Zopa Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 90 reviews

4.2
Zopa CEO Jaidev Janardana
Jaidev Janardana
Pros
  • "very good work / life balance - team is flexible, working from home is allowed(in 8 reviews)

• "It’s a place where great people do some super cool great things, it’s a place that you can be proud to work(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing office with a positive & friendly atmosphere - Senior management seem approachable, open-minded and genuine - Inspiring & ethical company in its values - Opportunities to learn and develop professionally - Good work-life balance - Intelligent & hard-working people - Interesting & stimulating work

Cons

some inefficiencies in certain systems (like any company) but always working on improving!

Zopa2019-06-04

June 5, 2019Bron - Zopa

Thank you for taking the time to leave your 5* review. I'm happy to hear our values are being lived and breathed across the business and you are enjoying your time at Zopa so far. See you at the company meeting!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Crime Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great experience so far, from a perfect interview process that was hassle-free to completing probation with all the support I could ask for. Fell as I've settled well and the company has done everything they could to make this a great experience.

Cons

Nothing major that I have seen at this point, the small issue, as with all companies I have worked for, is communication between departments at times.

Zopa2019-07-31

August 8, 2019Bron - Zopa

Great to read your 5-star review, it’s awesome to hear that you’ve been made to feel welcome and settled in well too. See you at the company meeting on Fridays!

"Treated unfairly"

Current Employee - Complaints Officer in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just free breakfast - nice river view

Cons

I have never been treated so disgusting by a company. The department is very clicky - if you do not fit in, or zopian enough you will not stand a chance here. I was asked to leave after a week of working there, not sure on what grounds, I was just told they received a lot of negative feedback, none of which was really explained. The parts that were explained to me were extremely petty and sounded like excuses. The... manager was almost in tears when they asked me to leave which had me questioning what really the reason was for my termination. I was asked to leave with immediate effect couldn’t collect my things myself or go back upstairs. I felt like I was being treated like some sort of criminal. The HR lady was patronising and said when I left 'at least today is a nice day, you can enjoy the sun'. I didn't feel that comment was very considerate after sacking someone for pretty much no reason. If the people who you work with is important to you, I would consider working here.

Advice to Management

To treat people with more fairness. Give people time to adjust to their surroundings.

Zopa2019-09-07

September 13, 2019Bron - Zopa

We’re really sorry to hear that your time at Zopa didn’t live up to expectations. We do hold our staff to high standards, in order to deliver the best experience for our customers. To that end, we always try to ensure that feedback is clear and timely, so that Zopians can do their ...

"Honest"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Place is very easy and friendly

Cons

Job can get boring and repetitive

Zopa2019-08-07

August 8, 2019Bron - Zopa

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review and I’m happy to hear that you find Zopa a warm and friendly place to work, it’s one of the things I really like about working here. See you around the floor.

"Great people doing things right"

Current Employee - Chief Risk Officer in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture of doing the right thing, whilst being prepared to make bold choices. talented people working well together in a Tribe model.

Cons

Can be a bit hectic/disorganised compared to larger older companies.

Zopa2019-07-11

July 23, 2019Bron - Zopa

Hey, great to hear that you’re enjoying your time here at Zopa. We have a lot of exciting things coming our way. See you around the office.

"Interview experience was one of the reasons I chose the job"

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Enjoyable work culture (high performing but relaxed at the same time) - Great people (real diverse group who support one another) - Company meetings on a Friday (includes drinks) keeps you updated and motivated - Very open leadership team...no egos - Office location - right on the river and near the Tube

Cons

- Interview was tougher than other companies I've interviewed with - Tech/equipment can be slow to arrive (has to be ordered in bulk apparently)

Zopa2019-07-04

July 23, 2019Bron - Zopa

Great to read your review, thanks for taking the time to write it! I also love the people we have here and it’s always good to hear feedback about how we do things here. See you at the company meeting.

"An enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Interesting projects with very capable people - Cross-functional working: tech is not siloed from business - An unusually genuine commitment to improving customer outcomes - Ample opportunities to grow in your career - if you're willing to ask for them - Relaxed and friendly office culture (certainly no face time culture)

Cons

- Although opportunities to develop are there, don't expect them always to be handed to you. You need to feel comfortable advocating for your own career because it won't necessarily happen automatically - Over the last year, management has done a good job of weathering some of the typical growing pains of a scale-up, and is mostly reaping the benefits of this investment in culture and people. However, processes,... risk management and compliance frequently take priority over innovation, and this looks set to continue as Zopa becomes a bank. If you're a pure innovator, you'll be frustrated by the roadblocks that will inevitably slow you - Zopa is not a hyper-growth scaler. Granted, it moves faster than incumbents and takes carefully measured risks. But the vision is not one of world domination in the next three years, it's of considered entry into markets where Zopa sees unique competitive advantage. As such, the vision for the future is not as exciting as your Monzo's and Revolut's - but it's potentially more realistic

Advice to Management

Your efforts to turn culture from implicit to explicit are paying off, and the future is looking bright. Keep that customer focus at the heart of the decision-making process, particularly as you make tough decisions to balance compliance and risk management with innovation

Zopa2019-06-08

June 12, 2019Bron - Zopa

Thank you for taking the time to leave your 5 star review. I’m happy to hear that you can see the opportunities to grow here at Zopa: we want everyone to be able to progress in their career. Your constructive feedback is really appreciated as we take all this on board, so thanks ...

"Good company"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits Competitive salary

Cons

Things move slow with in the company

Zopa2019-06-23

June 25, 2019Bron - Zopa

Thank you for your review. We’re really happy to hear that you’re taking advantage of our benefits! See you around the floor.

"Good working environment / highly engaged colleagues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

high caliber people, use of advanced analytical techniques - both of these help me learn more and continue developing working as part of a team to launch a bank gives me the opportunity to understand the fundamentals of banking, like capital and liquidity very good work / life balance - team is flexible, working from home is allowed

Cons

none that i can think of until this point

Zopa2019-06-05

June 12, 2019Bron - Zopa

Thank you for your review. We aim to make sure that everyone here at Zopa has work that truly challenges, and that they can develop in their roles, so I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying both aspects of work life here. We do have some great benefits – I also use the flexible working ...

"Good people to work with"

Former Employee - Business Development in London, England

I worked at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture is good, a large part of which is due to hiring friendly and helpful employees. Most people are willing to engage with you and help. There is a wide range of people at Zopa with all have very different skill-sets, so it's not a bad place to learn new skills from others.

Cons

Things can move frustratingly slowly and often other parts of the business that you rely on to get a task done feels unconnected or unconcerned. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic and fast-paced company, this is not it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on creating a great company culture. Some parts of the business are under-resourced and slow other parts down, it'd be good to fix that.

Zopa2019-06-13

June 25, 2019Bron - Zopa

Thank you for your great review. I agree that Zopa has a great collaborative culture – this is one of the many things I love about Zopa. All the best in your new role.

Found 90 reviews