Group full-time

Pros

great clients and fun office

Cons

needs a little more culture

Advice to Management

culture is more than just organised drinks, encourage people to meet with their teams a little more

Zeno Group2019-03-02
  4. "Excellent people, but not much work-life balance"

I worked at Zeno Group full-time

Pros

A fun and friendly agency with a great culture. There’s something special about this agency and it’s peoole.

Cons

Work life balance could be much better. There’s a lot of talk of hot desking, and flexible working but nobody really does it.

Zeno Group2019-02-09

"Work / life balance? No."

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Zeno Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good location and a good group of clients.

Cons

Senior managers dump new projects on juniors without explaining things properly, and then get aggy when something is overlooked. Seems to be whoever shouts the loudest wins favour with management, whilst others may have skills which could be, are generally are, overlooked. If you're not in with the 'cool kids', you're out pretty much. Think you can leave on time at 5:30? If you want to feel like you've murdered... someone then yeah go ahead.

Zeno Group2018-07-16

July 30, 2018Chief Talent Officer

It’s disappointing to hear that this is your experience and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please feel free to reach out to @Green, Ian at London HR. The introduction of flexible working for all and summer hours have been welcomed and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. If you have questions about how teams are resourced or if you feel you have skills that aren’t being utilised, please speak up – either to HR, your line manager, MD or Practice director. We love people who are proactive about getting involved.

"Know what you are getting into"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Zeno Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people were lovely. A lot of people were really motivated and knew their stuff. The list of clients is fantastic and the freebies in the office were great.

Cons

There were individuals whose behaviour was aggressive and inappropriate. Concerns had been raised before, yet had been hushed up and weren't communicated to the senior management team. When I flagged their behaviour, I was blamed for causing it and trying to stir up trouble. The hours were very long. Every day was a 10 hour day and there were consecutive days where I worked until 12am. When I raised this to a... senior member of the team, they responded by saying "Well if that's the way you prefer to work." Sadly it seemed like junior members of the team were always the ones with the heaviest workload, while more senior managers left on time. This could have just been my experience of the particular team I was working with and the individuals within it, but I have worked in other agencies and this was REALLY BAD.

Advice to Management

Support your staff. Make sure they are happy and don't overwork them. Its not rocket science.

Zeno Group2018-03-20

"Sad but true"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Zeno Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

In theory, there’s a thing called freedom Friday, where people can leave at 3pm on the first Friday of the month. Emphasis on “in theory”

Cons

The team culture is virtually non-existent, except for the one day in a fortnight that you try to leave on time, when it exists to make you feel guilty for doing so. I never left before 6.30/7.00 on ‘Freedom Friday’. What does exist, is a culture of who can work the hardest, and who can generate the most unnecessary nonsense to add to our already stretched workloads. 10/11 hour days are the norm and 12/13 hour... days are a semi regular occurrence too, so I was in a peculiar position of working harder than many of my friends in the city, but getting paid half as much. The email culture was totally out of control; close to 400 a day was normal, and I was told by my manager that I should be reading every last one of them - coming back from a 5 day holiday made this impossible, but the attitude stood firm. There is absolutely no culture. No banter. No music. Everyone is too heavily worked to do anything than stay fixated on their computer screens. The office looks like something akin to Wolf of Wall Street, it’s that sterile. Finally, with hindsight, my time was so consumed by unnecessary nonsense work that I rarely did any actual PR work (press releases, comment etc.), instead it was full of writing reports and putting together presentations of how good we were and what a fantastic job we’d done for the client.

Advice to Management

Sorry for being so negative. From what I’ve heard, some of the best and brightest are leaving. People are thinking with their feet; you’d be wise to heed this and make some serious changes.

Zeno Group2018-01-08
  8. "3 Monkeys | Zeno"

Former Employee - Designer in London, England

I worked at Zeno Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Client benefits were a pro with the people that worked there being fun too.

Cons

Work life balance wasnt great

Advice to Management

For senior management to listen to ways to improve processes.

Zeno Group2017-09-15
  9. "A good start!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Zeno Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've recently started in the London office and...so far so good! Love the atmosphere and culture. You're encouraged to be your authentic self (which is very rare in most agencies). The senior team are inspiring - infact there are plenty of people to be inspired by at most levels across the departments. Whilst you won't leave at 5:30 everyday (note to previous reviews, this doesn't happen at any agency in the world!)... they do make every effort to get you out the door when it can be helped...which it can't always be, we are in a client service industry after all. Lots of opportunities to get involved and grow. Overall, great first few months here...I've made a good choice.

Cons

Nothing major so far, just normal teething problems when two companies merge and an agency grows so quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, encouraging fearlessness and riding that merger wave.

Zeno Group2017-07-18

"Not a happy ship"

in London, England

I worked at Zeno Group for more than a year

Pros

I always got paid on time. You get good brand experience on your CV.

Cons

An incredibly weak and dysfunctional leadership team means that nothing gets done, communication is terrible and there is no team spirit whatsoever. It's not uncommon for freelancers to work for a day and not return because they just cannot deal with the atmosphere and unrealistic workload. Levels of sickness and absenteeism are incredibly high but senior management don't seem to think this is an issue.... Junior people struggle to learn anything because there's really nobody to learn from. High numbers of people are leaving and client work suffers as a result.

Advice to Management

Figure out who is leading the business and get them to take full responsibility for the company and its people.

Zeno Group2017-06-21

June 27, 2017SVP Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your time at 3 Monkeys Zeno. We are a growing agency and as such, the culture is dynamic and fast-paced. 3 Monkeys Zeno is committed to being an outstanding workplace and we appreciate feedback that allows us to learn and improve. As part of that commitment, we respect each person’s need to take time when they are sick. We also offer very generous holiday allowances and encourage people to take their full allowance each year. To cover roles and to support at peak times, we work happily with many freelancers who come back time and again to work with us. Our door is always open should you wish to discuss any of your concerns more in depth. (Ian.Green@3monkeyszeno.com or chester.lantin@zenogroup.com)

Found 90 reviews