deVere Group Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 26 Oct 2020

3.9
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
  • "Your success is directly correlated to the work you are willing to put in, so is great for people looking to excel with uncapped earning potential(in 40 reviews)

• "It is a job that requires a lot of hard work and effort but the rewards are very tangible(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours required to truly achieve potential - some may see as a negative but I see it as a great learning curve(in 72 reviews)

• "Hard work however the earning potential is reflective of this(in 42 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews

"Extended unorthodox family"

Current Employee - FinTech Consultant in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and the management are exceptional in their teaching ability and willingness to always help. "Hard work beats talent when talent fails" - it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from if you work hard in deVere you have the opportunity to earn a lot of money. You will make friends for life here, everyone cares about each other and will help wherever they can. This is a job for life if you put in the effort and time. If you're someone who wants the best out of life and looking for a pathway to do that and you're willing to work your *** off for it, this is for you.

Cons

Starting up can be difficult you just have to put in the time and effort.

Continue reading

"A fantastic place to progress quickly and be recognised for your hard work"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people are kind, helpful and encouraging and just a lot of fun to be around - Positive atmosphere, no negativity - Your hard work is recognised and rewarded - Great opportunity to gain a wide range of skills and knowledge, I've learnt more in my first few weeks at deVere than I have in any other job - Given responsibility very early on, great hands on learning experience

Cons

- If you aren't willing to work hard you aren't rewarded, so make sure you are willing to give it your all, otherwise you won't perform well here

3. COVID-19

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Coordinator in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started in the middle of a pandemic and have had the most amazing experience in the London office, having had no background in FS prior to this I can confidently say I will never look back! I am lucky enough to work for James Green who is the most fantastic leader. He displays integrity and emotional intelligence while leading from the front and encouraging good ethics and hard work across the board, which is inspiring for all at every level in the business. There may be some mixed reviews online on the business, and to each their own, but what I can say for sure is that this company has given me the opportunity to grow and succeed in the ways I deserve based on the effort I am willing to put in, and what I see across all offices is that hard work and dedication is recognised and rewarded, and to achieve success in this business you need to really want to put the time into learning and developing your skills and being consistent in your efforts. I cannot speak any more highly of the business and am very grateful to be a part of it, if you are looking for a unique opportunity that does not weigh heavily on the background or education you have, but more the personality, drive and determination you are willing to bring to the table then look no further than deVere!

Cons

I have none to note.

"Big opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Progression, development and ability to help clients reach retirement goals. Huge opportunities if you want to work hard and progress through the system. Clear targets and criteria to step up to the next level. The training from management is excellent. Fantastic products especially the notes and apps.

Cons

Hard work however the earning potential is reflective of this

Continue reading

"Company that recognises hard work"

4.0

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun and rather relaxed working environment, but work ethic is prioritised. Hard work is recognised and facilitates progression. Can travel to other countries for work. Unrivalled potential for earnings for the most resilient out there. You are encouraged to learn and study. The company pays for your professional qualifications provided you pass your exams. Currently seeking to implement technology into the business as much as possible, with the initial training course being done via Zoom.

Cons

Whilst management only ask for core hours, people often work longer hours. As most roles are commission-focused, that should come as no surprise. It will probably take a few months before financial rewards become more consistent.

6. "Hard work sees real results"

Current Intern - Summer Intern in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group

Pros

-High energy, friendly working environment -Motivational, knowledgable and approachable leadership -Opportunity to progress quickly -Hard work is recognised and appreciated

Cons

-Competitive nature of sales may not suit all

"Fantastic Opportunity if you work HARD!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

deVere Group gives you the foundation to excel in the financial industry through advanced training, progress development & Client management. I am relatively young but I’ve gained the skills and techniques to advise clients through complex solutions which is incredibly rewarding and having gratification from clients. deVere Group rewards employees that have a proactive approach. I honestly love the job I do and I’m incredibly thankful for the opportunity because to work for a company which is constantly evolving and developing you as an employee to the highest potential.

Cons

Hard work & long hours but in essence your self employed and the harder you work the faster you progress and advance your career. The reason you see bad reviews or people not succeeding is because the lack of drive and hunger to get to the end result.

"Not good."

1.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't deny that you do develop a lot as a person working for the company, although a lot of that is "character building". The experience of being able to work abroad is incredible, and I did learn a lot about myself within the short time I was working in the company. Staff are extremely helpful and are usually more than willing to assist you if needed.

Cons

The wages are so incredibly low, its a struggle to live on. Not only that, but you are put on a retainer (meaning that the money you receive as "salary" will be subtracted from your commission once you step up to being a consultant). I was not shown my contract until after the training course, therefore I was unaware of this until arriving at my "assigned destination". The success rate of the company is extremely low, and If you haven't got "what it takes", then you will be destined to fail. Hard work isn't valued, as the company is a meritocracy. The office I worked in thrived off of drama, and new gossip/rumours about staff circulated the office on a daily basis. There were also an abundance of sexist and homophobic comments made to staff and trainees during the training course and in the office I was assigned to. The environment was toxic.

Continue reading

"Graduate Scheme is not as they sell it"

2.0

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Opportunity to make amazing money. They are the best and biggest financial advisory firm. Hard work is rewarded! This job really is not for the faint hearted, you will be expected to work long hours a day but the money I have seen people make is huge!

Cons

The graduate role is essentially sales. It was sold to me as a finance role but it really is not. For the first two years you will be cold calling and data mining all day. If you want to do sales this is a fantastic opportunity - it's tax free uncapped commission! But for myself personally I was so disheartened as I wanted to pursuit a career in finance, not sales. Furthermore, as it is in Dubai there are quite a few things that happen that just would not happen in the UK due to legal reasons. So it's a bit dogey in that regard. The retainer system - you do not have a proper salary.

Continue reading

"Trainee Wealth Advisor (Grad Scheme)"

4.0
    Current Employee - Wealth Manager

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Learn a lot of knowledge and life skills on the job - Fast paced introduction into the financial sector - Can be very financially rewarding - Great team of management staff - Good positive office environment

Cons

- Hard work and Intense -Challenging

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 English Reviews