Zuto Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
Zuto CEO James Wilkinson
James Wilkinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Open-door policy with Directors and senior management (in 7 reviews)

• Fantastic working environment, fast paced, fun and if you are highly driven and motivated you will be very well rewarded for your hard work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No growth or career progression (in 3 reviews)

• Don't believe what you see, when advertising positions you can earn 35k OTE (in 2 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good tech
    - Good technical leadership

Cons

- To much change in top level management

Advice to Management

Stick to one clear direction

"Over Promised.. Under Delivered"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Macclesfield, England
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Macclesfield, England

I worked at Zuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some good incentives when can be bothered and double pay OT

Cons

I strongly believe there were only 2 decent Team Managers there, the rest seem to either playing ping pong or pretending to be doing stuff. If your face doesnt fit they will get rid of you.
    If you are a new starter you will be on different shifts to current staff meaning working 2 lates a week instead of 1 this means that until 6pm on your late shifts you will have no new fresh apps to ring.
    If you dare have a day of be mindful that your applications will be rinsed by your "team"
    Zuto is very much a "every man-woman" for themselves.
    Sales Team actually have to do most of the work as customer service dont pick up the phone and if anything goes wrong the orders team just send everything back to you.

Advice to Management

Have a customer care team you can actually speak to.
    Phone lines for a company like Zuto are poor and need upgrading.
    If staff book holidays they should actually be off that day and not come in meaning getting more applications.

3. "GREAT COMPANY"

I have been working at Zuto full-time

Pros

The Potential earning are excellent

Cons

here are my five words

4. "Fantastic Company to work for"

Current Employee - Processing Executive in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Processing Executive in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great bonuses, real people and an awesome view on mental health care. Ive had a lot of trouble with past employers not wanting to help/understand my condition but Zuto are brilliant and have a team of mental health first aiders on each site. There are lots of incentives, the targets are easily obtainable and there are flexible working conditions to suit everyone.

Cons

None really.. Only been here a few months and its already easily the best company ive worked for in my career. I hope to stay here for a long time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Your staff appreciate it :)

5. "An awesome company - great atmosphere and drive"

Current Employee - Car Buying Expert in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Car Buying Expert in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a great company I have been here now for 3 months - great support and work ethic across the board - great changes on the horizon

Cons

None at all.... Keep it going

Advice to Management

Loving the Zuto life !

6. "Still a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a great opportunity to earn good money if you apply yourself correctly at Zuto. Although there has been many changes to the commission structure over the past 12 months, the bottom line is money can be earned provided you work hard and work smart.

Fast paced and exciting office atmosphere. This won't be everyone's cup of tea but if you like lively offices with a range of personalities this a great place to work.

Your opinion will be listened to. The majority of management and senior management are very approachable and are happy to listen to new ideas from anybody to improve the company.

Variety in the role. Although as sales, your role is desk based and on the phone all day, you speak to a vast range of people and dealers about different cars and the variety keeps the job interesting.

Sociable. Zuto can throw some great office parties when the company has performed well. There are usually great stories to be heard afterwards!

Cons

Weekend, bank holidays and evening shifts. This is the nature of the beast unfortunately. For the company to succeed, it is essential for it to be open long hours so there isn't much Zuto can do about this.

Too lenient towards under-performers. Zuto offers every employee a chance and rightly so. However there have been occasions where consistent under-performers have gone unpunished. This can inadvertently affect stronger performers.

Career progression. There are plenty of opportunities to apply for a different role at Zuto. However, they are often sidewards steps or not financially viable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Keep communicating the companies targets regularly. Keep listening to us. Keep looking after the staff and we'll look after the customers!

7. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic working environment, fast paced, fun and if you are highly driven and motivated you will be very well rewarded for your hard work! I have worked at Zuto for over 5 years and never wake up dreading that I have to go to work. They offer competitive rates of pay, great benefits and the majority of new roles are filled from within meaning real career progression is there for you if you are prepared to earn it. Finally and what I love the most is that at Zuto we don't stand on ceremony, both the CEO and senior management are not just approachable but spend their time embedded within the work force and actively encourage input from everyone, experienced members of staff all the way through to the newest face through the door, because they are passionate about making Zuto the very best it can be! I have seen changes made that didn't pan out the way they were planned but one thing is for sure, James and the people closest to him are not afraid to admit when something isn't working and find a better way which for me is all you can ask for from your boss!

Cons

The office can get warm in the height of the summer but Zuto does have a relaxed dress code to make staff more comfortable (normally business casual but on really hot days further dress down is permitted)

8. "Honest company who reward hard work."

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Macclesfield, England
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Macclesfield, England

I worked at Zuto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zuto has a great culture with an open door approach from senior management. The pay is highly competitive for the industry and they do reward those who work hard.

Cons

There is some negativity from a few people who have been with the company a while who have struggled to accept change.

Advice to Management

A few extra facilities at Winterton House would be nice, especially air conditioning in summer. Other than that, keep up the good work

"The companies culture died with Car Loan 4 U"

Former Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England
    Former Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England

I worked at Zuto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some genuinely good people who work there
    Wilks is a good guy who cares about the company / people (or seems to)

Cons

Most good people have left
    Changing to 'Zuto' which has no meaning or association with car finance
    Changing weekend hours
    Changing comms structure
    Too much about who you know
    Very little progression
    All about the money
    Job needs very little skill

Advice to Management

I really think you have missed the opportunity to save it, you have ruined a good thing

10. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I used to work for a small convenience store which I hated, and after all my hours were cut, I was very worried about my career options. I was very keen to work and I wanted to have a job I could be proud of, but my lack of experience was all employers would see.
    I got an interview at Zuto and fortunately they were looking for personal traits and values and more who I am rather than what I looked like on paper. They gave me an opportunity and I am working hard in appreciation of that, and now I’m settled in to the company I can appreciate the situation even more as I have landed in a company that genuinely does care about and respect it’s staff and appreciates hard work. I genuinely enjoy working here and would absolutely recommend applying.
    In the seven weeks I’ve been working here my life has improved so much, from working in jobs where I wasn’t appreciated or respected, to being part of a vibrant company that not only values it’s staff but also invests time in helping them achieve their goals and in my case achieving a promotion. I’m over the moon to have a workplace where I see a great future in.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!