Zonal Employee Reviews about "lack of direction"

Updated 9 Aug 2020

3.1
Zonal CEO Stuart McLean (no image)
Stuart McLean
Pros
  • "Nice people in the main and multitude of great software platforms for the retail leisure industry, Free fruit, breakfast and drink are a lovely touch(in 5 reviews)

• "Free breakfast, tea, Coffee and Soft drinks(in 5 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "lack of direction"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good people but muddy direction"

4.0

I have been working at Zonal full-time

Pros

Nice people, good offices. Desire to make things better and do the right thing. Great Christmas parties.

Cons

There is a lack of direction as customer needs swamp everything. Board members refuse to stick to their guns and have a clear direction or protect staff.

Continue reading

Zonal Response

February 22, 2019Recruitment Coordinator

Thanks for your review!

2. COVID-19

"Ok(ish) if you look past certain aspects - went sour when covid hit"

2.0

I worked at Zonal full-time

Pros

Relaxed hours Free Cereal and drinks Good people Great opportunity to work with some of the big hospitality brands

Cons

Complete lack of direction from senior management. No one seemed to really know what they were doing Very much an 'old boys club' feel at director level HR dept seemed very inexperienced Not much opportunity for career progression Legacy systems are problematic, no real business interest in bring the tech stack upto date No documentation on anything, alot of digging through code to find anything out Alot of 'we're a family business' claims, but it couldn't feel further from that Really poor handling of covid. Basically ignored staff for 3 months then announced redundancies. I was unfortunately one of the ones made redundant, which I fully understand the reasons for - but the manner in which it was communicated, and the consultation process were really shambolic and left a sour feeling of the entire experience

Continue reading

"Never in my 20+ years of experience I've seen so much development effort wasted"

Former Contractor - Senior QA Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Zonal for less than a year

Pros

Great office and location. Friendly, relaxed working environment. Most staff are helpful and friendly.

Cons

High employee turnover. Absolute lack of direction and leadership . Project planning virtually non-existent.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.