deVere Group Business Development Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nigel Green

"Malta Training Academy"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not only is it a great environment to be in, it’s extremely educational. Working with people just like yourself and wanting to achieve.

Cons

It’s extremely tough, deVere only want the best of the best. So they put your through you paces. A few people do drop out due to not being able to take the pressure, and I guess that’s where the bad reviews come in?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

deVere Group2018-04-16
  2. "Working for deVere"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I did my training with Mark Reed and Lindsay in Malta. It was hard work and they push you hard, but that's only so you achieve the best you can. I am now based in Dubai and loving it.

Cons

Pushed hard and lots of work

deVere Group2019-11-10
  3. "Fantastic opportunity thankful to be working for the company!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Warsaw

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you work hard, you are rewarded! Fantastic opportunity to make loads of money. The facilities and the partners they have make the job easier then most financial companies. Once in a lifetime opportunity to relocate, start a new life and make a load of money!

Cons

Not a bad word to say about the company

deVere Group2019-11-06
  4. "deVere Group"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Tokyo

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

deVere Group makes you to work to your fullest, give your all and commit to the work. In return you will receive large amount of knowledge, sales skills and the know-how of networking and can experience the life of an expatriate in one of the beautiful location around the world. Nothing comes easy in life and deVere knows this, and therefore, we are looking for people who has goals in mind, who knows what they want from life and who knows they wants to challenge themselves. I recommend this opportunity to anyone who feels the aforementioned points are pointing at you.

Cons

It is very challenging but yet very rewardful.

Advice to Management

Keep what you are doing; oncontinuous support and always look for new possible talents.

deVere Group2019-11-07
  5. "BDM Emirates"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- good colleagues - good working environment - great training

Cons

- Difficult to create pipeline

deVere Group2019-11-07
  6. "Employment Review"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Zürich

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was apart of the September training academy in Malta this year and following the completion of my training, I was allocated to the Zurich office for my 1st year. The training was fantastic and the gentleman running the program are very energetic, motivational, and brilliant at executing this two-week intensive course. The course goes by very quickly since you are constantly business throughout the day. I even got a bit sick during the academy and missed a day which they were all very understanding. This industry and job is not for everyone, but all you need to succeed at the academy is effort and attitude as with most things this will get you pretty far in life. So far I am very happy in Zurich and I feel as if I made the right decision on choosing deVere Group as my new employer.

Cons

Possibly allowing us to take the CISI exam before leaving the academy?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Was the best training I've done with a company thus far.

deVere Group2019-11-05
  7. "Great training in Malta!"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

went to the two week training course before heading to the Dubai Marina office. Great support and teaching. Great transition from university into working life. Super happy with my experience

Cons

There are long working hours.

deVere Group2019-11-05

"5 weeks in"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Milan

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Definitely a great office in Milan which is very supportive and focused on development and progression. And a great city. So if you want to live abroad and work in finance (and get professional exams) it's a great opportunity. And the rewards when you qualify are unlimited, the trouble is making it there.

Cons

A lot of hard work, which isn't a bad thing, but the results are slow because of the nature of the industry. The first year or so of being a business development manager looks like it's going to be hard slog for not much money, and some quit.

Advice to Management

More transparency, especially in recruitment.

deVere Group2019-11-11
  9. "Trying but rewarding, know what you're getting into, then give it your all"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Moscow

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to work in very different places and to push yourself under the guidance of veteran salesmen and sales trainers. People will give it to you straight here and if you're the type to enjoy a challenge you'll do great.

Cons

There will be personal expenses incurred - don't be naive about this. Save up a good bit of money and be ready to budget yourself and live simply when starting out.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about expenses incurred. Not only does it encourage people to quit who you've already invested time and resources in, but it hurts morale and inevitably damages the company's reputation among its own employees which is really a tragedy given that deVere has so many great things to offer young professionals.

deVere Group2019-11-08

"Brilliant Company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Milan

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training I have received since I began has been really great. It has helped me to develop not just in my role at deVere but personally as well. Once I was permanently placed in one of deVere's offices the training continued and everyone that I work with has been very keen to help me and offer support. It is such a positive atmosphere to work in, everyone wants to see you do well. It is very easy to see that hard work at deVere leads to rewards.

Cons

The hours can be long and if you aren't hitting targets it can get a bit demoralising.

Advice to Management

Keep up the training process, it can be intense but it was an incredible learning experience.

deVere Group2019-10-08