Zopa Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 de Nov 2019

4.1
Zopa CEO Jaidev Janardana
Jaidev Janardana
Pros
  • "Great people (real diverse group who support one another)(in 10 reviews)

• "Both are supportive and really care about work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing office with a positive & friendly atmosphere - Senior management seem approachable, open-minded and genuine - Inspiring & ethical company in its values - Opportunities to learn and develop professionally - Good work-life balance - Intelligent & hard-working people - Interesting & stimulating work

Cons

some inefficiencies in certain systems (like any company) but always working on improving!

Zopa2019-06-04
  2. "Fantastic company!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Zopa for less than a year

Pros

Forward thinking environment, inspiring mission and great people. Everyone collaborate with is engaged and passionate. Zopa is changing and growing and I love how everyone can bring new ideas and contribute to the future of the company. It is a great environment for people with an entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Company is constant growth, things change fast. It can be frustrating if you are not looking for a challenging and stimulating atmosphere.

Zopa2019-10-24

"It's been a good introduction to the local job market."

I have been working at Zopa

Pros

Good benefits. Great location and view.

Cons

Controlling atmosphere. Can be quite cliquey

Zopa2019-11-11

"Tech-driven culture and interesting business"

Current Employee - Developer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brilliant people, smart, passionate and friendly. Tech stack keep upgrading. Tech-driven culture. Interesting business model. Work in zopa give me confident about my future.

Cons

Chairs are not comfortable and broke a lot. Office is not cleaned properly.

Advice to Management

Careful the new organisation change. Was working in similar framework but was not a good experience. Technical people will be far away from board. Peoples are quite easy to lose loyalty and get bored

Zopa2019-10-10

"A company losing its way."

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Zopa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Bottom-up culture is strong; there are a lot of good people doing their best to deliver under tricky circumstances. - HR department really care about their employees; strong initiatives both professionally and personally to support staff. - Decent perks; free breakfast & healthcare, subsidised gym downstairs, flexible working. - Pay in-line with comparable firms.

Cons

- Given the firm's start-up roots, there is a serious lack of organisation and structure around decision-making. As such, senior leadership often act autonomously, without consideration for either their own team, or others across the firm. The thought process behind these decisions are then, more often than not, not explained to staff, leaving them confused and disenfranchised. - Existing staff, despite having had... multiple interviews to make an internal transfer, have suddenly been told that the company is now under a 'hiring freeze', despite job adverts since being advertised online. For often years of service, these staff have now been rewarded with having promises broken.

Advice to Management

We're all busy, but take a moment to consult with your subordinates, and understand what drives a successful business. Before you know it, you'll lose the people who have made the firm what it is.

Zopa2019-10-21

"Couldn't recommend enough!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly and approachable people - Hardworking but relaxed culture - Benefits like friday night drinks, riverside location, free breakfast, Zocials, table tennis, summer and Xmas party! - Interesting work - Good well being activities

Cons

None I can think of at the moment

Zopa2019-09-25
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Developer

I have been working at Zopa full-time

Pros

Most people are friendly, the work is interesting and offers great experience

Cons

.Net has somewhat taken a backseat despite powering the legacy P2P systems which make the money. All the new Bank projects are JVM.

Zopa2019-10-06

"If you want to waste your time...."

Former Employee - Operations Department

I worked at Zopa full-time for more than a year

Pros

IF you want to join Zopa - join any department apart from HR/Operational Department/functions Great view Work from home days Location

Cons

When I first started Zopa I thought I was in a dream and that everyone is super nice and friendly and was waiting for someone to switch or shout, but this wasn’t the case. A few months went by and everything was looking positive until, the company do 360 feed back, when I had my catch up this was fed back to me and half of the stuff that was mentioned was false, this feed back comes from people in your team and can... be very bias (I sense feedback should ONLY come from your manager). After this interaction I came to notice that Zopa is a very ‘clicky’ environment and if you don’t fit in they will make excuses to get rid of you (which I have seen so many people come and go). Zopa believe in certain values that everyone should be himself or herself but Zopa/HR contradicts them. In my experience HR/managers will play on your weakness and manipulate them and use them against you and say ‘it has something to do with your conduct’ (as an excuse) BE CAREFUL Being part of the operations department it comes with a lot of change by default however, the team I was in had between 4 to 5 manager changes in the space of 1 year and 6months. Members across the operations department were being promoted under false pretences (because there are a lot of favouritism across the departments by the managers) I would be very careful if you’re thinking of joining Zopa, especially in the operations teams, as the leaders/managers are only out for themselves (business needs) and do not care for your wellbeing or career progression. (unless you are thier 'favorite') Systems are very slow and prove difficulty in trying to perform in your job but, they are looking to imporve.

Advice to Management

HR needs to review current managers job specs - internal/external recruitment need to hire better managers ONLY in the operation departments such as underwriting/customer service/colletions/recoveries/payments . For current employees, you need to keep the retention of your staff as so many people are leaving in a short space of time and near to bank launch. (seems worrying)

Zopa2019-09-23

"Treated unfairly"

Current Employee - Complaints Officer in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just free breakfast - nice river view

Cons

I have never been treated so disgusting by a company. The department is very clicky - if you do not fit in, or zopian enough you will not stand a chance here. I was asked to leave after a week of working there, not sure on what grounds, I was just told they received a lot of negative feedback, none of which was really explained. The parts that were explained to me were extremely petty and sounded like excuses. The... manager was almost in tears when they asked me to leave which had me questioning what really the reason was for my termination. I was asked to leave with immediate effect couldn’t collect my things myself or go back upstairs. I felt like I was being treated like some sort of criminal. The HR lady was patronising and said when I left 'at least today is a nice day, you can enjoy the sun'. I didn't feel that comment was very considerate after sacking someone for pretty much no reason. If the people who you work with is important to you, I would consider working here.

Advice to Management

To treat people with more fairness. Give people time to adjust to their surroundings.

Zopa2019-09-07

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Crime Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Zopa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great experience so far, from a perfect interview process that was hassle-free to completing probation with all the support I could ask for. Fell as I've settled well and the company has done everything they could to make this a great experience.

Cons

Nothing major that I have seen at this point, the small issue, as with all companies I have worked for, is communication between departments at times.

Zopa2019-07-31