Zuto Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Zuto CEO James Wilkinson
James Wilkinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "I can't speak on behalf of our Manchester office but as previous reviews and replies state I hope this gets sorted very soon which I'm positive it will" (in 4 reviews)

• "No growth or career progression" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Brilliant Place To work"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

THe people and the management

Cons

The Targets can be annoying

2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Sales in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Sales in Manchester, England

I worked at Zuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible workplace and young management with vision

Cons

Some in house politics as with most places

3. "Sales"

I have been working at Zuto full-time

Pros

Great team to be a part of

Cons

Long working days and weekends

4. "Good Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Encourages new ideas, Shares praise, Good office atmosphere and good customer first outlook. Opportunities for growth are there just need to take them.

Cons

Stuck in the old days, dragged down by "old and bold" complainers. Not enough drive of change. Not transparent with plans for the businesss despite people genuinely believing in the business and wanting to be part of the plans.

Advice to Management

Ignore people who are not interested, they drag the whole business down. Keep knocking on the door for more development for managers it is there. Drive more change.

5. "Fun, friendly, relaxed and everyone knows your name!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since joining with Zuto in May I have enjoyed every minute of it, I have loved the fact that everyone is so friendly from the employees on the phone right the way through to the Senior Leadership Team and the CEO. Zuto for me is a brilliant place to work, the environment is friendly, fun and relaxed but also remains professional. The business is supporting me as an employee in development even though I have only passed my probation very recently. My line manager is always there to support but allows me to flourish and grow without micro managing me. The benefits are great, I am especially impressed with the 4x life assurance from the moment you start along with having your birthday off each year! As I work across both Macclesfield and Manchester office I get to spend time with all employees and partake in the fun activities across the contact centre in Macclesfield. The office in Manchester is in a brilliant location and you have some great perks including stylish offices and free fruit.

Cons

I would say that the communication lets Zuto down however they are getting better at this and understand this is an area for improvement. The monthly sessions with Mark Nichols are engaging and the SLT are aware they need to improve on communication. I think that the pension could be better regarding the benefits as they only offer the standard 3% pension.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with the employees.

"Excelllent Company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Manager in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking, a real drive to push the business forward in a competitive market. Great people, great work ethic, hard work but rewarding. Would I recommend Zuto????? Absolutely!

Cons

All business’ have cons, however here at Zuto they actually do listen. Great Leaders and great Team leaders who listen and invest time in their staff to help move forward is the key, I feel this has been noticed and action is being taken. Improvements are always being worked on. The pro’s definitely out-way the cons.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff on all levels 👍

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Customer Experience in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Zuto is a fun and vibrant place to work. Pay is good and company is really flexible when needed.
    New management structure has meant communication is better than it has been in a long time.
    Benefits are great, maternity package is one of the best I’ve seen, sick pay is great (although I think people abuse this). The Medicash benefits are amazing, dental, optical, physio plus loads more. Cheap cinema tickets plus loads of other extras.

Cons

Negative people sometimes make it difficult but just have to rise above it.
    Heat is obviously an issue but casual dress helps with this.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication going the way it is! Maybe more SLT should get involved with communication.

Zuto Response

27 Sep 2018 – People & Culture Director

Thanks for taking the time to review life at Zuto. We've heard the feedback from Vibes and communication came out as something everyone wanted more of.....so we are working on bigger and better... More

"Fun and vibrant company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working for Zuto now for 6 years, progression is something I looked for and over 6 years have beeb able to progress within roles, the pay is fair. Management listen and it is overall a very fun, family feel and exciting company to work for. You are supported through tough times and praised in the good times. Great benefits package and pension scheme. Fun events like sports day we have just had was great fun everyone was involved!

Cons

All companies have cons, Zuto had a few issues with communication much like most companies and they are now building on this. Targets have been very stretched in the past, but again this is being worked on. We do need air con it is very warm in summer months but the more relaxed work attire helps a little when it is too hot.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating, keep it fun

Zuto Response

21 Aug 2018 – People & Culture Director

Many thanks for taking the time to review life at Zuto. We've had some great fun over the summer thanks to the organisational efforts of some of our Zutonites. Oh and we know the aircon situation... More

"Proud to work at Zuto"

Current Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Sales in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at Zuto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Commission structure.
    * Culture.
    * Benefits.
    * On-boarding/grad bay.

I have worked at Zuto now for over 3 years and yes I've seen some changes in that time. Whilst some were good and some bad. I honestly believe that with the new SLT that came in Jan we are on track and more focused than ever on achieving our goals.

The basic/commission structure and benefits are all really competitive in comparison to other companies with the commissions getting constantly reviewed even in-month (where needed) which has never happened before.

We've started having Zuto events again too, last month was a bowling tournament and today saw the sports day return with every team getting involved and building relationships it's really great to see.

The on-boarding for new starters is better than it's ever been, all new recruits now go through a 6 week program/learning bay before they fully graduate to join their new teams. Giving them the best possible chance to be great sales partners.

Cons

There can be a few negative people around that could drag you down if you let it but you can't please everyone.

It can get hot.

Advice to Management

Keep involving sales partners in meetings and sharing things/communicating with the floor.

"work, work, work, work, work, work"

Former Employee - Car Buying Expert in Macclesfield, England
    Former Employee - Car Buying Expert in Macclesfield, England

I worked at Zuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good technology, free car parking

Cons

in the word of RiRi (Rihanna) the company is all about the 'work, work, work, work, work, work'.

having to give 1.5 months notice to take any more than a day off (otherwise yours and your teams month's targets are impossible)

no room for being ill, again your targets are up the shoot - and your team's. taking unexpected time off, through no fault of your own, creates a disgusting vibe within the team as ultimately their pay is affected. it's not nice having to be off work then have to come back to an annoyed team.

zero work-life balance.

Advice to Management

listen to your staff. look at what you were doing in 2014 and try some of those techniques again - before you lose (anymore of) your decent staff