deVere Group "hard work" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

deVere Group Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 15 Oct 2019

3.5
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
  • "The earning potential is second to none(in 32 reviews)

• "It is very easy to see that hard work at deVere leads to rewards(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Need to work long hours in order to be successful(in 45 reviews)

• "My experience in Malta had been great and can't fault the training(in 33 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews

"Graduate Scheme is not as they sell it"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Opportunity to make amazing money. They are the best and biggest financial advisory firm. Hard work is rewarded! This job really is not for the faint hearted, you will be expected to work long hours a day but the money I have seen people make is huge!

Cons

The graduate role is essentially sales. It was sold to me as a finance role but it really is not. For the first two years you will be cold calling and data mining all day. If you want to do sales this is a fantastic opportunity - it's tax free uncapped commission! But for myself personally I was so disheartened as I wanted to pursuit a career in finance, not sales. Furthermore, as it is in Dubai there are quite a... few things that happen that just would not happen in the UK due to legal reasons. So it's a bit dogey in that regard. The retainer system - you do not have a proper salary.

Advice to Management

Just be honest about what the graduate job is! So so many people who joined when I did left, as they were mis-sold. People are moving half way across the world, it is only fair to be honest. There will be some great motivated sales-orientated young people out there that want this job and both grads and your time won't be wasted if you get the right people in. Furthermore, the retainer system is really just... unacceptable. More people would stay if you provided a wage and then commission on top. I find the retainer system so disheartening and un-motivating. Lastly, there is no need for the people running the training course to speak to the trainees like dogs during the training period. We are successful graduates who want to do well, not criminals! There is a big different between being strict and being rude/nasty.

deVere Group2019-01-05

"Trainee Wealth Advisor (Grad Scheme)"

Current Employee - Wealth Manager

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Learn a lot of knowledge and life skills on the job - Fast paced introduction into the financial sector - Can be very financially rewarding - Great team of management staff - Good positive office environment

Cons

- Hard work and Intense -Challenging

deVere Group2018-03-02

"Graduate Wealth Advisor"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Great Training Learn a lot in a very short period Good Office Environment Good Preparation for a difficult commission based role

Cons

Hard Work Little Time to Yourself

deVere Group2018-02-28

"Excellent company with massive benefits"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Liverpool, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work at deVere is exactly what you'd expect from such a world class company. The work is hard and the days are long, but that's what you're told from day one. In honesty working for them has been an incredible experience so far, they are very supportive of you and will help you achieve your ambitions if you're not afraid to put in the hard work.

Cons

Honestly can't see a con, everything is how I expected

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing the graduate scheme so far is great (I'm just about to leave Malta), I don't think a better scheme could really exist.

deVere Group2017-06-28

"Malta graduate programme"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

During the graduate programme you receive alot of training, support, help and advice. If you have any questions at all there is always someone to help you.

Cons

Hard work and early morning so not much time to socialize but is so worth it after you have finished.

Advice to Management

Continue the way you are going!

deVere Group2016-05-02

deVere Group Response

June 15, 2016Manager

Thank you for your glowing review, we are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time working for deVere Group and we wish you the best of luck with your upcoming exams.

"Brilliant Company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Milan

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training I have received since I began has been really great. It has helped me to develop not just in my role at deVere but personally as well. Once I was permanently placed in one of deVere's offices the training continued and everyone that I work with has been very keen to help me and offer support. It is such a positive atmosphere to work in, everyone wants to see you do well. It is very easy to see that hard... work at deVere leads to rewards.

Cons

The hours can be long and if you aren't hitting targets it can get a bit demoralising.

Advice to Management

Keep up the training process, it can be intense but it was an incredible learning experience.

deVere Group2019-10-08

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Hong Kong

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities for career growth and proportional earnings to your work.

Cons

You will need commitment and hard work.

Advice to Management

Mark Read and Lindsay Mccorkindale are amazing trainers and truly great assets for deVere.

deVere Group2019-10-08

"For the Ambitious, Determined and Entrepreneurial Only!!!"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager/Trainee Wealth Advisor in Dubai

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Massive earning potential Fantastic training Career progression Financial qualifications

Cons

Incredibly hard work Long working hours

Advice to Management

Continue picking us up when needed as well as peeling us off the ceiling when needed...

deVere Group2019-08-17

"Training"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dubai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Training. The Malta Academy was tough as there is so much put in to the few weeks you are there. The training was in-depth and direct and not until you start in an office do you understand the benefits of the structure. I genuinely loved every minute of the time spent in Malta. Recruitment process was detailed and they are informed of everything. The office environment can be challenging. Not all managers are... the same or treat their staff the same. A few left within the initial few weeks I started due to a touch of confusion. The opportunity to earn is truly astonishing if you are prepared to work hard. Hard work has never frightened me so I could say that why I am still here. I will become an adviser in December this year.

Cons

Not for anyone who thinks this industry is easy. You are advising on retirement, investments etc and you need to work hard at this. Slight confusion when arriving in the office and the packages change from time to time which can lead to people leaving.

Advice to Management

Continue with the Academies and the training we need. Stop changing the packages, even little changes can have a big effect. Malta, keep up the good work .

deVere Group2019-08-09

"Tough 12 months program but absolutely worth the effort!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dubai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome Training Academy - I went to Dubai which massively took me away from comfort zone, built the initial good habits I needed and learned an amazing amount of information in a short space of time Choice of location Retainer's whilst not huge help out in the early weeks/months. Solid £30k - £40k earning potential year 1 which considering the qualifications and training also undergoing is justified... reward Great learning 1-1 no made up classroom based learning this is learning the industry first hand A training program that whilst based around a defined start and end point reflected my skills to ensure it was always ME that was progressing

Cons

Not really a Con but the role requires 100% hard work and commitment. This is not for the feint hearted as sure most other reviews attest. Unless willing to commit 100% during and indeed outside of working hours this is the wrong industry and role. A typical day is 10-12 hours in length and I am truly exhausted at the end of it but the knowledge learned in the early days and the knowledge I have now... certainly all worth the effort

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Sure some fail but ultimately how do you measure the key ingredients of drive and motivation. We're all driven and motivated when looking for a role. The so called "horror stories" presented by some reviews are nowhere near what reality looks like for the right candidate so tighten up on the interview and Academy training and the Group will continue to go from strength to... strength

deVere Group2019-07-08