deVere Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Nov 18, 2019

3.7
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green

"Scam, scam, they'll have your pants down mam."

Former Employee - Full Time

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Other than the knowledge you gain of how to scam people, no pros.

Cons

The whole company is a lie. Money grabbers. If you are silly enough to work that hard and not get paid, fair play to you. Fill you with promises, delivery about 10% of them.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect.

deVere Group2019-08-06

"This is a financial advisory company in disguise."

Former Employee - Wealth Advisor in Barcelona

I worked at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Living in a different city and country. Exploring at the weekend. This however you could do anyway if you travelled or worked for any company!

Cons

Recruitment is where the first alarm bells started to ring. 1. webinar. this is pre recorded. Do you really think the ceo has time to continuously pump out this video!! 2. recruiters get paid to put a bum on a seat on the training, if you get through the training they also get paid again. it is so easy to get a job at deVere!!! what does this tell you? 3. do not be dictated to on where you have to go and work,... it is your life, choose where you want to go to. if they say you cant go there, leave. 4. the company do not care about the clients, at all. do not be fooled. people are there to make money, yes this is normal. but morally, this company crosses the line. the language used, the sexism, sometimes racism, the lack of empathy to staff who have travelled to work in another country, is genuinely embarassing. 5. they talk about not needing industry experience. this is because they know that people who have worked in banking before, know that what this company does, is wrong on so many levels. 6. the pay is atrocious. 7. it is 2019, lots of companies now especially in london, have flexible working, as it is proven to improve productivity. join a small i.f.a and learn the business from the top down. do not join devere for a career in financial services. 8. if you join as a co-ordinator, you will learn jack all. you will have to make x amount of calls a day, it is a waste of your precious life. 9. the ceo, pushes fintech and cryptocurrency as he has a vested interest in these markets. 10. the charges to customers are so expensive it is immoral.

Advice to Management

Why are you still there? of all the places to work?

deVere Group2019-07-25

"Enjoy working"

Current Employee - Housekeeper

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible times and friendly staff

Cons

On call shifts only default things to plan

deVere Group2019-07-23

"Financial Coordinator deVere Italia"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milan

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good work ethic - Many opportunities - Loads of incentives

Cons

- A little more support is required when moving abroad. However youcan always askand they will do their best.

deVere Group2019-07-22

"BDM Course Malta"

Current Employee - BDM - Malaga in Málaga

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I completed the BDM course in Malta one month ago and have been working as a BDM in the Malaga office for 2 weeks now. The BDM course was easily the most challenging yet rewarding 2 weeks of my career so far. I was trained by the top people in the company who all have the highest level of professionalism and integrity as well as being well humored and engaging and having a vast wealth of industry knowledge and life... experience. I would say the only requirements to complete this course is to have a good attitude and give 100% of your effort at all times. If that doesn’t sound like you then I wouldn’t bother. When I arrived on my first day in Malaga I was well received and welcomed by everyone. The first two weeks have been challenging but I was well prepared by the guys in Malta. There is a huge potential for progression and opportunity to make good money.

Cons

Nothing to really point out here although if you want to be successful you have to be prepared to work really hard and sacrifice some of your time outside of the office.

deVere Group2019-07-18

"Get out what you put in!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Tokyo

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great team - Competitive but supportive environment - Fantastic training and development - Huge OTE - Ability to become a Wealth Manager - Harder you work the more you get out

Cons

- None, if you enjoy a competitive, driven environment which celebrates individual and team success!

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you are the doing, the training is the best I have ever had!

deVere Group2019-07-17

"Great boss, great org"

Current Employee - Business Development in Tokyo

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic self development and rewards

Cons

Some days can be a bit slow.

deVere Group2019-07-16

"Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to earn a lot of money as a consultant. Great product range to choose from to tailor solutions for clients. Strong compliance screening on advice given. Lot of experience in the company in both financial advice and business development, so good training available.

Cons

Limited opportunity to earn a lot of money as a business development manager/coordinator due to payment structure. Success is dependent on how hard you work, so work-life balance can be poor. No financial help for travel etc, but that's part of a commission based job.

Advice to Management

Change payment structure for business developers

deVere Group2019-07-15

"BDM Paris"

Current Employee - BDM in Paris

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was contacted through LinkedIn to attend the training academy course in Malta. The course was intense as expected however my time there was beneficial and an insight to how the deVere Group works and how I could grow and develop in the financial sector. The training was extremely useful which prepared me for starting work in my chosen office being Paris. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Malta from meeting... new people and being trained by the great team there!

Cons

My experience in Malta had been great and can't fault the training. You need to be positive, open minded and eager to learn. Be prepared for the early morning's!

deVere Group2019-07-11

"Turbo Charged Career Progression"

Current Employee - Senior Wealth Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to develop your client base how you wish knowing that you have the most solutions available and with a company that's been around for 17 years + Open ended income and piece of mind that hitting a high number won't mean your bonus / income is re-negotiated when you get there!

Cons

Marketing tends to be small scale efforts driven by you and very little corporate activity Some low cost solutions that expats would like such as term life are not available and in China there's not much for the locals however there are some great new opportunities with in-roads in EU real estate offerings

Advice to Management

Embrace the fact that calling on phones during office hours yields low results in terms of hours spent

deVere Group2019-07-11