dunnhumby Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

4.1
dunnhumby Interim Chief Executive Officer Claire Lorains
Claire Lorains
Pros
  • "Strong value base and great culture(in 57 reviews)

• "Forward thinking company with great people(in 51 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Middle Management is a big problem(in 21 reviews)

• "As far as of my experiance, I find it stable senior management can deal in a better(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great Company going beyond my expectations

30 Nov 2020 - Technical Account Director in Hammersmith, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Welcoming and proactive with its engagement. This is the best experience I have seen from a tech company actually doing what they have said and it being enjoyable. There are visible goals and objectives, structured and mature approaches. Colleges and co-workers are experiences and dedicated.

Cons

None so far. There is an active pace and support to get up to speed and join in with the success of project delivery and team spirt.

2. 5.0

Great employee

11 May 2021 - Client Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a Great People business

Cons

I don’t have any complaints

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Some growing pains, but still a lot of potential

3 May 2021 - Senior Technical Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the nicest, brightest folks I have worked with. Always felt like there were people there who genuinely cared about me. Some mind-bogglingly smart folks.

Cons

Change of strategy a few years back is still causing some growing pains. Can be guilty of putting short term financial objectives ahead of long term sustainability and development.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

10 May 2021 - Account Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun community and nice environment

Cons

Men seem to prosper more - sometime more about being all talk than actually being good at what they do

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

7 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

the company's culture is very technology focus, it would be a good place if you are doing a tech job. people are really nice, there are good amount of social event, colleagues are not just colleagues but friends! good memory working there.

Cons

lots of contractors/consultants who are only staying in the company short term. pay raise/promotion is difficult hence staff retention is very poor. normally people staying for 2-3 years then leave for a better paid job elsewhere. Too much competition for being promoted.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Talented people not so talented management

24 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, easy to build friendships ,very approachable. There are some extremely talented and smart people however unfortunately a lot leave due to the lack of recognition and progression. If you plan to just stay for a year you can gain some good skills if you are client facing but will stager in most cases in 6 months-1 year. - If you get a good manager you can learn a lot and if are extremely lucky and get an amazing manager they will fight for your progression you will have no issues progressing then, unfortunately heard and seen cases really bad ones as well which makes you question how they got there but this is more of a minority. - The office in London pre-covid is a nice environment to work in , bright and nice areas to sit and relax or have a coffee break, informal meetings. - Global dh culture is much better than UK one but unfortunately Global dh is always lacking on resources due to lack of budgets. - If you are a parent men and women are offered the same parental leave, it is a good company if you have a family as hours can be flexible. - Early finish Friday at 4 and last friday of the month finish at 2.

Cons

I heard dunnhumby was a much more people's driven company before I joined this does not seem to be the case anymore. If you are a grad I believe it is a good company to join as there is a set progression for you in a year and a half to a higher level role, if you are not a grad and a person who wants to develop run the other way or have a plan B for after a year if progression does not take place! When you first join dunnhumby you will feel that it is a great company with a great culture, don't be fooled it is all a facade! -Executive team is not transparent with its people -Lack of clarity even to its employees of what type of business dunnhumby is. - Owned by Tesco, sometimes questionable who makes the decisions. -Dunnhumby seems to either push away the talent or make the most talented and smartest people redundant. - No progression -Company says it has values and cares about its employees that is not true from experience, it is all about cost cutting. -Since I joined for 2 years there were 2 redundancies, no clarity of what dunnhumby is. -No investment in talent -They say it is non-hierarchical but it is not always about how good you are always but how well you play the politics i.e will choose to hire someone external than promote someone internally because they don't have the specific direct skills yet the external person doesn't either but is more valuable. - No compensation - A lot of talk not a lot of action - Heard a few cases where a promotion or a salary increase was offered after people receiving offers from other companies, people should not feel that they have to find another job in order to be recognised. - This is more of a rarity but there has been bullying happening from managers to its employees and people being scared to report it.

3 people found this review helpful

dunnhumby Response

Thank you for your review, I can reassure you that we take all feedback seriously and are always open to ways we can continue to improve our employee experience and culture at dunnhumby. We are very proud of the achievements and progress we’ve made in what has been a challenging period through Covid-19. The spirit of dunnhumby has remained strong through the pandemic as we’ve all pulled together and prioritised well-being and connection with our colleagues and were delighted to see this reflected in our high engagement scores. We were pleased to be able to make salary changes during this tough time and have also celebrated promotions for over 10% of our population. We’ve also increased our learning and career development options this year, running virtual sessions, enhancing our digital offerings and launching our fantastic new leadership programme. We do not tolerate bullying of any kind so, if you have witnessed or experienced something you are uncomfortable with, please do reach out in confidence to our HR team or via our Speak Up line.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing onboarding experience

30 Nov 2020 - Client Lead in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've joined the dunnhumby team remotely and I couldn't be more impressed by how smooth it has been. They have tons of online training, arranged Teams meetings with all my colleagues so I could get to know everyone 'virtually', made it really clear what I would need to be achieving in my first 90 days and just generally were so welcoming. I get the impression they put a lot of effort into a work life balance with early finish Fridays and virtual social catchups where talking about work isn't the priority. I'm really enjoying the company so far and looking forward to going into the offices in person soon too!

Cons

My computer wasn't ready on my start date, but it was all resolved really quickly and professionally.

dunnhumby Response

Thank you for your feedback and it is great to hear that you feel connected to your team even after joining remotely. We have tried really hard to create a really positive on-boarding experience for all new starters during lockdown and there have been some issues but I am glad to hear your were resolved quickly and you got a really clear picture of what to expect within your first 90 days.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

23 Feb 2021 - Solutions Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great ambition. Strong leadership team. Opportunity to grow. Transform the market with data.

Cons

I found the experience positive overall

9. 5.0

Excellent place to work

3 Mar 2021 - Account Lead in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice people Flexible work place

Cons

There are no cons here

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

An excellent company to work for

9 Oct 2020 - Associate - Commercial Graduate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The Commercial Graduate Programme is well organised, with a good balance of structured training and on the job learning. -At dunnhumby, you're quickly made to feel like an integral part of the team where your contributions and ideas are deeply valued. -The programme provides a breadth and depth of experience across the different area's of the business. There's lots of opportunities available to you, and you have the autonomy to gain the experience you want from the graduate programme. -The working environment at dunnhumby is truly collaborative. Colleagues, no matter their role or seniority, are happy to offer help, answer questions or meet to share advice and insight. -Great company culture, very social with lots of extra curricular activities to get involved in. -Encourages a healthy work-life balance. -Lots of resources available to employees to support their mental and physical health and wellbeing, as well as additional perks such as early finish Fridays. -Successful virtual onboarding process and wfh procedure.

Cons

-Haven't experienced any cons so far.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 838 Reviews