Zone Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
Scott Sanhamel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Rep."

Pros

The games they played in the office were fun

Cons

It is all commission base. Which is hard because it is door to door sales. So if you have an off day, you don't make any money and wasted gas getting out to your location which could be up to an hour drive one way. And you don't get reimbursed for any gas or mileage. It has to come out of your pocket.

"Too good to be true"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Pros

you're independent and get to practice sales, interviewing, and training skills. Owner and people in the company are very nice, It is just a very difficult type of sales to do.

Cons

its all commission based, no hourly or salary pay. Its door to door sales. Often very long days (10 hours) and work on Saturdays. If you do not get any sales then you made nothing and those days are frustrating. They hire literally anyone and start you immediately so you can start making the people above you money. They say it is not a pyramid scheme but the only way to advance in the company or "become a manger" is to have employees underneath you. I was lied to in my interview and took the job and I will be doing my research more in the future.

Advice to Management

Give some sort of hourly wage. Tell people it is door to door sales and don't sugar coat it.

3. "The company & the Management"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Berkeley, CA (US)

I worked at Zone Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, i moved from my country two years ago and i came here to California to do my post-graduate studies and after a year of studying i started to pursue a career, i worked for three companies before In-zone and they were all either scam or have no career goal to there people. In-zone, It is the greatest opportunity anybody might be able to have in the Bay Area, from 6-12 months you can make it to management and when i say management i mean the entry level employees can become business owners with no cost or financial obligations at all; they just need to learn and once they learn right they will know how to earn. it is a career more than a job, i am not saying that it is very easy to achieve the requirements but i am saying that it is doable and i personally did it, i got promoted and traveled half way across the country to attend a leadership conference and stayed in a five stay hotel, trip was fully paid by the company as a reward to me, and it happens not only once a year but four times a year, every quarter. Employees get paid from the first working day and they motivated by the team on a regular daily basis. The owner, is a smart educated young gentleman who i personally appreciate on a very personal level and a brother to me and everybody else before a manager, he makes the company very diverse so, there is no racial discrimination nor a religious discrimination everyone is treated equally and have the equal opportunity and that is why people can get along with each other, which i personally believe that it is what the human beings need nowadays. Thanks for the management team on top of it Majola, who took a good care of me ever since the first day i started and thanks for the owner Brian hunter who makes this job a professional changing experience and made my stay in America much more beneficial than it would have been otherwise.

Cons

there is no cons in general but i would say for those who prefer to take two days off, it is only one and a half day off because Saturdays are half days and Sundays off. But no matter what it is worth to give it a shot.
    If you are international its hard to get a Visa to stay and work permanently but that applies on every company not only In-zone.

Advice to Management

focus on conveying the message correctly from the first day and the second round interviews regarding the long-term opportunity. Unfortunately many people come to the company they don't really understand the full picture of the job as a long-term opportunity. I knew the value of it because i was into it, but people need to get informed more than that.

Keep up the good work and be a good motivator and decent owner as you were always be. i wish you all the best.

5. "A Unique opportunity"

I have been working at Zone Marketing full-time

Pros

For hard workers, this is an opportunity to get the American dream of a management Job, The training is very thorough and I love that it is merit based as well as the opportunity for promotion is huge! Cant wait to see where it will take me to in the future.

Cons

There really aren't that many, just that you have to have the motivation for management to get it.

Advice to Management

Keep being a inspiration to your employees and always keep that genuine kindness, because it makes you way ahead of other companys!!!!

"The best Job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Administrative and Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative and Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at Zone Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A Fun, friendly atmosphere with many opportunities to advance! It's a one stop shop to success as long as you have a student mentality and a positive attitude

Cons

Honestly, there isn't any real cons to the business Scott really lays everything out black and white and is always there for his employees

Advice to Management

Keep it going! This business is going places!

"Scam Job"

Pros

You get trained
    It's a job (?)
    Work hard you get recognized for your efforts

Cons

You'll be doing door to door sales. They try to tell you it's direct marketing but it's not. The only real marketing you will do is for this company and no others. Commission paid.

Advice to Management

Don't lie and tell them you're a marketing firm when you're a sales firm for companies to outsource their sales.

Zone Marketing Response

23 Nov 2015 – Manager

I appreciate your review of Zone Marketing. It's always good to hear feedback from employees. The reason we have a website with a FAQ page is so that you can learn more about the company before... More

"door to door sales person"

Former Employee - Sales in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I worked at Zone Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

built up cold calling experience. Got accustom to rejection.

Cons

The training is only showing you a few times. They never had enough supplies either, being sent out into the field with out a channel guide is frustrating. sometimes had to drive over an hour to get to my territory. Employees that go out to employee nights got the best territory. did not get uniform or dealer ID for weeks.

Advice to Management

Have training folders for all of the trainees. train in more than just one set way.

"First Job Out Of College"

Current Employee - Account Management in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Account Management in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at Zone Marketing full-time

Pros

-True entry-level experience where they train from day 1. Most companies that say entry level require 2 years of experience.
    -Merit Based structure where I had an opportunity to move up once I accomplished basic tasks in the entry level.
    -Great communication with the management team. I was able to set up multiple meetings with the president of the company on a weekly basis.
    -Once I had been promoted out of the entry level position (less than 3 weeks after starting), I had an opportunity to cross-train and learn more about management. I was responsible for training or interviewing on an almost daily basis.

Cons

-The company requires longer working hours. It is set up for someone who is truly looking for a career.
    -Sometimes the meetings can look unorganized due to the fact that they allow new employees opportunities to run meetings.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow interviews to shadow the entry level position on the interview process. Based on my experiences with other companies, it is the biggest thing that separates you from the rest!

"Not What They Say"

Former Employee - Trainee
    Former Employee - Trainee

Pros

Fun environment, great group of people. Office nights are fun. The idea behind the management training program is good.

Cons

They say it's marketing when really all you do is walk door to door and try to sell AT&T U-verse. Got sent to some sketchy areas. I often worked 11 hours days without making a single penny. Completely commission based. "Promotions" are simply the same job for the same commission- based pay, but with a different title. Just not the job for me.

Advice to Management

You obviously know what you're doing to be successful, just be more up front with what people will actually be doing.

Zone Marketing Response

8 Jul 2015 – Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on the company. Obviously it sounds like you had a bad experience with my company. The entry level position is sales. In a management training... More

"A great opportunity for someone who works hard and is seeking a management position."

Pros

Fast advancement, fun and positive environment, team oriented, networking opportunities, recognition from coworkers and manager.

Cons

Longer hours but the fast advancement and potential compensation is worth the extra time someone puts in.