Zuto Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3
Zuto CEO James Wilkinson
James Wilkinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Open-door policy with Directors and senior management" (in 8 reviews)

• "90% of the staff are genuinely great people" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "I can't speak on behalf of our Manchester office but as previous reviews and replies state I hope this gets sorted very soon which I'm positive it will" (in 4 reviews)

• "The yellow army was deployed, ready to conquer the car finance market" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good tech
    - Good technical leadership

Cons

- To much change in top level management

Advice to Management

Stick to one clear direction

"Too many mistakes have cost the business"

Former Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England
    Former Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England

I worked at Zuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees, all the way up to senior management level, are good-hearted, nice people. The vision of the business is exciting if it is to be achieved.

Cons

The investment behind Zuto are too focused on the monthly sale numbers then the structural and operational changes that need to be in place to obtain quicker growth. More investment is needed in key areas if Zuto is to become a market leader in car finance.

Advice to Management

Go and visit other tech businesses and see how they structure their IT/customer facing teams and how they obtain the best talent.

"Great people"

I worked at Zuto full-time

Pros

great people making work fun

Cons

wrong strategy and execution of mission

"On a suicide mission?"

Current Employee - Manchester in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Manchester in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was going well with new senior team and investment and shiny new office. Growing fast. On a roll. Really was a great and inspiring place to learn and work with the best.

Cons

Key leaders left overnight and replaced by bullying culture that drove about 60 good people out of the business within months.
    Tech morale crashed.
    Innovation stopped.
    Pretty much all of marketing team left.
    Apps dried up.
    Key board members left.
    Sales morale crashed.
    Sales leadership left.
    Manchester office turned into expensive white elephant.
    Tiny Pulse withdrawn.
    Best Place To Work abandoned.
    Losses mounting.
    Absolutely no clear direction anymore.

As someone said 'coulda been a contender'

Advice to Management

No point.

"Over Promised.. Under Delivered"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Macclesfield, England
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Macclesfield, England

I worked at Zuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some good incentives when can be bothered and double pay OT

Cons

I strongly believe there were only 2 decent Team Managers there, the rest seem to either playing ping pong or pretending to be doing stuff. If your face doesnt fit they will get rid of you.
    If you are a new starter you will be on different shifts to current staff meaning working 2 lates a week instead of 1 this means that until 6pm on your late shifts you will have no new fresh apps to ring.
    If you dare have a day of be mindful that your applications will be rinsed by your "team"
    Zuto is very much a "every man-woman" for themselves.
    Sales Team actually have to do most of the work as customer service dont pick up the phone and if anything goes wrong the orders team just send everything back to you.

Advice to Management

Have a customer care team you can actually speak to.
    Phone lines for a company like Zuto are poor and need upgrading.
    If staff book holidays they should actually be off that day and not come in meaning getting more applications.

6. "GREAT COMPANY"

I have been working at Zuto full-time

Pros

The Potential earning are excellent

Cons

here are my five words

7. "Fantastic Company to work for"

Current Employee - Processing Executive in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Processing Executive in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great bonuses, real people and an awesome view on mental health care. Ive had a lot of trouble with past employers not wanting to help/understand my condition but Zuto are brilliant and have a team of mental health first aiders on each site. There are lots of incentives, the targets are easily obtainable and there are flexible working conditions to suit everyone.

Cons

None really.. Only been here a few months and its already easily the best company ive worked for in my career. I hope to stay here for a long time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Your staff appreciate it :)

8. "An awesome company - great atmosphere and drive"

Current Employee - Car Buying Expert in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Car Buying Expert in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a great company I have been here now for 3 months - great support and work ethic across the board - great changes on the horizon

Cons

None at all.... Keep it going

Advice to Management

Loving the Zuto life !

9. "Still a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a great opportunity to earn good money if you apply yourself correctly at Zuto. Although there has been many changes to the commission structure over the past 12 months, the bottom line is money can be earned provided you work hard and work smart.

Fast paced and exciting office atmosphere. This won't be everyone's cup of tea but if you like lively offices with a range of personalities this a great place to work.

Your opinion will be listened to. The majority of management and senior management are very approachable and are happy to listen to new ideas from anybody to improve the company.

Variety in the role. Although as sales, your role is desk based and on the phone all day, you speak to a vast range of people and dealers about different cars and the variety keeps the job interesting.

Sociable. Zuto can throw some great office parties when the company has performed well. There are usually great stories to be heard afterwards!

Cons

Weekend, bank holidays and evening shifts. This is the nature of the beast unfortunately. For the company to succeed, it is essential for it to be open long hours so there isn't much Zuto can do about this.

Too lenient towards under-performers. Zuto offers every employee a chance and rightly so. However there have been occasions where consistent under-performers have gone unpunished. This can inadvertently affect stronger performers.

Career progression. There are plenty of opportunities to apply for a different role at Zuto. However, they are often sidewards steps or not financially viable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Keep communicating the companies targets regularly. Keep listening to us. Keep looking after the staff and we'll look after the customers!

10. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic working environment, fast paced, fun and if you are highly driven and motivated you will be very well rewarded for your hard work! I have worked at Zuto for over 5 years and never wake up dreading that I have to go to work. They offer competitive rates of pay, great benefits and the majority of new roles are filled from within meaning real career progression is there for you if you are prepared to earn it. Finally and what I love the most is that at Zuto we don't stand on ceremony, both the CEO and senior management are not just approachable but spend their time embedded within the work force and actively encourage input from everyone, experienced members of staff all the way through to the newest face through the door, because they are passionate about making Zuto the very best it can be! I have seen changes made that didn't pan out the way they were planned but one thing is for sure, James and the people closest to him are not afraid to admit when something isn't working and find a better way which for me is all you can ask for from your boss!

Cons

The office can get warm in the height of the summer but Zuto does have a relaxed dress code to make staff more comfortable (normally business casual but on really hot days further dress down is permitted)