deVere Group Trainee Wealth Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Aug 2018

4.4
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green

"Excellent company with massive benefits"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Liverpool, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work at deVere is exactly what you'd expect from such a world class company. The work is hard and the days are long, but that's what you're told from day one. In honesty working for them has been an incredible experience so far, they are very supportive of you and will help you achieve your ambitions if you're not afraid to put in the hard work.

Cons

Honestly can't see a con, everything is how I expected

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing the graduate scheme so far is great (I'm just about to leave Malta), I don't think a better scheme could really exist.

deVere Group2017-06-28

"deVere Graduate Program"

Trainee Wealth Advisor in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group

Pros

- Opportunity to gain CISI wealth management qualifications - Learn about financial products and interact with asset management firms - Meritocracy - Work hard, play hard culture - Managers have very good sense of humour - Opportunity to learn new skills (recruitment, sales) - Able to travel to pretty much any office you want in the world to start working full time (return flights paid) - Given paid... accommodation near the offices (20 minute walk) - Pushed to compete with other grads in order to improve yourself - Work hard during the week and you are not expected to come in at the weekend - Interact with colleagues outside of work by playing football

Cons

- Sometimes important information is not revealed until later - No clear stats on previous graduates - No offices in England, purely abroad

Advice to Management

- Make all details of the program clear from the outset including rotations in recruitment, FX, Pensions etc - Outline the pros and cons of different locations clearly - Get senior members of staff to give talks on their deVere experience (Q&A sessions) - Organise networking events within the firm for staff

deVere Group2016-10-10

"Malta graduate programme"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

During the graduate programme you receive alot of training, support, help and advice. If you have any questions at all there is always someone to help you.

Cons

Hard work and early morning so not much time to socialize but is so worth it after you have finished.

Advice to Management

Continue the way you are going!

deVere Group2016-05-02

deVere Group Response

June 15, 2016Manager

Thank you for your glowing review, we are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time working for deVere Group and we wish you the best of luck with your upcoming exams.

"Graduate Scheme"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Ipswich, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very well-structured format to prepare you for each next step in the training process. Great competitive atmosphere- personally found this a fun aspect as oppose to daunting or overbearing. Lots of opportunities to gain advise and mentorship from those more experienced and from those who have been through the same process also.

Cons

Early mornings, certainly not for the faint hearted /lazy individuals- As it is results driven you need to be tenacious and ambitious.

Advice to Management

Continue with support- was very informative and encouraging.

deVere Group2016-05-02

deVere Group Response

May 4, 2016Manager

Thank you for your review,your comments have been noted and will be passed along. We wish you a long and prosperous career with deVere Group

"Graduate Dubai"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Dubai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office atmosphere is fantastic, everyone works hard but the music and jokes that fly around make it really enjoyable.

Cons

Long days, lots of coffee is required!

deVere Group2018-08-15

"Trainee Wealth Advisor"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had read many negative reviews about the DeVere Grad program before applying for this role but after 4 weeks training in Malta I am now based permanently in Auckland, New Zealand with the potential to earn a great salary for the first year of a graduate program - all my university friends are fighting for graduate jobs in London paying £18-25,000! This job comes with a work hard play hard culture, if you are... willing to put in the hours then you will get to reap the rewards ten fold and have the opportunity to work all across the world.

Cons

I have found no cons to this job, they have paid for my visa, flights & accommodation since I joined the company. As per my "pro's" this job is very rewarding as long as you put in the work - if you want an easy ride or a free holiday then don't waste your time applying

deVere Group2018-08-08

"Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Zürich

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Market leading product and ethos Good coaching and opportunities to learn Environment is great Genuinely superb team culture across all the offices The leadership team is very approachable Good work gets rewarded

Cons

Well many of you may read plenty of bad reviews about the ethics of this company and wonder wether or not to follow through. I was also in the same situation as yourself. Look it is not easy to succeed, but the task requested during the intense training is very simple and once you sole it you will succeed. You must have the right mind set, attitude and willingness to pull through the tough love, occasional... shouting and you must not take anything personal. Again this is not for everyone, but give it your best and try yourself out if you want to succeed in anything in life.

Advice to Management

There could be a more attention payed towards the training of CISI and true examples of the products provided and how they are already in use with existing clients. Yes there is importance on how to deal with clients though the phones, but it would also be advisable to have true client management exposure as well.

deVere Group2018-02-27

"Balanced review, no beef with DeVere."

Former Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Zürich

I worked at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training in Malta is great. Very long hours i.e. 14 hours on occasion if you want to produce quality work. I was with a smaller group, would highly recommend not going in the summer as the groups are larger and you will be overlooked. I approached it with an open mind and very little experience. It gave me experience and now I have a good job back in the UK. I left DeVere after 4 months. You do get to... meet Nigel Green, that's the only good bit about hime, he is a bit of a cult figure within the company (he is very good at sales after all). If you have nothing else going on, go for it, it is difficult to get a foot into the financial sector and this is a good/dubious way to do it.

Cons

You have to data mine your own prospects, no one will tell you how to do this as you ultimately would 'steal' their potential prospects. It is more for people who have nothing to lose, either they've lost it already or just never had anything to lose to begin with. The company still seems to be still acting like a start up when really it should be consolidating its existing clients and not going for... exponential growth as before. There are competitors with a much better reputation (amongst the public and staff) and after I left at least a third of the staff went to these competitors. Switzerland was apparently the best place to go and from what I heard from other cities it was. You could only sustain a decent standard of living if mummy and daddy helped you out. They recently put the retainer up and made it a salary but I know it still wouldn't be enough. People in bars make more than you.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on improving client relationships. Working here is like being in a sinking ship and you're trying to get the water out with a laddle whilst others (some times staff) are pouring water on top of you - damaging repuation ect (typical stuff you read online as well).

deVere Group2017-12-30

"Not a grad scheme"

Former Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Good for the right person.

Cons

It's a recruitment role that involves lots of cold calling. Not finance related. Commission scheme is unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Stop advertising it as a finance role, it's sales and recruitment. Also stop advertising locations that you already know graduates won't be able to go to.

deVere Group2017-11-08

"Associate Wealth Advisor - Graduate"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Graduate programme at deVere, starting with a 3 week intensive training course in Malta provides you with an amazing opportunity to work internationally in some amazing locations straight out of University with all the support to do so after teaching you a vast amount over a relatively short space of time. The process allows you to gain valuable life skills and CISI qualification, meet like minded individuals... and push yourself before entering into the field.

Cons

This is not for the faint hearted, you must be the right type of person and those who aren't are probably where the bad reviews come from - don't believe everything you read. It is tough (especially if you're not a morning person) but it will be worth it.

Advice to Management

Provide structured feedback on a more regular basis with targets for the individual and be more clear in recruitment process. Advise that some people may not make it through the process. All in all great support and training provided over the 3 weeks.

deVere Group2017-08-23